Fight The FUD Club Round 1!

Yes i am full of love, going to wake up my wife and kids guess how much love that will give me LOL

3 Likes

ETN already future proofing the community forum…This is going to rock for years to come =D

3 Likes

Richard said there were about 15 deals in the pipeline. Assuming some of those deals are with mobile operators, any thoughts on which countries other than Turkey might be in play?

1 Like

Could partnerships also mean the ones we heard about recently? (SistemKoin, Liquid, etc)

They could be, although my sense is that they are operators and retailers/vendors.

Good night all, thanks for helping to jump start this thread.

3 Likes

With the low volume we got it might have been ok to use GPU miners, the ASIC miners is like Formula 1 if we compare. so with huge amount of transaction and i higer coin value it might be ok like you say. I think we must let the volum grove a bit. I don’t belive the chinese mining companies are crooks, they only go for most profit and that i can’t blame them fore, and i don’t think it matter if it is from US, EU or China it is only profitt that counts.

If we can position us for the chinese market that would be great, it might be the biggest market in the world and the chinese are tec freeks so that could go crazy.

Do you believe that its a good idea to induce people who are new to investing to write off adverse factors, worthy of objective observation as FUD? Lack of critical decision making is what separates an investor from a gambler and encourages fiscal irresponsibility.

Don’t get me wrong, I understand what you are trying to do here and admire your effort, but also believe that the reflexive action of labeling unappealing info as FUD, in lieu of applying rational thought is dangerous and those new to investing may not be aware of difference.

To reiterate, I’m not knocking the thread topic, I just believe this FUD thing is getting a bit out of control.

4 Likes

I think it was more ment as a chat, if you look at the fight the dump thread, we did chat for most of the time.

For making a decision in investment i think a more technical thread is more appropriate. When i am investing i am more to the technical part of the product to decode the future. TA for swing trading, and not something that looks like a loose chat like fight the dump thread.

FUD is also a word common us as negativity, so the thread could also be called fight negativity. The thread is placed under the category Exchanges/Future/Price, speculation and news is most likely to be debated like the category say.

The thread starter say in top text

This tells us a bit of the intensjon of the thread.

This is a very interesting question and like i have replied to several in PM when some discussion go to far. We are one group of people that come from around the globe, different age, social status, financial status, different language, different culture it is allot that is different between the people behind every nick name and avatar. Slang expressions can be very difficult to understand and sometimes i must use the urban dictionary only to understand half of it. I am not disagreeing with you i am only pointing out some points that might be worth considering.

Another debate that i have with myself is hove to see the forum and its purpose. I have read the forum FAQ several times and they are very loose but fair and there’s a lot of rom. So i look at the forum in several ways. My first impression is that it is dedicated sosial forum for ETN and its supporter. My second thought is that it is first line before support where many questions is answered before the need for a support ticket to the ETN team.
I also see the forum as a communication platform to the ETN team where they can analyze and filter the information they need for different purpose. This is a large community that will grow beyond imagination and with the variations of people and interest it is difficult to keep a strict structure like the academy. So if i try to make a short sum i look at the forum like a sosiale media, the academy like the place for facts and education end the ETN team as the government.

Maybe I see this in the wrong way, but I share my view of the forum’s features and may need some guidance myself , but I think it’s important to reflect a little on how to look at the forum in a larger picture.

I think you ask some good questions so I try to respond even if I’m not the one who started the thread and i go of topic and talk shortly of some of my reflections about the forum :slight_smile: Happy Days

6 Likes

Oh gees, this thread was made for me haha

1 Like

I’m so excited. Bring on everything, just get to at least £6 so I can retire.

3 Likes

Oh my! Did you hear that people???

That’s huge!!!

Kidding. (People please read the whole post I quoted) Just stirring @Deleted_Account I totally get your very valid points. For the record, I’m a long term holder and there is no chance of me selling my precious ETN because a romour doesn’t eventuate. But I understand not everybody works that way.

1 Like

In the end, FUD or fomo doesn’t make a real difference. As you say, Electroneum stands on its own merits. But when you love something so much, it’s nice to have a space to share that passion, hear the “rumours” and dream about the possibilities, without being bombarded with FUD.

1 Like

Born to ILL (sorry @Squidward_Nakamoto yesterday i collapsed)

1 Like

Well it’s Friday about 10:30am London time… no news from the team yet. A bit quiet really. Will it be good news Friday??? :wink::zap:

Jeff, you are an amazing part of the ETN community and I find your thoughts on Electroneum to be some of the most trenchant. This thread is simply intended to be a positive feedback loop for people who want ETN to succeed and want to share their excitement in a place where the negative nellies are not welcome. Let’s not forget, it’s Richard Ellis himself who said that ETN is subject to an inordinate amount of FUD. And while it may not ultimately affect the health of ETN in the long run, it can be very annoying.

3 Likes

Cosmic and BFA, thanks for articulating things in a better way than I can.

1 Like

I have a theory that Ells has a soft spot for me :nerd_face: when it was my birthday and I asked for news, he delivered! (That’s all I got for that theory :face_with_monocle:)
Am I pushing my luck to ask again? Nah

Good news Friday? Here’s hoping :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

https://youtu.be/gODh1nsHlPg only positive vibes in here, please. Good morning, gang

1 Like

I think this thread is born to keep positivity in all the people having some doubt on ETN. I think FUD are allowed if they want some explanations on ETN, but all people that say ETN is shit, please, go away.