The ETN Fomosapien Rocket To Mars’ Moons Club. Vol2; It’s all about the Gig

Thats not how it works… You dont just multiply. What you did now is increased block reward.

1 Like

Right, that should be cleared by the team and not dig it out, but well how much is monthly reword for each NGO-s then :question:

1 Like

Last block
2019-08-22_11h01_48
so according to this block reward an average time of 2 min.1.241.280 ETN is mined every day. Witch is 4.716,8$ every day for miners. This is with price 0,0038$

3 Likes

They get reward every day and we have gone down to a total of around 1.3M coins per day, which when you X current price equates to IRO $4K per day.

1 Like

You must also understand that they must pay for electricity that was used. And they need some revenue to cover the expenses.

2 Likes

That means roughly 4.7X30=141k, so 141k is possibly dumped into exchanges each month right :question:

Yes if all miners are marked selling ETN.

1 Like

The miners have been supplied by Electroneum and not on Ubuntu premises, so I am unsure if there will be an electricity cost for the NGO? Unless this is somehow contra maybe?

1 Like

I do understand that there is the cost to meet but also I understand that this action lowers the value of ETN at the moment :question:

Now we are surprised that the people out there calling us charity coin :thinking:

2 Likes

Its FREE money. That’s the reason these NGOs are interested. There’s nothing to buy with etn currently so they want fiat. None of our business what it’s used for. They don’t owe us a receipt. Maybe some contractual stuff but none of us will know the ins and outs.

1 Like

If i remember correctly there was said that Electroneum payed for miner and NGOs must maintain the network??

1 Like

Possibly? All I know is she had no idea where the equipment was as Electroneum sorted it all. Sounds like the team are handling everything and making it as easy as possible for the NGO’s to benefit

2 Likes

It’s better than when a much larger amount was going to ASIC miners though isn’t it? Your cup is always half empty…

Yes would be great if actual ETN was paid to people in SA, but they obviously aren’t ready to do that yet, hopefully that will change.

12 Likes

From FAQ
Q: Five million ETN or about $22,500 at the then valuation was paid out daily before. How much is being paid out now?

A: Because the block rewards have been reduced by a whopping 75% creating scarcity which is a good thing to extend longevity, currently just over 1.2 million ETN or about $5,300 is being paid out in block rewards.

Q: Can we see who is mining and how much they are mining?

A: The block rewards will still be visible on the blockchain explorer and those with sufficient technical knowledge will be able to see the different miners signing blocks with different mining keys. But Electroneum is not forcing the NGOs to reveal their identities because they are still going through a learning curve and when they understand crypto and experience the benefits first-hand, they will more than likely reveal themselves.

Q: Where are their mining rigs stored?

A: We have suggested that mining rigs be run in the cloud to ensure uptime; however, ultimately, it is up to the NGOs themselves decide where their equipment is hosted. It is essential to point out that we have reduced energy and hash rates by a millionfold as such a standard rack-mounted server that you would find in any business today is sufficient to run an Electroneum mining node.

Q: Who setup their mining rigs?

A: At this stage, all mining rigs have been set up by the Electroneum team as this is the first foray for NGOs into the cryptocurrency mining space.

Q: Who is managing their mining rigs?

A: The mining rigs are self-sufficient and need very little if any, technical support, however, a moderator layer monitors the new Moderated Blockchain to ensure the mining rigs are online and benefit the network. If we were to detect a mining rig going offline, we would inform the NGO and provide assistance where required.

Q: How will NGOs use their ETN (from mining blocks)?

A: The NGOs, initially, almost certainly convert the ETN to USD or other currencies because they have always used fiat to deliver their donations and assistance because that is what they are used to doing. Once they see the benefits and value of ETN they may start using it on the ground to amongst the people they help. We have deliberately targeted NGOs that are in regions that were we are imminent to enable airtime top-ups directly with ETN from within the Electroneum mobile app.

13 Likes

I do agree with that is a way better, then again the truth is we would not survive much longer if not latest fork and reduction of reward but still we are weak, are we not :question:

For me the etn price at this point its a gift.
I buy every month @200$ worth of etn.
What Richard has done its a nice marketing job and I believe that brainstorming this took a while.
ETN wants more people and credibility but they cant acquire this beeing crypto. So they pull up the NGOs trick.
An NGO usually influences more ppl than you think. If they help @ 500 poor people per NGO every month in time that people influence others: family, friends…
As time goes by that NGO gets credibility with a lot of ppl.
Once the NGOs trust ETN they recommended it to their ppl as a trusted party and thus a “transfer of authority” occurs.
Would you trust someone who feeds your children?
In essence, all the etn that are created now are used to acquire more ppl = marketing.
“We are in user acquisition mode” Richard Ells.
At one point in time and space…maybe one month after the Gig Economy launch, maybe later the ETN value will come to a Stop, and I mean real value backed by people work and skills, not the price you see manipulated every day.
After that, the etn value will start to slowly increase: Yes you might see +200% in one day but don’t get overwhelmed by emotions couse the number of users didn’t double in 1 day it will be just people being people and doing crazy stuff with their money. In 10 days in December 2017, the price moved from 0.004$ to 0.12$ just because…basically nothing.
Right now all the money you spend on etn is marketing money.
That’s why I happily spend what I afford every month.

16 Likes

We will survive until the team run out of funding. Which ain’t any time soon.

There are certain things we can’t control.

The team have a road map which isn’t in full-swing as of yet, so it’s hard to judge - especially so as we are not privy to the same info as the team. It will all soon become evident as things roll out.

Currently, this is all new for everyone involved so great care is being taken with every single step.

As a community we sometimes react to every minute detail of info, or worse, speculation, and get carried away - both positively or negatively.

Think we need to just trust the team are on it and all will be well.

2 Likes

Good post.

The board members of these NGOs are also often influential and wealthy.

It’s all about authority and trust.

And when these NGOs start seeing the money come in each month they will start to feel more comfortable and see the real value.

2 Likes

Loving that crytpo is being talked about in trashy UK newspapers.

1 Like

Ok all, I am from the USA as most of you know and Coinbase is being stupid. Where else can I buy Bitcoin with a debit card to get me some ETN? AND GO

1 Like