Cryptopia being liquidated

I had a feeling that was going to happen. The lack of information coming from them was telling. I was lucky to sell my etn and get the money out through btc in the brief window that was open but i lost my ark coins.

1 Like

Can’t believe this, I bought some ETN 2 days before the hack!! I really thought it would be ok. Going into liquidation basically means they could not afford the loss, and that they have no funds???

1 Like

Ive just heard …

I hope anyone who had coins on there managed to sell them and withdraw…

:pensive::chipmunk::pensive:

This is awful news. I was patiently waiting for all the wallets to reopen. Wish I had of traded everything for btc and and walked away with at least something

2 Likes

Luckily, I transferred nearly all of my ETN off a couple weeks before the hack, but still lost 20k ETN, a bunch of Monero and a number of small positions across other coins. Friends of mine have lost massive stacks of ETN. The only positive from this is that there is now a little less in circulation.

1 Like

Wtf… lost a litle of my ETN… hoped for reopen…

1 Like

Also losing a fair amount. But let’s see what happens… worst bit is it’s going to take months. :frowning:

1 Like

Ghee that hits me very hard, money I could not afford to lose!!!

2 Likes

Hey guys :slight_smile: First time posting here and I’m just giving my opinion regarding this “Cryptopia Move”. I admit that I’m a bit worried right know. I’ve been reading like crazy this past few hours, about this subject and I came to a conclusion that Liquidation is a lose way for us traders and holders of the coin. None the less, I’ve been following announcement mostly over twitter from other communities and found out this twitt: robert
This coin-project and their board members are preparing legal actions against Cryptopia and its liquidator Grant Thornton.
I was hoping Electroneum #ETN is considering to do the same thing? I don’t know how much etn cryptopia holds, but It would be nice to see some support from @electroneum regarding this issue. Have a great day and let’s hope for the best. See you around guys, bye bye :smile:

5 Likes

Yes, I hope so, new to this game, Cryptopia was the only exchange promoted by the ETN team, believe in ETN team, so I believed in Cryptopia! I lost a lot of money (for me) Nobody’s fault, not blaming anyone, but if the ETN team can help us here, like they did in the beginning? As individuals we cannot fight them!!! Please team ETN!

5 Likes

Can you bring this to the team @Rach. ?

2 Likes
1 Like

NZ Government website on official Cryptopia business dealings and shareholders.

According to the documents it appears they signed the business over when they went down for “Don’t panic, maintenance”.

https://app.companiesoffice.govt.nz/companies/app/ui/pages/companies/5392901?backurl=H4sIAAAAAAAAAEWLQQrCQAwAf7PX6sFjEBH0YA%2BC%2FUDYpLrQ3axJquzvrVjwNjMwXcU7WxclVyxpIWPU%2BNg%2F4aitutSEgYsnb0OrbHDo%2B9Vvjj7bWWWuv5xKFK0nlQwrDwIBiZTN%2FvcaLtzeogTBHNVhE6aUk8N2F2xcIn3PF5bIdMXCE4w4GYcsxLAchVDpA7OmDA68AAAA

Yes, thanks I know, was just hopelessly angry!! Tomorrow the sun will shine again :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Please…ETN team help… there was near 400M etn in cryptopia… #richard please stand for us … ETN wasnt hacked … cryptopia said '‘coin 100% secured,we are creating new hot wallets’'and set all people mind that they open it again! What cryptopia doing now is wrong…they never reply to support… we need ETN team support to take legal actions like ‘‘electra foundation doing’’

Thanks

7 Likes

Yes etn should join them and work together!!!

3 Likes

Dear Electroneum, I know it has been our own fault, we have kept our ETN on an exchange. But we as victims would appreciate it if you could do something for us hodlers and ETN supporters (since ICO). Like Electracoin, they have a special fund which helps victims to start legal action. On behalf of all ETN victims, I know for sure there will be support, also in a certain contribution to support this step. Everything that you can possibly do will help. Thank you!

6 Likes

Possible buyout?