Alternative Option for CPU/GPU miners

I’ve done a mixture of the two above, I sold my cards for ETN except one and bought ETN, I couldn’t bear to part with the last and best one and just mine a small amount. I have to admit that yesterday Windows ten shut it down for the 10,000,000th time so I switched for a week to finish the ETH I was mining then I’m switching back to the ETN pool. I need to find a way of giving an exception to the ETN miner though as Windows really doesn’t like it.

1 Like

I might do a outrental of 6-10 Rx570 on Eth, if some wanted. Have location, and some cards not running.

if you can find someone to rent your equipment, I’d say do that. There’s more money to be made in renting than mining right now…that’s for sure.

1 Like

Try HIVE OS I use it and never get shut down. If you need help let me know.

Yes, use hive too. Easy to change algos and coins, after u first learn the setup

Does HiveOS support Vega GPUs yet?

sorry but I still didn’t get an answer. Let’s say I can buy 10k etn for 65 euros. Can I make more than 10k etn for 65 euros via renting? If not then no use to rent if yes then I can consider it

The simple answer to that is no. Especially if prices rise and difficulty increased. You are better off buying right now

1 Like

thanks. But why did you rent then?

Not sure who you are asking but if you scroll up you’ll see my answer to this.

1 Like

I was asking Cryptoman976

@wTz1 Maybe this will help on Windows Defender in Windows 10, at least its been working for the last week since I set it up. I use Awesome Miner so your names may be different.

• Open up Windows Defender
  • Go to Virus & Threat Protection Settings
  • Scroll down and open Exclusions
  • Add Exclusion
  • Pick Folder
  • Direct it to the folder that contains your miner
  • I also had to, after trial and error, find the other folder under your local user app data and add that to the exclusion list
    Names will be different in below screenshot but might help in where I had to go
    defender%20exclusions

Hope it helps

4 Likes

Glad I went back and reread the posts @Cryptoman976. Fired up my 1050ti GPU for the first time in months and was wondering why my hash rate is so much lower. Couldn’t figure it out on my end. Thanks

1 Like

ah, sorry…just saw this. I didn’t really rent. I did a test 3 hour rental on this pool because I was curious since I had never done it before. I used LTC that I had mined on another pool that does this same kind of converstion, only to LTC or BTC…so it did not really “cost” me anything. I did not get nearly enough ETN in return to cover the LTC value I spent to get them. But I’m sure the ETN I did get will be worth more than the LTC I spent to get it in the future.

1 Like

Do you mean you’d have been better off to trade your mined LTC to ETN on an exchange?

As soon as I get payout on the ETH I’m back on the community pool, I feel like I’m cheating on my wife by going over to ETH!

2 Likes

Yes, that is exactly right.

Its better to buy a X3, then its profit after roi is done

After you stopped mining cryptonight_fast I kind of got lazy about changing the config in HIVE OS back to V8 so haven’t been mining/miner was off. I just changed it and turned it back on, it’s cold over here and I need some heat.
My landlord has the roof full with solar panels and one of the other room renters has an electric or hybrid car that she plugs in once in a while so I very much doubt I will be using as much electricity as her.

Lots of electric cars coming out this year. There are tax incentives from the utility providers here in California that could pay for some of your mining costs if you are a miner and also have an electric vehicle. If you charge your car overnight it lessens the volatility of peak power demand during the day and afternoon versus when everyone is sleeping.
I read an article recently that said electric cars are going to get as cheap (initial cost) as gas cars by the mid 2020’s

1 Like

Figured I’d share some baseline numbers for whoever is interested in knowing what a basic cpu/gpu desktop computer can mine in this pool. Not sure how long these numbers will be relevant.

Ryzen 5 Processor
NVIDIA 1050ti GPU
XMR-Stak, V8 Algo

Run for roughly 3 days, hashing around 350 h/sec (:face_with_raised_eyebrow:) and received about 38 ETN. Pool hashrate was anywhere between 50-111 kh/sec at any given time. More pool hash= more blocks = smaller share, however better payout.

If your equipment is better, you should get more, not as good will get less.

Not killing it, but it’s great to be mining ETN again. Thanks @Crypto_Kangaroo!

P.S. I have done some GPU tuning after the 3 day trial and am currently getting another 200 h/s, will update running total in a couple days. Apparently the V8 algo isn’t kind to NVIDIAS and the default xmr-stak config didnt help either. I know @Crypto_Kangaroo is working on some updates.

1 Like