Have I been a fool?

Here is the official announcement regarding the patent in April of 18. https://www.facebook.com/electroneum/posts/patent-updatedear-all-we-have-an-amazing-update-regarding-our-patent-please-do-r/1981598578768777/

tldr
. Cryptocurrency Subscription Payments
What this means;
-Our patent covers subscriptions in cryptocurrencies and it covers subscriptions in cryptocurrencies to the value of any fiat currency, allowing a subscription to be either XX ETN per month (or week etc) or YY US Dollars’ worth of ETN per month. Users can control their subscriptions & permissions via a web interface (to be released).

-Our patent covers all cryptocurrencies and even allows us to provide instant payments or subscriptions in any OTHER cryptocurrency via our system.

• We now have a protected patent that allows us to add Bitcoin, Ethereum, Monero or virtually any other cryptocurrency to our app and allow users to make instant crypto payments to any vendor who wants to have the convenience of instant check-out.
2 Likes

And I have not been trying to argue. Only trying to help. I don’t think at any time the team said or insinuated that within 2 years we would be, well, anything other than developing and creating an ecosystem, which is what they appear to be doing.

1 Like

The community got a little over excited, but I don’t think the team has led us on at all.

1 Like

Sk8Monkey, I didn’t mean you when I was talking about arguing. You have been nothing but helpful and I thank you very much.

I really appreciate what you posted about the patent. I don’t belong to Facebook, so I never saw that news from a year ago. I was going by what was said in YouTube interviews. How disappointing that if you’re not on Facebook, you don’t get ALL the news.

I understand that this is a long-term project and requires mass adoption to succeed. I understand that they are creating an ecosystem and it takes time. I did my research. I still believe in ETN or I wouldn’t be here.

I’m extremely disappointed in the price. I feel the reason for the low price of 1/2 a cent is because we were told of Monster Deals and when that didn’t happen, everyone sold their ETN. It had gone up to 20 cents on the promise of what was to come and when it didn’t happen, everyone left. Now everyone speaks of 5, 10, 15 years and no one but me seems to care about that. Maybe I’m the oldest person in this investment and everyone else has years to be able to wait. I don’t know.

I just don’t understand how everyone has taken the 5, 10, 15 year wait in stride.

2 Likes

Okay, BegaMutex, stop telling me to do research. I’m a pretty good researcher, or I would be in some crypto other than Electroneum.

Again I will say (for the last time) we were told there were MONSTER DEALS and that seems not to be true.

With that, I will say good evening to all.

2 Likes

I think it will be sooner. The big hold up right now is the miner block rewards. When that goes down, the price will go up. I would suggest reading the Technical analysis thread on this forum.

1 Like

https://community.electroneum.com/t/etn-technical-analysis-society/7278/2059

Understand the frustration. Because Etn doesnt have such a good time they believe. Actually the time is running from them, unless there is things we dont know. Etn got competition, realize that. Etn is no longer a first choice, Etn will be one of several. It depends only how good, fast and right we make the time count from now. Mass is happening, next 2years is critical. You can be left in the dirt. There is topup out there, and better apps with multicoin, buy and visa.
Etn has also changed underway, and done alot talk, and Monsters lurking. Its time to show the Beef in 2019. i still believe they do. But its ticktack. And last, falling support of fans of crypto, and price, is never a good sign, nomatter how you talk it away. Not when markets seem to change momentum either.
Give flat iron, so we turn this ship!

5 Likes

its the people’s expectation the one who fool themselves

It’s not going to take 5-10 years for ETN to gain some adoption or for there to be serious use cases that could and should attract some big business.

If you watched the AAT interviews, both series, then you’ll recall the talk about the truly instant on network virtualized wallet system they were just beginning to write code on back then. It will allow transactions that are within the ETN centralized wallet system, (On Network), to be processed instantly with zero fees.

They will be able to do it for no fees instantly because the transaction won’t be processed on the blockchain and no miner fees have to be paid.

When this truly instant on network zero fees transaction system is launched, tested and ready for full release, it’s a game changer.

Remittance businesses will jump all over ETN. It changes everything. Hang in there. I don’t think I’m wrong on this, not with all the other real world uses cases that will come along for ETN as they build the infrastructure and ecosystem.

