CLI v5.0.0.3 on old Macbook problem

I have been using Daemon and CLI-wallet v4.0.0.1 on an old Mac (Big Sur 11.7.10). Now I installed v5.0.0.3 and I get an error message ”Built for Mac OS X 14.0”. Is it possible to make it run on Big Sur?

@BegaMutex do
you know ?

Raise an issue on github Hemulen, the devs will look at it when they are able. Don’t worry about format of the issue, just put in as much info as you can about your OS/version etc and the error you get.

2 Likes

or he can try to compile it by himself from sources

1 Like

Thanks for your reply, I’ll try Github :pray:

2 Likes

Thanks, unfortunately my tech skills are limited :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

you could give it a try:) On my 2020 macbook pro with Intel processor it took about 90 mins to build it.

2 Likes

Thanks for your effort but this is way over my head :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

You could use my remote node. I’ve just updated it to 5.0.0.3 and my own CLI wallet is now bridged over to the SC.

I don’t have the SC blockchain running yet because people keep putting meetings in my diary!!

The command to run it on Windows is C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\electroneum\electroneum-wallet-cli.exe --daemon-host=13.74.171.8:8081

If you’re using a Mac, the windows exe bit will change to use the Mac CLI wallet and I don’t have time to figure this out right now but it’ll be something like ./electroneum-wallet-CLI --daemon-host=13.74.171.8:8081

2 Likes

Thank you, my head is spinning. I have to dig into it…or go out and buy a new computer :joy:

2 Likes

he needs the v5.0.3 cli wallet too. (I guess there were changes in the CLI wallet software too.)

2 Likes

Yep, same problem with the cli wallet

2 Likes

if you can open a terminal then it’s 7 lines you should execute in it (assuming you have git and brew already installed):

git clone --recursive https://github.com/electroneum/electroneum

cd electroneum

brew update && brew bundle --file=contrib/brew/Brewfile

ln -s /usr/local/opt/openssl/include/openssl /usr/local/include

ln -s /usr/local/Cellar/openssl/[version]/include/openssl /usr/bin/openssl

ln -s /usr/local/opt/openssl/lib/libssl.1.0.0.dylib /usr/local/lib/

make

2 Likes

Yes brew is installed, copied the 7 lines but I can’t get it to work. Like I said, I don’t know what I’m doing :rofl:

1 Like

what are the error messages?

1 Like

Do I understand right that the building of v5.03 software was OK but running electroneumd v5.0.3 has this error?

Seems like big sur can’t handle the software.

I have opened issue on github and I will try to make a compilation

so the error message is from the ready v5.0.3 binaries i.e. you didn’t yet compiled/built the v5.0.3 software from the sources ?