Cryptopia shut down news thread

A petition has been started asking for the release of all crypto as it does not belong to the exchange.

It may come to nothing but signing it may help in the long run or to at least get attention.

This was on telegram.

The actual best things to do: Contact Grant Thornton liquidators in nz, declare yourself as a cryptopia user, give full name and contact details, account details, total estimate of your coins. Then contact Canterbury legal and ask to be added to any class action against cryptopia

Their email…

liquidation@cryptopia.co.nz

(Hope this helps )

if you have any information put it here for others to see. No point having multiple threads Thanks

I hope you all receive your crypto back as this is :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth: well its :poop:

:chipmunk::chipmunk::chipmunk:

Good luck to you all.

:pensive::pensive::chipmunk:

5 Likes

The email liquidation@cryptopia.co.nz is for who exactly??? I’ve emailed it and the bottom of the automated response has…

“C 2018 Grant Thornton New Zealand Ltd/Grant Thornton New Zealand Audit Partnership. All rights reserved.”

Would Grant Thornton us a @cryptopia.co.nz email address, seems odd.

They are in control of the company . Including email address so it makes sense to send it to cryptopia rather than the liquidation company.

Also that is the one they give out on their site
See picture.

:+1::sunglasses::thinking:

1 Like

Thanks for the info that puts my mind at ease.

1 Like

No problems at all

:+1::+1::+1::chipmunk::chipmunk::chipmunk::chipmunk:

1 Like

Someone is buying cryptopia!

Electra Foundation received mail from TheCollectiveGo. Their plan to buy Cryptopia is unfolding and they need as much support as possible.

#Verge and #Electra already joined.

Will #Daps, #DigiByte, #Electroneum, #litecoin and all the other projects at cryptopia join forces too?

2 Likes

8 April 2020 Justice Gendall delivered his judgement, Finding firstly cryptocurrencies are “property” within the definition outlined in s2 of the Companies Act 1993 and secondly that account holders cryptocurrency were held on multiple trusts, separated by individual crypto-asset type. This means that the cryptocurrencies are beneficially owned by the account holders and are not assets of the company.

3 Likes

looks like another 6 months to a year at least to get coins back

2 Likes

Thank-You for sharing…

Shared aswell.

1 Like

https://www.grantthornton.co.nz/cryptopia-limited/ there is an update due this month from the cryptopia hack that saga is really dragging on

Just got an email from the liquidator for cryptopia asking me to complete and ID check on the claims portal, which I have done. Once they get everyone’s ID checked they will contact us again to lodge the claim for lost assets. It’s really taking a long time…

4 Likes

Hey striker long time no see hope all is well.

Its good to see cryptopia is starting the process…

2 Likes

I seem to remember registering for the Claims Portal and having to answer questions about what funds I held in Cryptopia. Is this the same thing, or is this the next step?

2 Likes

This is the next step. I received this email back in October though.

3 Likes