It won’t take years IMO, they already moved to new Amazon servers to allow for on the fly scalability to allow for 100’s of millions of on network virtualized daily instant transactions.

7 Likes

The Gig economy site might take a few months to gain traction and attract both digital workers and buyers once launched, but it sure as heck is not going to take 5-10 years for that to take off.

The people living in poverty who would love not to be raped of their hard earned money by platforms like Fivver or payment processors like Paypal aren’t going to ignore Gigguru.com and ETN.

But like I said , it could take 3-6 months maybe more to gain serious traction.

Certainly not 5 -10 years.

Poor people wanting to earn more money to improve their families lives don’t have 5-10 years either…they need a better life now.

5 Likes

Thank you so much, Dngruss. I have watch all the AAT videos, but don’t remember anything about this. This is really good information.
I’ll be looking forward to this happening.

Thanks again. :slight_smile:

1 Like

People are really turning into a bunch of cry babies about crypto. Anyone who buys into something without knowing the risks is a fool. There are no guarantees of anything. The project has been making great progress and the management know what they are doing. People need to realize change like this only happens when people have a reason to change. That is going to take time. Things will start slowly but will accelerate quickly as adoption grows. If you are that worried about money you should be asking yourself why and fix that issue. Money is a tool and should always be treated as such. It comes and goes and everything in the universe works off the idea of equal exchange anyway. If things in your life aren’t balanced figure out how to balance them and then things will flow nicely again.

5 Likes

I figured that might help calm your nerves a little. I know it can be frustrating when things seem to be going slow and time isn’t on your side.

I truly believe big things are coming in the next 12 months, maybe sooner, who knows, the team themselves can’t really know exact timelines in something like this …things that have never been done before.

I say 12 months because although some of these core pieces of the eco system will most likely go live well before then, building the necessary infrastucture in local communities to actually support mass adoption and the demand that will come with it requires some time and effort to build.

I’m talking about things like agent/vendors, tapping into existing remittance payout networks and their network of local agents. Ways to convert ETN to local fiat, or acquire ETN without having to go to a large crypto exchange.

I guess it could happen real quick if some key player gets on board right off the bat, but they still would have to integrate ETN into their systems, get all their send/payout agents squared away and setup to deal with the addition of ETN into their existing systems…test it and all that good stuff.

And probably many things I’m too tired to think of that are required to do to change how a company does business or radical changes in payment methods and systems.

Not to mention the fact that staff have to be trained regarding ETN, including customer support staff ect ect.

There just is no quick simple way to implement core changes to how your business does business.

Some will adapt faster than others…others will take their sweet time I suppose.

2 Likes

Yeah the Electroneum project is awesome. Price sucks atm both for the project and stakeholders, unless you are buying of course. Just picked up some more… :wink:

2 Likes

Just in the same way as people become irrationally positive at the peak of a bull market, people become irrationally negative at the trough.

Keep in mind that’s what’s influencing many people to state as if fact that ETN will take a decade to provide financial gains. It’s no less ridiculous than when people were saying the price would be $100 by 2018.

I think you’re right that the team was initially hasty with the hype-building, and that was a mistake.
I don’t think the intention was to trick anyone though, the team is just extremely excited about the project, which sometimes leaked out when it shouldn’t have. If you watch every video with Ells in it you get a pretty strong sense that Electroneum talks to many industry giants, and is constantly building a framework for success. Given the teams track record, these “monster deals” supposedly in the works are not imaginary, but are intentionally being unannounced for one strategic reason or another.

A prime example of this is with the partnership with The Unlimited. People were wondering why The Unlimited wasn’t advertising ETN as the enabler for its airtime/data deals, and it later turned out the reason was because Electroneum asked them not to.

I’ll stop there for fear of rambling, but hopefully that helps in some way.

5 Likes

At least you got a whole lot of views and points out with your thread, maybe be best buzz i have seen in weeks… the forum was also on a alltime low…:sunglasses:

2 Likes

True. Lets see this getting used. In numbers. Because crypto is starting getting used!
I think people want to see, and its not, why aint miners increasing solid as the romour spreads?
(Oh, well, there is some incentivasors out there, not only etn
Gotta keep track of whats out. Thats why time is important)

1 Like

Why did the team ask the Unlimited not to advertise? Seems odd…

1 Like