Alternative Option for CPU/GPU miners

windows?
20 fluffy ponys

Post the config file here and let me review it

Yeah, that may as well been in swahili for all I understood @Aironeous :joy::joy::rofl::rofl: Linux is well beyond me mate!

I may have cracked it, I learn as I goā€¦slowly! Every day is a school day in Crypto!

2 Likes

ā€¦and Iā€™m up and running.

6 Likes

Just one thing - go into the config file and change the donate from 5% to 1%, your dont want to be giving away that much hash, off memory is close to the top

1 Like

Thank you most kindly for your help, may I donate you some ETN for your assistance?

No problem, no need to donate , I run the pool so Iā€™m here to help if i can

2 Likes

Well thanks a lot I really appreciate it. What does the THREAD #0 COMPUTE ERROR message mean?

1 Like

It can be one of many things - but most commonly - if it continues to appear after first few minutes, you might need to reduce the overclock on that GPU, or maybe you have under-volted too much. It could be that the memory in a specific GPU, isnt tolerant of the higher OC. Cryptonight V8 is a little more intense than previous version

1 Like

Standard settings on Afterburner so I wonā€™t worry. I donā€™t see the point in overclocking itā€™s a pretty good card. Thanks for the help and setting up the pool. Itā€™s great to be mining ETN again!

3 Likes

It certainly isā€¦ This pool is a godsend.
I can see this pool and forum thread being very popular once the word really gets out :wink:

4 Likes

@BegaMutex do you think the team should be notified and have a formal announcement by them? I think this is great and should announced so those who do not have the forum are aware of this.

2 Likes

If iā€™m remembering correctly thatā€™s an error caused by having an old version cuda. But not sure if that applies on windows.

Cuda isnā€™t for AMD thoughā€¦is it?

oopsy
LOL

20 fluffy ponys

1 Like

Awesome miner looks really good for you windows guys.
https://www.awesomeminer.com/home

and translated to Swahili for comparison:

Miner ya kushangaza inaonekana vizuri kwako kwa madirisha ya wavulana.
https://www.awesomeminer.com/home

1 Like

I have to say again that itā€™s great that as a community we have a mining pool, this will be BIIIIG!

2 Likes

Can I mine using laptop? How? Thank you for the assistance. Newbie here.

Yes you can, although mining on laptops is not super recommended due to weaker heat managements.

Get the latest XMR-STAK. You may need to add the files to exception on your antivirus software.

Or you can get the no fee version here:

And run it. For first run you need to set your mining power to our ETN pool. Below is needed to type into the miner.

You need to set the mining algorhythm to

cryptonight_v8

For pool address:

mine-etnocean.thorshammer.cc:4444

For username: your etn wallet address
For password:

x

For rig_id: your worker name (whatever you want)
For support TLS/SSL AND use nicehash AND use multiple pools:

no

And done!

3 Likes