The ETN Fomosapien Rocket To Mars’ Moons Club. Vol2; It’s all about the Gig

its not exploitation if they set the prices excessively low compared to those at Fiverr. Because remember, a lot of these people earn cents on the hour.

1 Like

But they shouldn’t have to and shouldn’t be expected to. If I smell that they are being taken advantage of, then I’m not going to stay quiet about it, I can promise you that. If it was worth x amount of dollars on Fiverr, then it’s worth the same on anytasks.

4 Likes

Well you have to think a little more critical. If the platform reaches everywhere in the world, people with similar skills will have to compete with those selling these skills at the lowest market price. So if there are people making cents per hour, you can bet they are willing to take a way smaller pay than people with better economic conditions. Of course, the underlying factor in determining the price of a task is the quality of the service. The one thing a free market cannot do is exploit someone.

1 Like

Yeah, well I still buy stuff on Amazon, because the link’s in my browser and I already know it. Even though I might get the same stuff in 101 other places if I bothered to look.

Yeah, I just get tired of the narrative that they are expected to give their work away for nothing just because the Fiverr fees and Paypal processing fees are eliminated.

If I was a seller migrating ove from Fiverr I wouldn’t lower my prices, I’d be moving over to give myself a raise, and possibly increase the jobs I can get.

But yeah, true of course the marketplace will decide prices for the most part and quality and skills will vary.

It just gets under my skin that people think sellers should be required to charge less for it to work.

IMO even if so and so charges some ridiculous low price for okay quality work, that person can only do so many projects at any given time.

Doesn’t mean everyone has to try to meet or beat their silly low price. They want to undercharge for their service, that’s on them.

There will obviously be varying levels of skills in every category offered. It will sort itself out I’d imagine.

1 Like

I’m just saying really, the world doesn’t change overnight because of AnyTasks, but we’ll get a slice of the pie for sure.

The other thing is Fiverr and similar, WILL fight back if they feel threatened, they won’t just let themselves be wiped out of existence.

1 Like

Don’t forget the market forces that will be at play. People in newly opened countries will be able to sell their services, likely for more than their local economy has long dictated. As such, their income raises, and the local impact has to adjust for that. This leads to inflation, as naturally the local economy wants to get in on that bread. As such, cost of living will go up, and, at least partially, reduce their financial gain over that of the community.

Whilst this is going on, nearby people also discover this new means of making income. As such, competitive economic actions dictate that the price asked for declines, as this gig economy is basically similar to a bid system.

A homeostasis will be reached, it’s just a question of how soon (largely dictated by adoption), and how far off expectations it ends up being.

2 Likes

if I can sell my gig for the same price but get more out of it because the site doesn’t take part of it then I go there. so the old site will have nobody to sell their gigs. the buyer goes to fiver and finds nobody selling gigs so s/he searches and finds anytasks. this is the “nobody” situation you don’t see.

It will be interesting to see how it goes and where things are in 5 years.

The new income will be spent, so local businesses will benefit, housing demand will increase, ect ect.

I don’t know, we will see. I think the small business and corporate community will become more and more dependent on freelance workers and the freelance workers may have the upper hand down the road.

Since gig workers do not have to be provided with healthcare coverage, unemployment benefits, L&I insurance ect ect, I don’t really see that they will have to increasingly lower their prices to be competitive…the more businesses rely on outsourcing to gig workers, the more power the gig workers have I think.

As they become more relied upon for various outsourcing tasks, they may just form some kind of global union. Who knows where the future goes once you enable a global workforce to perform work from home.

2 Likes

You may not be “nobody” but you are not “everybody” either. But I can see I’m in the wrong place tonight in this Instantly World Beating Moon Club.

1 Like

everybody goes to anytasks because they earn more there with the same gig and same price. BTW I didn’t say it would happen overnight

OK, righto then.

Just like that.

Then other companies will likely begin running promotions to make “everybody” come back again. I’ve seen it happen plenty of times.

1 Like

It will take time. I’d imagine those who already sell on Fiverr will be on both until such time it doesn’t make any sense to bother with fiverr or freelancer or wework or any of them other than anytasks.

It won’t happen overnight though I don’t think.

If they have repeat customers, I’m sure they will tell them they prefer to arrange jobs through anytasks.com from now on and direct the client to their offering there. If the buyer likes their work , prices and service, they probably won’t protest too much.

But Fiverr may try to lock people in to their platform somehow. Who knows what they are going to try to do to protect their business.

I think they just received big round of venture capital to play with…think I read something about it …could be thinking of someone else.

2 Likes

The people who run these other sites aren’t complete halfwits I’m sure.

no they are not halfwits. but who started to make cars? Ford. who makes the most cars now? not Ford. is Ford halfwit? no. still they don’t make the most cars

1 Like

No but Paypal would be hard pressed to meet the low cost of transactions that ETN has and Fiverr probably isn’t going to all the sudden charge nothing to the buyer and/or sellers.

Another problem is Paypal isn’t even an option for many, because it’s either not available in their country or they can’t attach a bank account to Paypal.

So in some places they find some creative workarounds like using a prepaid debit card linked to a paypal account, but that doesn’t work all the time or for everyone everywhere, plus it adds more fees.

You forget that ETN is solving problems that the unbanked face that makes doing work on a platform like Fiverr near impossible and if it is possible they lose almost 50% in fees before they receive the money

Those that are able to attach a bank account to a Paypal account wait 5-7 days before the money hits their accounts.

2 Likes

An example is eBay, still the go to place for selling for millions of people. They may complain about it all the time because of costs, but the buyers are already there. Other competitor sites have failed to gain traction even though they allow sellers to sell for less (because there are less fees). It’s what people know, and you don’t just knock out an established player in a market so easily.

Obviously the difference is we are enabling sellers who were previously excluded totally rather than just switching from one site to another. Now how do those newbies feel when “everybody” who was already on Fiverr, comes piling in and competing against them on the new site?

Does everyone lower their prices in a race to the bottom, the established “banked” sellers receiving less in order to compete with the extra sellers? It will be interesting to see how the supply and demand ratio works out, as we are bringing lots of extra sellers but surely that means extra buyers are needed, so where do they come from? I don’t have knowledge of gig sites but I do see from other marketplaces how sellers outnumber buyers and potential sellers leave disappointed that nobody wants to buy their gewgaw.

I think the charities/NGO involvement will help to push this in ways that a purely commercial enterprise competing on the same terms would not be able to. So don’t get me wrong I’m hopeful for it, but don’t see it changing the world overnight. We can but hope that even a modest drawdown of coins in circulation to Anytasks use will help with our value.

But they still make some. So they weren’t wiped out. And there are lots and lots of companies that make cars so no single company has taken over the world. I don’t think that’s a good analogy.

Not really, it’s the mass transfer of existing buyers to a lot of new sellers (who will also have to compete with any existing sellers who move over) that I’m thinking about.

1 Like

Fiverr seems to have become a serious freelancer marketplace for outsourcing high end tech skills, not just simple tasks.

I think it will take a little time before anytaks can grow to the level where IT experts and top web design, app devs ect ect are all on board.

But then who knows for sure, it’s all speculation at this point.

Brazil has many highly educated young tech people that may jump at the freelance opportunities and make anytasks very attractive to buyers. The Philippines has plenty of young techies, who if they don’t already have the skills can learn them quickly once there is a good reason to learn them.

All the targeted Asian and Latin American countries have a surplus of young tech generation that this probably opens a new world up to.

And the mentioned language interpretation interface seems interesting too, lowering barriers even more.

2 Likes