Have I been a fool?

Just want to thank you for being the most real voice on this forum. :slight_smile: a reality check. For a company that is almost 2 years old now.

1 Like

The unlimited choose not to…

1 Like

really good points! thanks man

1 Like

To be honest i think we were all led astray. Not neccessarily by Richard, but by the crypto market and by various Youtube ETN shillers. Even now some youtube nonces are telling us ETN will $xx next week etc.

We all saw those huge overnight gains back in late 2017 with other cryptos and we saw etn jump to almost 22c in jan 2018.

We all expected ETN to reach sky high prices almost overnight purely due to the mass attention it was getting back then.

Nobody back then truly knew the direction etn was going to go in and no one knew how crypto would eveolve. If anyone says they knew back then, then they are liars. Not even richard knew…back then it was mostly gaming and gambling. It then changed direction in 2018 with a move towards MVNOs and MNOs.

Things have changed. ETN is not a get rich quick crypto. In fact, with its goal of mass adoption and its target of the unbanked, you can pretty be sure that no one will see any kind of major gains atleast 2 possibly 5 years. But heck, who knows. Maybe a huge partner comes on board that sky rockets the price purely on speculation after the trial in south africa.

With crypto, you never know. I for one am holding as I havent invested anything i cant afford to lose. Lucilkily i have invested in other crypto projects, that in my opinion will (and already have) deliver much bigger returns in a much smaller timeframe, so if etn takes years, im really not bothered.

Key thing is, hold on for now. Give it 12 months, you may well be surprised.

1 Like

Who ever invested in crypto in 2017 lost there as$ no matter what coin you invested in. That alone will take time to rebound from and for people to trust in the crypto space again.

Excuse me sir, what type of bike is that? A while back it made me feel so good but now it’s just depressing me.

This? This here is a market cycle.

2 Likes

You guys are funny. You do realize a lot of your world now that you are in crypto is spent in a bubble? A crypto bubble?

There isn’t as much “adoption of competitors” as you think. You scroll your favorite social channels and think crypto adoption is happening everywhere. Still most people have no idea what crypto is and don’t hold any. ETN still has plenty of time. Relax.

I believe Uncle Rich when he says there are monster deals but with no infrastructure to support those deals, how do you expect that to work? Come on guys…seriously relax.

All that being said, if by this time next year there aren’t 10s of millions of users, big new tech innovations and large partnerships in place…then I’d be worried.

9 Likes

Your comment is inaccurate. The statement below is true.

2 Likes
  • less than 2 year old startup

I feel like people need to get this through their heads :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Anyone feeling a little chilly in here? Close the windows please. :joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

Just so you know I’m not pulling it out of my arse, here’s the ref:

Q2
2 Likes

Fortunately, summer is coming.

(Sorry @Storm and the other South-Hemisphere people :face_with_hand_over_mouth:)

2 Likes

:wink:

5 Likes

First, I would like to thank all the good people that posted encouraging and helpful answers to my dilemma. I sincerely thank you. Also, I will continue to stay invested in ETN, as there is not much choice at this point. It’s either that or lose your shirt!

Secondly, those of you who posted hateful things such as “be responsible for your actions”, “do your research”, “don’t be a crybaby” and such - I can’t believe some of your people!

Are you haters seriously thrilled with the ETN price of 0.005? Are you all happy that people are talking that it will be years before you recoup your loses? Do you like being on the losing end? Did you invest so that you could lose your money?

I was under the impression that people invest to make money, not lose it. Have you noticed that now that Bitcoin is on the way up, everything else seems to also be “on the way up” EXCEPT Electroneum? Does that make you feel good? Oh yes, I forgot that it doesn’t matter because you can AFFORD to lose the money you invested.

Silly me! What was I thinking?
I was under the impression the the “Electroneum community” was a bunch of good people, but as it turns out, not everyone is so great! Sad!

5 Likes

i think you have to know already that everywhere is good and bad people this is reality!!! dear!!! unfortunately. i lost 110k etn because of exchange but i am till here

1 Like

My way of dealing with my own impatience being a Western investor is to put my mind on other things. Right now I’m playing cryptokitties and also another crypto game that is like the old board game Risk but it’s in Augmented reality. If anyone is interested PM me and I’ll give you my referral code so we both get a bonus.

