Alternative Option for CPU/GPU miners

Norway has 40% of the electric market :joy:
The top Spec Tesla is as cheap as a Audi Stationwagon with good engine. Or half of gasoline cars with such engines and spec.
And its free TollRoads, tunnels, bridges and you can drive in the Bus/taxi lane where its almost none traffic. Its also free parking.
But now Hydrogen is on its way. We now built worlds first Ferry fully hydrogen driven.
Also coming to transport. American Nicola motors has a large contract to company NEL hydrogen here. Not a bad future Stock to have.

3 Likes

I am still having issues. Any help appreciated.

as a newbie the whole wallet address confuses me. It leaves me wondering if the wallet address I am using is correct, is it the same as my ap address? Because I am collecting on that (a little, maybe 2 ETN per day) but I have no recollection of ever entering a wallet address though my Electroneum account shows payout at my.electronium.com.

The balance of the .JSON file is as came from XMrig. When I run it I am not mining…
the common screen is lots of N/a
Entire JSON file below the screenshot.

{
“algo”: “cryptonight”,
“api”: {
“port”: 0,
“access-token”: null,
“id”: null,
“worker-id”: null,
“ipv6”: false,
“restricted”: true
},
“autosave”: true,
“background”: false,
“cache”: true,
“colors”: true,
“donate-level”: 1,
“log-file”: null,
“opencl-platform”: “AMD”,
“opencl-loader”: “OpenCL.dll”,

"pools": [
    {
        "url": "mine-etnocean.thorshammer.cc:3333",
        "user": " my offline PUBLIC WALLET ADDRESS is here",
        "pass": "x",
        "rig-id":  "TheCapnVideo",
        "nicehash": false,
        "keepalive": false,
        "variant": 2,
        "tls": false,

"currency": "cryptonight_v8",

"pool_weight": 1,
        "tls-fingerprint": null
    }
],
"print-time": 60,
"retries": 5,
"retry-pause": 5,
"threads": [
    {
        "index": 0,
        "intensity": 56,
        "worksize": 8,
        "strided_index": 2,
        "mem_chunk": 2,
        "unroll": 8,
        "comp_mode": false,
        "affine_to_cpu": false
    },
    {
        "index": 0,
        "intensity": 56,
        "worksize": 8,
        "strided_index": 2,
        "mem_chunk": 2,
        "unroll": 8,
        "comp_mode": false,
        "affine_to_cpu": false
    }
],
"user-agent": null,
"syslog": false,
"watch": false

}

help?
Cap

Due to the Cryptopia hack where the CNv8 coins were being exchanged for ETN, @Crypto_Kangaroo had to change the algo to the fast pool which uses a different exchange to aquire ETN.

Go to https://fastpool.thorshammer.cc/# and follow the instruction there. It’s actually a more power efficient algo to mine too. I would encourage you to join the telegram chat so you stay up to date to any changes that are made on the pool. He’s still tweaking it constantly to make it the best GPU mining platform to acquire ETN possible.

2 Likes

When you’re trying to switch to the new fastpool, but your dog :dog2: isn’t having any of it:

3 Likes

Switch over to the fast pool. You will make more ETN algorithm is cryptonight_masari
You are on the 3333 port? So you are mining with your CPU?
Then you will be on 6001 https://fastpool.thorshammer.cc/#getting_started
I don’t know what “currency” should be but it’s not cryptonight_V8 for fast but it may not matter

1 Like

Thanks, I’m CPU+GPU mining again using my Intel i5-7600 + GTX1060 (aka “Mid Range Hardware”) on the fast pool now.

“Generate your custom configuration to mine on our pool” was easy to set up (just pasted the resulting config into pools.txt of my XMR-STACK folder)
algorithm is:

"currency": "cryptonight_masari",

3 Likes

Anybody want some ETN? Take advantage of the 50kh hash I have rented on the pool. We are getting blocks regularly. Lets create some buying pressure to counter the dumping pressure. If you have a CPU or GPU come join the pool.

3 Likes

Won’t have time til tomorrow night to do anything about this, lots of energistic comments but newbies like me sometimes need step by step instructions.
I’ll go ofver your comments and suggestions Friday evening. Thanks!

1 Like

I’m on holiday, on Monday I’ll continue mining. So far I was mining with algo CNv8 on your pool, got 932 etn with 1.2kh/s -abt 32 etn/day. Will I get more etn/day if I change to cryptonight_masari algo? thanks

Ask the pool owner.
Crypto_kangaroo on the telegram channel

It will be better yes - as we are popping more blocks on that algo , the payments per block are smaller , but a lot more blocks than on the v8 algo

4 Likes

shell I use a different port?
the getting started page doesn’t say it
https://etnocean.thorshammer.cc/#getting_started

It has a different URL https://fastpool.thorshammer.cc - ports 6002 should be OK for u

1 Like

So I switched over to the fastpool but had some issues. Now seem to be ok but default for me shows port 3333 in the mining window. Is that going to mess something up? It seems to be mining. Here is my pool config page and worker addy is etnk9GHjGfc54mqNsH2KozL1o1W4BrztyYCgtrDmhu69FBci9y5ieYgAerP1iQtRPGSCLLmZdEHqg2PY5LiU2C263qd7pX3ZPX

using Awesome Miner.
Thanks

you need to use port 6001

so pool should be

mine-etnocean.thorshammer.cc:6001

2 Likes

Continued…whenever i plug in the 6001 port anywhere I get errors. here is awesome miner diagnostics. I’ve tried using 6001 at end of url like this mine-etnocean.thorshammer.cc:6001 get errors. Also used command line parameters in pool config to this ```
“pools”: [
{
“url”: “mine-etnocean.thorshammer.cc:6001”,
“user”: “etnk9GHjGfc54mqNsH2KozL1o1W4BrztyYCgtrDmhu69FBci9y5ieYgAerP1iQtRPGSCLLmZdEHqg2PY5LiU2C263qd7pX3ZPX”,
“pass”: “x”,
“keepalive”: true,
“nicehash”: false,
“variant”: 1
}
],

but only get errors--diagnostics:

I had to use cryptonight_masari algo instead of fast on xmr-stak.

If you pop on over to the telegram group, Robin uses awesome miner too.

1 Like

Now just getting rejected

Change the coin type to Masari