Cryptopia hack - ETN

While i completely understand that what you are saying is 100% bang on correct, a bit more explanation as to the reasons WHY would be more advantageous to Electroneum by making people who potentially have lost a LOT of money in the Cryptopia thing, understand why a “token swap” isn’t possible. Intead of just saying you wont reimburse losses and you have no access to ETN Cryptopia Wallets.
People will feel less offended by a technical explanation instead of a brick wall answer.

3 Likes

thats why on ETN website under “How to buy ETN”
there is a disclaimer
" Please note that these exchanges are independent and not affiliated in any way with Electroneum Ltd."

3 Likes

OUCH… pinched a nerve.

For sure holders, i agree, but for us traders, what would you advise? I mean, You guys apply to these exchanges and get listed, so we assume they are safe.

As user70 said above, we are not affiliated with these exchanges, so we are not responsible for the ETN on the exchanges.

2 Likes

maybe do a security check before applying so your users are protected.

We can be added to exchanges without applying for them. As I said above, you are responsible for your ETN on an exchange.

2 Likes

you can still do a security check even if u apply or not.

We are not responsible for the exchanges. Users are advised not to keep their ETN on an exchange. You use an exchange at your own risk.

2 Likes

Sheeeeez!!! Dissappointed by sheer lack of Empathy in all of this. I lost nothing in the Cryptopia Hack but i know the likelyhood is that others are not going to be in the same position.

At the very least i expect a softer tone in response to concerned peoples questions. If you lack the ability to answer the questions in a manner that is informative yet professional… don’t answer them at all.

@ETNCEO

4 Likes

I have to say, I’m on the side of people have been well warned regards holding funds on exchanges. Sometimes though, the response from the Electroneum support is robotic and lacks compassion. I think it would be better to escalate this for someone to take a look at and make and official statement. I don’t think Electroneum is in anyway liable for people’s funds or their failure to protect themselves. I just don’t like the way when it comes to issues like these and others you basically get this kind of strange dictatorship type response of this is our official narrative on this subject and that’s final.

I didn’t lose anything, because I’m in and out on exchanges. Exchanges have a long history of being a very bad place to hold funds. I don’t know, not trying to have a dig, just being constructive!

1 Like

I understand it’s frustrating to not know the status of your funds, and I apologise that I cannot offer more information, but the best place to find information about this will be Cryptopia.

4 Likes

Official statement from @ETNCEO will somehow lighten the mood for those affected. Care for the community…

What would you like that ETN team substitute your lost ETN???
Like they said they are not responsible for YOUR safe keeping of ETN.
And why you don’t write to Cryptopia and ask for explanation??
Every exchange is safe till it is hacked. It happened to bigger exchanges before.

What can ETN CEO say; We are sorry for your loses but we cant do nothing about it??
Would you like this answer??

And we don’t even Know if it is lost.

Are you a member of the ETN TeaM???
Im sure, if you are a member then that will be your statements. Wait till you become Professor.
Whatever ETN Team want to say, will do.

No I am not member of team and not connected with them in any way. Just my thoughts on the matter.

1 Like

Then somehow be sensitive to others before delivering those kind of statements you made earlier. Its as if your extra special/ superior than the rest of ETN holders of the community especially those affected.

I am from the team, and given a statement. I’m sorry you can not access Cryptopia and check on your ETN, but we are not Cryptopia so we cannot comment on this.

2 Likes

The hackers stole mothership tokens, which is why they they are doing what they are doing. No one has stolen any etn, so why should electroneum follow the same example?

This is NOTHING to do with ETN, this is a lesson ETN holders have to learn: to be more responsible and fully accountable for the coins YOU hold and own. No one else is responsible for the risk you take, least of all Electroneum.

2 Likes