This is going to take time but when it starts going I feel it will steam roll across Africa. I’m excited to see those M1 phones get released by ICASA and start selling. That’s when I think it will all start.

2 Likes

Thank you for your comments. I see you have done your due diligence, you have researched the project and the team behind it, you have followed all the basics you are cool as a cucumber. However, you are now dissatisfied with your decision. I understand your frustration, but you are making it sound like the company has gone off to boils. NOT true. As one of my colleagues pointed out above no time frames or monetary promises were ever made or implied by Richard or anyone on the Team. I am sorry things are not moving as fast as you thought they would and that you are dissatisfied with some of the comments you received.

There are many things that are taking place behind the closed doors, unfortunately, and I am sure you understand the details cannot be shared with everyone in the open, nor should be shared. We tend to focus on the minor things and not the major things that are important or what the Electroneum has done. Yes, every day is a struggle if you have a negative mindset, when you are wallowing in pity and misery looking at the price every 5 minutes. It is hard to see the good and the true potential that is with the Electroneum. I understand you are older than most and you do not have the luxury of time, but there are external forces such as market conditions, regulations to name a few that are beyond Electroneum’s control.

I know every person in this forum is at a different stage of their life journey, but it is quite clear across the board that no one wants to wait 15 or 20 years. Building of the fintech/cryptocurrency company takes a great deal of perfect execution, it requires hundreds of little tasks done well. The most difficult thing to get right is the execution. This is because running a successful company features a ton of moving parts. Getting all of these parts moving in the right direction is extremely difficult, but I can tell you they are doing better than most. The difference between successful people and unsuccessful people is the successful people do all the things the unsuccessful people don’t want to do. When 10 doors are slammed in your face, go to door number 11 enthusiastically and that is precisely what Richard had been doing.

I don’t have a crystal ball, but can say with an enormous amount of confidence that ETN will succeed, you got to give them more time to navigate.

SUCCES%20ETN

p.s. 8% tip of the iceberg

16 Likes

I feel like this post should have its own thread. Nice

1 Like

Thank you for your response, MSystem. I respect your opinion as I know you were in Barcelona at the conference and met with the Electroneum staff.

I realize that no time frames or monetary promises were ever made or implied by Richard or anyone on the Team, however we were told several times there were “Monster Deals” coming. To me, this implies that Electroneum should have a price of more than 1/2 a penny.

It isn’t that things are not moving quickly enough to suit me, the problem is the price of ETN is not moving AT ALL. I did not expect $1.00 (or the ridiculous $100) at this stage of the game. However, I did not expect to lose my entire investment either. As I stated before, I believe most other cryptos are rising with Bitcoin, but ETN is not rising at all. In fact, it keeps falling. The rating on Coin Market Cap went from 50 to 100. This is the wrong direction, as you are aware.

I believe what happened is that ETN was “hyped up” so much by Richard and all the YouTubers that were making Electroneum videos, (and especially those doing interviews with Richard) that when the price went down, it stayed down because people no longer believe Richard or the YouTubers. Now, all we hear is long term, long term, long term.

Well, let me tell you, I can wait for a couple of years (as long as I don’t drop dead in the process). I am not stupid enough to think you can build a business overnight. I know it takes time. HOWEVER, what I would like to see is Richard come out with SOME KIND OF NEWS that would get the public interested in ETN again. We cannot sit at 1/2 a penny for much longer as the entire crypto market is passing us by.

I’m not expecting a fortune, but is it too much to look for a dime while ETN is building their business? Half a penny is VERY CLOSE to ZERO, you do realize that, don’t you? I do believe, in all honestly that after 1/2 a penny comes zero. Something has to give and it has to be soon or no one will ever believe in ETN again, except for the few of us hanging on for dear life.

Again, I will give them all the time they need to succeed. If it takes longer than my lifetime, I will leave my ETN to my Grandchildren. But, someone besides me has to realize that there will be no further buyers of ETN crypto (except maybe the people using it as a means of money in Africa) unless SOMETHING brings that price past 1/2 a cent.

I do hope that you or someone else can communicate this to Richard Ells. Most people don’t have the patience to wait forever with an investment that languishes at 1/2 a penny.

2 Likes

Thank you comment and understanding, it is very much appreciated. I do not have all the answers, but I can tell you there are many irons in the fire. I am pretty sure you will still be very much around when things go well for ETN.

Thanks
M.

10 Likes