Diamond Hands 2024

Update…

4 Likes

I wonder how this upgrade will affect the coins on cryptopia…how can they send the coins back after the upgrade…in so many ways I loathe crypto. there are just so many things that can go wrong. I hope this upgrade is smooth but something tells me it won’t be for many people who are not paying attention to what is going on…

2 Likes

Its been a while I posted. Anyone else having problems logging in in the app, I can’t over FB, it says devs are aware. I guess its because of the upcoming update?

Btw, my coins are safe in the app wallet, no need to do anything?

1 Like

I logged on ok today…

1 Like

One week to go - I hope we see some nice price action before the launch and then a continuation of it after launch. ETN has been undervalued for far too long.

If they can’t get on the big exchanges soon though I think it will create big problems.

4 Likes

I understood that we dont need to do anything if coins are on the papers wallets? Is it correct?
I am on long vacations now… I hope they do not announce anything that have to be done immediatelly.

3 Likes

Coins are good on the ETN app is my understanding!!

7 Likes

Good morming all…

If you hold coins on the etn online wallet or app, there is nothing to do the migration will be automatically done for you :zap::+1::zap:

Have a tremendous Tuesday :clap:

7 Likes

No rush to bridge coins to the new chain.

As Plank said, if you hold in the Electroneum Online/Mobile app, it will all be done for you automatically. One day you will have ETN on the old chain, the next you will have the same amount of coins on the new smart chain.

ETN held on a Paper Wallet will sit there for as long as you want until you are ready to bridge them yourselves. To do this, you take control of the paper wallet using 5.0.0.3+ CLI and when you do, it will automatically send the coins to the bridge and you will be able to log into the new chain via something like metamask; using the private key from your paper wallet to take control of the coins on the smart chain.

Instructions/videos etc will come for launch. There is already a Developer Resource site drafted that has been found and is making the rounds which i’m sure the team will push once its finished.

8 Likes

Perfect timing for the release of the new block chain. I personally want this on coinbase so bad I can feel it’s coming. Buckle up we are in for a ride IMO. ETN has been quietly perfecting this block chain and we are gaining traction. Can’t wait for all the new announcements and hopefully plenty of exchanges. Onward and upward. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

5 Likes

Always good to know security is of the highest standard when it comes to ETN :innocent:

7 Likes

Planned maintenance

4 Likes

That was a very sudden announcement - so people who want to remove their coins from kucoin are still ok to do so with the app not available?

3 Likes

Hopefully be down long. Wouldn’t worry.

Putting that aside…sending coins to an address is not effected by the electroneum website/app being up or down Mulder.

It’s sent on the blockchain remember… the Electroneum Online/Mobile wallet is just interacting with the blockchain and would show the deposit when it next refreshes.

6 Likes

Yeah that is good the blockchain is still active but right now I have serious concerns to be honest. It doesn’t look like Kucoin is relisting the new blockchain yet and anyone with coins left there might end up losing them because they aren’t paying attention to what is going on. There is only one active exchange in HTX and there is super low liquidity on that exchange right now, and deposits and withdrawals are still down after months. There haven’t been any announcements of new exchanges yet. The project is extreme high risk right now. I am stepping out of it now until things stabilize. There is just so much dodginess to all things crypto. Too many things can go wrong and there is no protection for holders. I can’t move my coins out of HTX and who knows what that exchange is going to do as there have been no announcements. I am getting very tired of this now. I still think ETN is a legit project but market forces can’t be controlled so its still extremely risky at this particular point more than ever before. What happens when HTX goes into maintenance mode for god knows how long and there is no where to trade ETN and zero liquidity out there… ETN needs to address these issues and quickly.

6 Likes

just test witdraw on huobi/htx
its work again

2 Likes

Yup, can confirm HTX is up amd running

Deposits and withdrawals

1 Like

Hi Mulder, regarding exchanges… There will obviously be a period of uncertainty as we migrate from one blockchain to a whole new one. That’s inevitable when doing something this huge. Not an easy decision but a good one by Rich and the developers. The project needed to move on and embrace some of the many technologies and features out there rather than trying to adapt the existing blockchain which was written for a different use case.

Some exchanges will delist the old chain and list the new token after launch, some will just rewrite their node to work with the new chain and some will delist and expect the team to apply for a new listing after launch, treating it like a new coin. Only the exchanges will know what they are doing and if/when they will announce it.

Of course, that’s just talking about the few existing exchanges on the old blockchain, along side that the team are applying for listings on new exchanges for the smart chain. We wont hear anything on successful applications before the chain is actually launched. Due to the smart chain being EVM compatible, there is also the opportunity for decentralised exchanges (DEX’s) down the line to swap between chains as well.

Regarding your specific point on Kucoin… Just like any project being delisted, if anyone is leaving their crypto on an exchange, ignoring all emails and social posts from the exchange for months and months, then yes, they unfortunately will join a long list of crypto users who pay a heavy price for their mistake. That’s nothing unique to this bridging event and one of many reasons why people should never use exchanges as a storage for crypto.

Regarding HTX, not sure why you cant withdraw. Just send your coins to a paper wallet, wait for launch and when you are ready; follow the guides and bridge to the new smart chain.

Getting really close now, very exciting. :+1:

6 Likes

They must have just re enabled the deposits and withdrawals - its been down for months. Too late for me anyway - I am done with it.

Its not exciting anymore - every other chain has done things like this to try to improve its position but it doesn’t lead anywhere. My faith is used up after 7 years. Anything can happen with crypto -its just too risky an investment and after 7 years its obvious that nothing will ever be adopted. Its just wishful thinking.
When SXP took over swipe the company had a swap portal open for a year - anyone who didn’t see the change lost their coins with no recourse. Oh well they should have been paying attention … crypto is not solid - the blockchains are updated and changed its as volatile as anything else out there.
Exchanges run things who gets to be listed can be successful those others oh well too bad… its inherently corrupt.

I do wish everyone good luck but this isn’t something I want to be a part of anymore.

3 Likes