The ETN Fomosapien Rocket To Mars’ Moons Club. Vol2; It’s all about the Gig

I know where you coming from, but as you observe previous approach and progress then you know that there is one thing to announce something and other is to accomplish it, meaning it does not necessarily have to be 20 countries this year, so as you see they still have all the time in the world :wink:

1 Like

It would make sense to launch more mvnos before the gig site. Etn will want mnvo users out there before gig is released. Otherwise a lot of people wont use gig because there would be no reason to gain etn, there has to be a reason for the gig users to get etn eg tops and the buy into the etn ecosystem within their countries.

13 Likes

Corporations like dates like the first in the month… So i feel that the 1-2 of August will be special fore us that follows this project…

7 Likes

When ETN comes with the next big news…i think it will be like this…

5 Likes

The president / CEO of Grameen Foundation (global NGO) recently liked Chris Gormans report on “Pathway from Poverty to Prosperity”.

Looks like ETN is starting to get the recognition it deserves!

13 Likes

That would be a organisation with a perfect match with ETN

2 Likes

Grameen Foundation is a global nonprofit that empowers the poor, especially women, to end poverty and hunger.

Wonder if that’s why etn tweeted about woman using crypto today!?!?!?

14 Likes

Someone must have lost the link to the tumbleweed gif

4 Likes

Well They did just post a job title for project manager or something like that. For each country going live they are placing someone in charge of that area. They will be resposible for local boots on the ground marketing team to recruit vendors and users ect similar to what they’ve done in SA. I’d find the link for you for the full job description, but it shouldn’t be that hard to find if you want to look for it.

So they are hiring peope to help develop local use cases beyond just the mobile partner’s airtime and data packages.

7 Likes

I bet some of the NGOs can also aid in helping local business community look into and possibly adopt ETN as a payment option.

The NGO will eventually have experience in all areas of use of ETN…earning, accepting, converting to fiat, spending.

They can show other businesses and organizations what’s what, and not just be talking conceptually, but with real world use case experiences.

Utilities can look at the numbers maybe and conclude accepting ETN would work. Or a 3rd party provider may make a business out of accepting ETN for bill payment, then paying the bills with converted fiat. Like what coins.ph does with bitcoin…or many of the crypto payment platforms out there.

Not one of them actually pay the merchant in crypto, they just convert it to fiat then send that payment to them, while deducting the crypto equivalent from your account.

Maybe Pundi X is the exception. But I’m not even sure they pay directly in their crypto to the merchant. I’d have to refresh what’s what with them.

6 Likes

Haha @Magic on another note

7 Likes

And the prelude to yours Magic

https://youtu.be/n5z2_fggZlI

4 Likes
4 Likes

Would be nice if some one from the ETN team could help me clarify what ETN is ind how we are doing… i am sometimes lost in translation :slight_smile:

7 Likes

It’s ok, English is my native language and I’m lost reading through it as well.

I agree that it would be nice to know what this means for ETN, if anything.

I notice they weren’t listed under Annex 1, “non-confidential respondents” to their survey. Certainly doesn’t mean that they weren’t involved, they were in the past, just remaining confidential.

7 Likes

Nice article this. Sorry if its already been posted

Great to see Beth Honigs (Ubuntu) response to everyone in our community has donated! She was overwhelmed :blush:

16 Likes

Ok that’s a better angle. Just woke up, saw that post and said to myself, ‘‘what is this fluff?’’ After a coffee I realise, they don’t tend to make fluffy polls, and there must be an angle to it.

What gives with all the etn and xrp posts…

:thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:

5 Likes

Imagine they somehow partner… Hm… Food :smiley:

4 Likes

As much as I would like today’s poll to be about Grameen Foundation, it is more likely referring to a report published by bitpanda titled “diversity among crypto holders increasing, 1 in 5 are female”.

(A cointelegraph article was written about the bitpanda report and appeared on my twitter feed not long after electroneum post :pensive:). I do hope I’m wrong though…

3 Likes