The ETN Fomosapien Rocket To Mars’ Moons Club. Vol2; It’s all about the Gig

Anytask was mentioned by @Sonic and then there was conversation about whether it should include the s or not

The ETN Fomosapien Rocket To Mars’ Moons Club. Vol2; It’s all about the Gig

8 Likes

I wonder if fiverr has trademarked the words “any” and “tasks” too??

5 Likes

Probably working on it right now lol

2 Likes

S no s? In the long run the fundamentals will see etn through. Important as branding is, Gig workers won’t care for the logo or colour scheme providing they get their etn.

3 Likes

Something I came up with instead of doing “real actual work.”

hqdefault%20(1)

1 Like

I am looking forward to launching just like you all.
But at the moment I don’t really share your enthusiasm for what I see.
I don’t like the microsite. It looks unprofessional to me, like a beginner takes a free template, stock images and tries to put it together. What on earth is that moving arrow? Ugly cropped animated GIF?

I strongly hope that the front end of the final product is coded by someone else.
I work as a senior frontend developer, in the past also as a graphic designer, and what I see is really ridiculous.
This is not a FUD, but a huge disappointment for me.
I am sorry…

2 Likes

Nice update today from the team :slight_smile: went to nature to get something nice… :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Pretty sure Ells’ other company Is in fact a web development company, and a successful one at that. I wouldn’t sweat something that’s still pre-beta.

7 Likes

Function and ease of use and understanding are number 1 IMO. Simplicity is a good place to start.

5 Likes

It’s Canadian Thanksgiving Monday, so I am in slacker mode. lol Nice to have the day off to hang around. (well kinda, my wife keeps finding things for me to do bless her heart lol)

3 Likes

Yes, I agree, but I expect a visually professional product. And this microsite really isn’t it.

Who is the target demographic? Us investors, or people looking to use the gig economy? And I like it. Simple, clean, easy to understand. Fluff can be added later. But I am OK with your opinion. To my mind, flashy isn’t important, what’s important is first impressions. Will sign up be easy for the buyer and the seller? Do transactions run smoothly. Does the site moderate and deal with issues well, IE keeping a handle on scammers, unscrupulous merchants and buyers etc. Will I be able to complain to a mod that the buyer has not paid me for services rendered, and have them act appropriately, etc.

3 Likes

I once paid for a Minecraft server via Paypal. The service did not provide the hosting they sold me. After complaining to Paypal, they refunded my money, and no longer let that vendor sell their services via Paypal. That makes me feel secure that I will get what I pay for if I use their service.

2 Likes

I could care less what PP’s site looks like. I care that the service they offer is provided.

2 Likes

Of course you are right, but I am not talking about anything flashy (I think the best design is simple design).
I am also talking about the first impression.
And it makes me feel like it’s not good enough right now.
And I would not like to feel that with the final product. Therefore, I believe that it is in someone else’s hands.

4 Likes

I just scrolled Fivers site. More options, of course, it’s not in beta, but it’s really nothing special.

1 Like

Don’t forget, being a web developer means you have an “experts eye”. You notice imperfections more easily, as that’s your job whilst doing your job to the best of your ability. I totally get it, having done game design. You never can look at things from the viewpoint of the consumer any longer, no matter how hard you may try.

Just my two cents.

8 Likes

They probably even trademarked “trademark”, “online”, “work”, “website”, “payment” lol… How they even possibly got that application for GIG granted is beyond my wildest imagination. If they can TM that, then ETN can also patent literally every payment option as in they created the first instant cryptopayment making all other available methods pure copycats.

Because GIG has never in the history of the mankind been a phrase up until fiverr came to exist LOOOOOOOOOOOOL…

Ahwell, rant over.

Thank you come again.

6 Likes

I can’t disagree, that’s right.

Generally I like things around design and ux perfect.
I don’t want to criticize at first, just trying to be constructively critical.

7 Likes

I build landscapes. I criticise everything. Even my own work. I get it.

5 Likes