Cryptopia being liquidated

the liquidators are hilarious and the state of that company was also hilarious it seems. One day far in the future we may get our money back. I wonder if they will end up charging the company directors . Crazy to think how many years it might take to get our coins back. Seems that the way the company was run has made it really hard to figure it all out.

3 Likes

Latest update from the liquidators

Account holders will have to register a claim & complete KYC

2 Likes

November update

1 Like

slowly getting thereā€¦ lots of etn on that exchange maybe get trading going again in bigger volumes

The good news is that that 20,000 ETN can now be bought back for just $85

2 Likes

Heads up, There is an Email going around that looks like itā€™s the registration for cryptopia claims.

DO NOT OPEN IT.

As of this time the liquidator has not made any announcements, it is most likely a scam.

Be aware that account holders data has been obtained and is out in the wilds thanks to a gaff by the court/liquidator and the shady actions of the organization mentioned in the last update from the liquidator.

***Update: the Liquidator has finally confirmed the emails are from them.

2 Likes

Cryptopia Limited | Grant Thornton New Zealand

here is the link to the correct web site in nz

The liquidators have launch the portal for claiming coins on Cryptopia. Its a fiasco. I have been living in nz for the last few years so I have seen first hand how useless people are here at anything technology related. So i created my new account on the portal with a new password. You have to remember your user name, which i didnā€™t but managed to figure it out from an old email. You canā€™t sign up for a new account unless you know your old username. Then after i created the account i have to prove myself by providing transaction information. There are a bunch of options to select from actually but none of them worked for me and after a few attempts my account was locked. Then i had to go to another website to raise a ticket and that website for some reason accepted my old cryptopia password. when i logged in and clicked submit a request the webpage was broken and there was no actual submit button to submit the request. I never saw anything so stupid in my life. I am done with it - they can keep the coins at this point. My sanity isnā€™t worth it.

If you use any transactional tracking such as CoinTracker or Koinly, thatā€™s also a good source of answers to their questions. I found I also had emails for all my Cryptopia withdrawals, which helped a lot.

On one hand itā€™s reassuring that there is a verification process and its complexity could be justified. On the other hand, itā€™s hard to tell how secure it really is, not knowing what data they have lost in the past. There is also the chance that they prefer this being a complex process, as it trips people up and reduces claims.

A good read before using the portal, so your prepared for the process. Should be noted: You will need to setup an Authenticator.

There is a time out function built into the site so have your information ready. Itā€™s not overly short but a few minutes too many will end the session, some people have been reportedly locked out.

Keep in mind these are only preliminary steps, KYC will be many times more intense, comparable to Electroneumā€™s level 1 thru 3 if not more so.

Once completed you will get a confirmation page, if you donā€™t, you havenā€™t finished. I canā€™t Emphasize enough to save/print a copy for your records.

1 Like

I failed the login, it asks me to send mail back with me personal data and they replied in mail to me they first use the portal this December and they gonna review the identity process in January and thats all we know.

I think its a fiasco. My guess is most of the coins will never be claimed or it will take years to get back what you own, if you can at all. I donā€™t have any old emails - its not going to be easy to prove anything and you have to wonder if its worth the effort. I guess if you have thousands tied up it is. So many projects that were listed on that exchange are dead now too.

I have similar problems - I can answer the details about when I first joined Cryptopia, I have the original email from that still - but my exact balance I canā€™t tell beyond the nearest 1000 ETN, and my last withdrawal I donā€™t have the transaction ID from. I was hoping to get it from my Electroneum account login, but that has been pending level 3 validation for ages, and I canā€™t see anything on itā€¦

My sister (who has about a million ETN locked up in Cryptopia :frowning: has it harder, she never made any withdrawals and only did one deposit, which she may have difficulty in finding the transaction ID forā€¦ :frowning:

yeah thatā€™s brutal. I went back on the zendesk portal and the submit button was active again so i logged a job to unlock my account. Not sure i can input any information though so who knows if i can get back the coins. Sending in photo id should be enough - 2fa was never compromised so people should still be able to use that to log onto their accounts to get the coins back. over 100 million usd on that exchange - who will get it backā€¦

I donā€™t think I am going to bother. I only had an asset on there that isnt worth much anymore. Not worth the trouble going through KYC to get $20 worth of something I have little hope for in the future

1 Like

New update from the liquidator

I finally got an email today saying my account is now approved for the next stage. I had to open a support ticket and its been 2-3 months. The instruction now is nothing to do but wait while they figure out how they are going to send back coins. I guess at least they are finally getting the support tickets clearedā€¦I failed the initial account process as i didnā€™t have the information and sent in my photo id and a few emails that i did have and that turned out to be enough .

4 Likes

New update from the liquidator.

1 Like

Geeez I wonder if they will ever give the coins back haha How can it possibly take this long . If I am lucky my coins will be worth tons by the time i get them back haha

Most people that got finagled by the Mt Gox hack still havenā€™t got their BTC from thatā€¦and that was in June 2011. Itā€™s been almost 10 years. In comparison, Iā€™d say the Cryptopia situation is being handled much better, lol