Yoti cant verify my address?

Yoti cant verify my address, but it is the right address. Do I ned a verified address to use it whit Electroneum?

consider the online wallet/mobile app as your bank account/exchange. for you to use this above the minimum limits you will need to register and complete KYC. if you keep below the limits then KYC is minimal and you only need voiceprint/mobile/email address. this means for the million’s of people who are going to use the mobile app for everyday transactions are going to be able to complete the KYC with ease.

Soft launch Monday… Chill…

I typed in my address too, but there were no services available to actually confirm it.
imo there is no need for address verification in KYC

The issue is in a slight flaw within the Yoti platform/app, in order to verify about level 3 we need to login into my.electroneum.com and scan the QR code via the Yoti app - The Yoti app needs an address pre-verified (This is where some users are facing an issue). When clicking “Add” in the address tab within the Yoti app, it prompts users to upload a form of ID (Passport, National ID, or Drivers License), however, most countries do not have an address inputted in the Passport or Drivers License (Typically the National ID will have an address but it may not be in English).

This article by Yoti has a list of countries which need to manually enter it, however, so far we cannot manually enter the address.

If someone is able to get around this road block, please let us know. So far sent Yoti an email, waiting for response. In my case, I am from Thailand and the uploaded National ID has an address - just not in English. I also uploaded drivers license and passport, however, they do not contain an address either. Hopefully the Yoti team respond back with a way to manually enter the address because so far I am unable to do so

I’ve read somewhere that the team are aware of these issues and they will enable a different KYC route for users who can’t verify their address using Yoti. This is important since a large part of Electroneum’s users will be in third world countries where residences don’t always have proper addresses.

Let’s wait for them to officially launch the KYC and provide exact details.

4 Likes

Cool thanks for the update. Will keep an eye out for some news on this

I agree that a different KYC route is needed, I will be patiently waiting for another solution. Even though I liked the idea of using YOTI, it seams to be a dead end for me and many others, since we can not connect the YOTI profile to our electroneum account without having address confirmed.

Here is the answer I got from YOTI. It contains information I already understand, but no solution to the problem.

3 Likes

same here … got the absolute same reply over and over again. I was trying to convince them that they need to update some databases but they keep telling me that it’s 3rd party and they cannot do anything to help me.

Electroneum Support seems not to understand my problem though, they told me to upload the documents in my electroneum com … but I can only upload documents, when I already have Level 2 KYC!!! and I cannot get KYC because … reasons … ask Yoti for the reasons, I don’t understand them.

I also received the exact same reply from a different Yoti customer service representative. I think this is an issue many users are going through and the telegram chat is filled with similar complaints. The Electroneum team should be aware by now and hopefully implementing a solution

I had the same problem, I importrd Yoti data to my.electroneym.com but as address validation by Yoti failed my approval by ETN falied.Now there came a possibility on my.electroneum.com to upload a utility bill with address. I did it and waiting for level 2 approval. I uninstalled Yoti as I don’t use it anymore. I suppose my data stays valid at Yoti if I’d need it.
Edit: I reinstalled Yoti to test what happens. It found its key saved on my google drive and then I had to do again the taking my picture and recording my voice steps and I had my accoun back

Where is the option to upload a utility bill? I do not see when I login my.electroneum.com

for me it’s on the page menu/settings/your profile

1 Like

https://yoti.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005526849-Can-I-add-my-postal-address-to-my-Yoti-

From October 2018, YOTI will accept manually entered addresses from the following countries:

Algeria, Albania, Andorra, Angola, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Botswana, Brazil, British Overseas Territories*, British Virgin Islands, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Cape Verde, Chile, China**, Colombia, Comoros, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominica, Dominican Republic, East Timor, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Estonia, Ethiopia, Fiji, Finland, France, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kosovo, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lesotho, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macau, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Malta, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Monaco, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Republic of Korea, România, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Sierra Leone, Seychelles, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, St. Kitts & Nevis, St. Lucia, Suriname, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Thailand, Togo, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States ***, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Venezuela, Vietnam.

*British Overseas Territories: Anguilla, Bermuda, Cayman Islands, Jersey, Gibraltar, Guernsey, Montserrat, St. Helena, Turks & Caicos Islands, British Virgin Islands

** Includes Macau and Hong Kong

*** Includes Puerto Rico

1 Like

Good, I’m trying to recover my ETN, which was deleted after updating the APP on my cell phone, I do not know where they went to stop … can you help me? Thank you