Cryptopia being liquidated

i don’t know if they do or not - its very fast to get coins in and out so maybe not the same cold storage setup.

1 Like

Yeah to take coins out of liquid takes 24 hours.

Cryptopia is under liquidation therefore its down to that local government to sort it out not richard or etn.

There is an email address to contact grant Thornton who is in control of the liquidation on this thread .

Please can we stop attacking the electroneum team who have absolutely zero power to do anything .

Updates are part of the evolution of etn we grow stronger with each and every update. It is up to the exchanges to integrate these updates in the system so that too is out of electroneum’s hands.

This was our first exchange so yeah they will promote it the same as huobi etc…

Please be civil as anger directed towards the team will get you nowhere. We are all frustrated by the cryptopia liquidation but it is out of all our hands.

So please see the topic i have posted use the information and contact them and sign the petition.

Plankton.

:+1::chipmunk::chipmunk:

6 Likes

I’m not sure if it will make a difference.
etn wasn’t taken, so can be sold off now.

That’s quite true but I hope its not the case. I know there are petitions and all sorts going on so I only hope something positive comes of it. I wonder whether Cryptopia intentionally enabled deposits knowing there’d be more in the pot when it came time to liquidate. Apparently there was 170 million ETN in sell orders on May 13 and someone suggested there could have been around 400 million ETN locked up in Cryptopia’s wallets. I’ll guess we’ll just have to wait and see how this mess unravels in the coming months, if not years.

1 Like

Coin Burn now you have it.

WE dont say its electroneum team fault … we never say that … but cryptopia is trying to scam non-hacked coins the real process must be to release non-hacked coins and then go for the liquidation…cryptopia lied that they creating new hot wallets…

Thats why even ‘‘ELECTRA foundation’’ taking legal actions for their community. we are here since ICO … we need Electroneum CEO help. please dont say now that dont keep coins on exchanges… WE need the team support … Electra team would like if Some electroneum team member contact them… evern ''Token pay giving the 100% support…please #Richard Help the ETN community

2 Likes

The whole situation sucks and I agree that the biggest problem here was the fact they reopened deposits for only BTC and LTC with what now seems like the criminal intention of a money grab before closing shop.

I took a chance just the other day and sent 1 LTC to purchase a coin that was severly underpriced on their exchange (not ETN) knowing full well I may never get that money back. The next day all this happened.

Does it make me mad? Yeah. Does it suck? Yeah. Is it the fault of any project outside of Cryptopia, no. All we can do now is see what the next move is from the liquidators and authorities.

The way this closing was handled was even more suspicious than the “hack” and “re-opening” of the exchange without any meaningful explaination itself. The perception by itself warrants that the exchange be brought back up with a limited window for victims to withdraw their coins.

If all this wasn’t a big red scam alert flag, I don’t know what is and they have a nice big ckass action coming if they do not reverse course…not that I think that would help. The whole situation sucks.

3 Likes

We have constantly reminded users not to keep their ETN on exchanges. I understand the frustration but Cryptopia are going into liquidation so we cannot stop this. You need to speak to Cryptopia about this; not ETN. I’m sorry you’re experiencing this but you need to speak to Cryptopia.

8 Likes

Guys have someone get reply from this mail liquidation@cryptopia.co.nz ? i msg them yesterday and zero answer.

And maybe someone know about similar situation in past?I mean when some exchange was close… there was something like that in the past? If so, how it ended?

Harly Zappino | Lawyer at Agile Legal Consulting

I don’t know about you guys, but I’m gonna write to this firm. In the end it would be better to spend my coins paying out lawyers than cryptopia stealing them from me!

2 Likes

I have message them, but for sure they have big spam on mailbox, btw they wrote “Grant Thornton will be contacting all customers and suppliers about its appointment in the next few days.” so we will see.

I just can be angry on myself, after reopen i wanna withdraw coins in 2 min but i couldnt so i was waiting when i could do it but it never happen. Now i know that i should transfer my coin to BTC or other and transfer it on other exchange, but i was ETN lover (never sell), and now i am looser :frowning:

Really sorry for your coin loss man. I know it does not help, but wanted to say that.

I just hope its not lose yet :smiley:

1 Like

Don’t lose hope it may take sometime.

I found something in the internet, in past was exchange Abucoins, its was exchange from Poland, they have liquidation to, and when they start liquidation they give 14 days for withdraws to his traders. So guys i think its a bit possitive, lets pray for same think on cryptopia.

2 Likes

For those interested: Cryptopia’s T&Cs. https://web.archive.org/web/20181218153858/https://cryptopia.co.nz/Home/Terms#12

1 Like

Just wait and see what is announced by the liquidators. If they think they can get your coins they themselves would then have to sell them on an exchange to cash out anyway. They might do that and then send a percentage to all the affected customers but it doesn’t seem legal for them to take the coins. The exchange makes money from fees from listing and trading. I think they might allow people to withdraw but we just have to wait for now. It’s not really helpful to speculate…I wonder do banks take the customers money…its probably leveraged differently in a bank though so its not a fair comparison. If the coins are there in your account they aren’t loaned out to someone else they are sitting there so in the ideal world we can have them back… Cryptopia sucked a ss though - they screwed everyone knowing they could just let the people take their coins but they tried to use them to keep the business going.

3 Likes

@ETNbot
So the ETN community is not attempting to protect the financial integrity millions of ETN held in limbo by the New Zealand liquidators. Saying that it is entirely the owners responsibility to protect their ETN rings hollow when such large amounts of ETN are wiped out in one place (cryptopia exchange). I would say such negative news and actual loss affects the market cap, volume of traded ETN, the price of ETN and what about the maximum supply and the circulating supply of ETN? This affects everyone and possibly the future of ETN itself. Don’t tell the people who trade on these exchanges and keep a substantial amount of ETN in the exchanges that it’s folly to stay in the exchanges and finally the ETN community, until ETN becomes a leading well established cryptocurrency, should not turn it’s back on
the people trapped in Cryptopia. All cryptocurrency companies should come down hard on Cryptopia. That’s what the ETN developers should be doing as well, getting allies with other developers.

1 Like

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @ETNbot display help.

2 Likes