The ETN Fomosapien Rocket To Mars’ Moons Club. Vol2; It’s all about the Gig

Well I need to get off to the nursery to make a massive plant order. A nursery here on Vancouver island just found spores of Sudden Oak Death, and is under quarantine. This means every other nursery on this island will be under inspection pronto, and my business could face a very serious shortage of plants if we have multiple closures. A scary prospect for me, this could hit us and our clientele hard, never mind the damage to many species in the area. In fact, if it is found at the nursery I buy from, I will be ethically obligated to report it and possibly hand over plants for burning. All I can do is make my customer aware that we are taking a risk. Hard news to take when you just tore the property asunder, and need to put it back together.

6 Likes

Man, that sucks. We just make regular orders from nurseries here in WA, and I can only imagine how painful such an event would be!

1 Like

There are over 7 million ETN coins for sell at 42 and 43 sats on Kucoin! If someone wants a ton for cheap, it is staring them in the face.

3 Likes

Hard on companies like mine, even harder for the nurserys. I am versatile. I can go build decks, fences, patios etc until plants become available, but there is little recourse for the nurserys. They can lose a million bucks in stock in a day, with zero recourse. And pay for the disposal of their stock. Bad times.

2 Likes

The software update is not part of the fork?

It would be something which prepares for the fork, and any new features it will introduce. Basically, building the foundation for the new house, which is the fork. Every fork is pre-planned to give mining pools and miners the chance to update everything ahead of the scheduled block-height. This fork scheduling tactic isn’t just an ETN thing, but something practically every crypto does.

2 Likes

Just making sure I was on the same page :+1:

2 Likes

I just didn’t want people to get TOOOO excited about this weekend. I mean, yes, get excited about it, cause it is big! But it’s also likely to be a lot of behind the scenes work that we won’t see the results of until the fork, as well as subsequent updates.

What I mean is this: In the notification from Richard Ells, he stated that “This is the notice of the first of our software updates”. So it literally is analogous to building a foundation for future work. It’s big in the respect that they are further making their system unique, as opposed to a “simple Monero fork”.

What makes this especially exciting, though, is when you consider everything which this is preparing for, and what might be possibly part of this weekends update.

What we do know is that they have been working on building an enterprise grade backend for the mobile wallet system, that will enable truly instant payments and cold storage, among other things.

I would predict that this weekends update is the implementation of that enterprise grade backend. This would explain why the mobile miner and instant payment system will be offline during this update.

(This next part is an unexpected wildcard, so it could be incorrect. if so, then the previous part still holds) This may also explain why exchanges’ ETN system will be under maintenance as well. If Electroneum is extending their enterprise system to exchanges, then we can expect some very interesting, and unexpected features arising in the future. (Truly instant payments and OTC trading between gig.guru, exchanges, and maybe even app??)

This also speaks to the professionalism of the team, and how well they work with all of their partners. If the above is true, then I would expect such a system being offered to, and implemented by, their mobile partners. Which again excites the imagination as to the potential of it all!

We may not see the immediate benefits, but Richard Ells himself stated that it will “help to unlock a fantastic second half to 2019”. And after expounding upon my take on this update and it’s effect on the Electroneum ecosystem, I am inclined to believe him, and believe in him and the team more than ever!

So yes, this an update we should all be very excited for!! Just remember that these things will be rolled out over time, in a series of updates. So again; don’t get tooo excited for this weekend alone. Get excited for what this means for this year as a whole!

25 Likes

Thanks for a detailed and technical breakdown, @Satsuikeshi! I read it as a ‘software fork’ but didnt realize it was just a software update. But like you said, its the first part and probably one of the most important foundation for all the other features coming down the pipeline :grin::grin:

4 Likes

Glad you enjoyed it! I could be wrong, of course. This is something which has been a long time coming, though, and spoken about in parts across many interviews with @ETNCEO, so it’s the natural progression for this to be the case.

3 Likes

All in all, it just screams FOMO to me :wink:

6 Likes

Just got my email now I’m happy.

2 Likes

Anyone want FOMO??

Watch this video from this time on (40min to 52min)

this makes so much sense and if its true this will be blasting!

17 Likes

That would be awesome if you are right, you know how much I’m looking forward to that game changing on network zero fees, off blockchain instant payment system. But if it’s not ready yet, that’s okay too, it will come eventually…and maybe will differ a little than originally talked about.

Game changer no matter if now or 2 months from now.

5 Likes

cool insight! thanks man!

1 Like

Glad it helps! I cant wait to get more details!

1 Like

WARNING: This post is highly speculative and for entertainment purposes only…

Here we go: I believe fork will happen at blockheight 600k (just pulled that number from my lower back area). Well, it’s more like an educated guess… Why? Because we all love rounded numbers :heart_eyes: :grin:

(600k - 586.7k) / (30x24) = ~ 18 + days

We need everyone running nodes (including exchanges) to update and then (forced) resync the entire current blockchain.

My node is ready to update within hours (complete resync takes like 24+ hours)
(btw we are at blockheight 586751 right now, one block every 2 minutes, 30 per hour etc)

9 Likes

And to elaborate at 1:00:00 mark Dino mentions that if exchanges have the ETN API, it allows users from the App to potentially buy ETN through the App but with everything happening on the exchanges backend! This could easily allow a ‘in-app’ purchase feature :grin:

10 Likes

Forget everything he says - look who’s comment is in the background @Plankton_ETN :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Its all about to go nuts. That is all. Enjoy the ride.

5 Likes