Cryptopia hack - ETN

The simple reason is this: the hack occurred on Craptopia, not Electroneum. Electroneum have spent MILLIONS in securing their online wallet. Craptopia probably spent zero. Your saying electroneum should go out of its way to explain why it will not do a coin swap because craptopia can’t keep their own exchange secure? Are you seriously kidding me?

2 Likes

I of course feel sorry for those, that got their founds locked in Cryptopia.

I didn’t men to be disrespectful to anyone.
But I relay think ETN team cant do nothing about it.
It is Cryptopia mes to deal with.

1 Like

No doubt that it is cryptopia´s responsibility to keep their users safe and inform them about the breach, but as this exchange is one of the major grounds where ETNs are traded, it would be just a nice move if you would state, besides the reminder of the warnings you have given about exchanges, that you are in contact with them and will provide the users with a statement once you get one from cryptopia

Just to show some support to those who fear to have lost all their ETNs. I am quite sure that the company behind ETN has much more attention from the cryptopia staff than the common user.
Even if you do not get any more info than a user, it would be a nice move to show that you are caring for your user´s funds anywhere else outside the official wallet.
The statements so far are basically correct, but they are not what I would expect from a company that boasts of being driven by a huge community.

2 Likes

I find her responses perfectly acceptable. I don’t expect anyone from electroneum to help. Why the hell should they?

What type of ‘softer’ tone are you looking for? Do you want the electroneum team to massage everyone’s backs who lost their ETN in craptopia? Are you looking for an endless apology from the team?

Why don’t you direct your frustration at craptopia instead of electroneum. It was craptopia that got themselves hacked… Remember?

2 Likes

An official statement isn’t going to get peoples ETN back. Or do you think it will?

2 Likes

Some of the people that are asking electroneum to do something or say something are being absolutely ridiculous. I get that people are worried about their ETN, but a statement by Richard or any statement is not going to fix Cryptopias problem or get them their coins back.

And remember, that is ultimately all that matters and no action by electroneum is going to fix this.

Now, let’s all relax and direct your frustration at Cryptopia not Electroneum.

6 Likes

There are some here that seem to think electroneum’s answer here to direct their questions to Cryptopia is not polite enough. I think it is more that they are delivering an answer that people don’t want to hear. The official word from cryptopia is limited due to the police investigation. It is highly doubtful that the ETN team will get any more complete of an answer from cryptopia than anyone else. The time spent chasing a non answer that will be impossible to confirm just does not make sense.
Speaking of rude. The advice consistently from all of crypto including the ETN team has been very consistent. Storing coins on an exchange is a bad idea. You are seeing why now. Additionally a proportion of those who still insist on storing their coins on the exchanges are doing so to circumvent the KYC process. So to my ears at least this is someone telling you they won’t follow your advice or your rules but demanding you fix their problem once that action bites them in the behind.
I still have sympathy for people who got in that bind, but not much. I hope you all regain access to your funds. From what I am hearing there is a chance you will. The hack seems to have largely affected coins on the etherium chain.
You can’t know for sure no matter what cryptopia says until after they reopen and you can confirm for yourself. I for one am happy that the ETN team is not putting themselves in the position to vouch for cryptopia in this circumstance.
Best of luck to those going through this period of uncertainty.

5 Likes

WTF are you even talking about Mr Random name. Who said anything of the sorts. Re-read what i said and change your damn tone next time. How dare ypu come at me all guns blazing when you cant even be bothered to read what has been said.

1 Like

Wow, literally every single post you just made is complete garbage, massively missunderstood literally everything that i said. Never met someone who is so bad at interperating things, have now!

1 Like
1 Like

You clearly haven’t read what I’ve said. Your asking electroneum to waste their valuable time giving a reason on why they won’t do a token swap and I responded - why the hell should they?!

Now quit getting your knickers in a twist, stop crying like a baby and man up.

1 Like

Clearly you lack any sort of intelligence as well as being a cry baby if your struggling to grasp what I’m saying to you.

Maybe get your hands on a few ABC books and start from there.

1 Like