The ETN Fomosapien Rocket To Mars’ Moons Club. Vol2; It’s all about the Gig

This is only a guess. My thought is that the mobile miner is crap, and they are going to release a new one.

1 Like

As the mobile miner doesn’t do any mining, it would be enough to sign up by email and you’d get etn regularly without doing anything and they just could put the same user number to mobile miner as it is on the webpage.

1 Like

I don’t believe the mobile miner numbers. It’s a simple as that. We are looking at about 10% that cannot be right. Enough of us in the west are idly using the mobile miner for some free ETN we are doing nothing with. If ETN could pay for $3 of my phone bill I would be on it like a fat kid on cake if I lived in a developing country, I simply couldn’t ignore the difference in my wallet each month.

5 Likes

The miner is important for app adoption. Get people used to logging into the app, even for just extending the miner, and it becomes “muscle memory” for when app payments become more and more commonplace. It may seem silly now, but it’s actually very important, from a psychological point of view. Phone top-ups is just step two, of a multi-stage rollout with the goal of true mass adoption.

7 Likes

but step 2 is not happening as the mm user number is too low

1 Like

Active user numbers, per the podcast, are around 500k. The mobile miner number is just under half that. Considering people may let their miner expire for even a couple days, spread out across every day, considering all active users, that actually paints a far more accurate view of the mobile miner number. It’s just hidden behind some maths is all.

6 Likes

I wonder how active user number is measured. I thought it is the mm user number

1 Like

Nope, it’d be more like… Number of users which have logged into their account, be it mobile or web browser, in a given time span (i.e. past two weeks, past month, etc)

1 Like

There are likely a lot of users which hold ETN, which have not logged into their account lately, as they have no reason to, that are marked inactive. It doesn’t make them any less of a Hodler, it just puts them in a different category. The average, western based user doesn’t really have much incentive to log in constantly. Remember, we are a minority of enthusiasts.

5 Likes

In what way “crap”? It works and it pays out… in what way would a new one be better (apart from not using the word “miner” which I agree with)?

1 Like

it’s not “they don’t care about price” of course they care about price.

It’s that it is illegal for them to do anything that could or would be interpreted as price manipulation. And they sure as hell can’t run around talking about the subject all over social media.

Richard Ells shouldn’t even have to mention the fact he can’t talk about price, anyone with a little common sense should know that from the get go.

A hybrid fintech/crypto that is traded on exchanges and has corporate headquarters in the UK and HAS met with and discussed regulations with UK regulators isn’t going to talk about the price his token is trading at or do anything that would appear to be advice about investing into it.

Why people keep making negative slanted comments on the subject is beyond me.

Get over it. They aren’t going to try to pump the price just to make you or other speculators happy.

Don’t like, then too bad.

That’s how a professional crypto leader acts…responsible and accountable.

7 Likes

Something is wrong with how the mm keeps track of “active miners”. This part of the app needs to be simpler to understand and more accurate. No one knows for sure what an “active miner” is anyway. The new registrations and the mm numbers should be much more closely related. There is a problem somewhere in the front or backend of the app. If there is not, then there is a learning curve that needs to be straightened out, so people know what the mm does and why they need to enable it. I have a strong feeling that all of this will be changed when they do the other major updates:

vendor lists, credit card to ETN, and so on. HUGE changes coming to an ETN app near you!!!

1 Like

The CEO of a global payments system that is trying to show governments, regulators and corporations that crypto and digital payments based on crypto is a good thing and something they should embrace, not fear isn’t going to orchestrate coordinated public pump and dump schemes to attempt to manipulate the price his token trades at just to make some disgruntled investors happy.

I’m surprise he’s had to even address it more than once.

3 Likes

In a way the mobile miner count doesn’t need to be on there at all, the average user who wants a few coins to pay his phone bill doesn’t actually care how many other people are doing the same at that moment. It’s something else for us enthusiasts to chunter about.

As for the other things, yes of course, there will be features added when they become live, I was just curious what you thought the shortcomings were of the system as it stands.

1 Like

I wonder if Richard has sat down with the Governor of the Bank of England yet, as apparently Zuckerberg has done so. Quite a forward looking chap Mark Carney.

2 Likes

I’m not.

People have to be told over, and over, and over, and over.

Then new ones come and they have to be told over and over and over and over too.

3 Likes

Yeah…so true. I know ETN and Richard are far from perfect, but he has shown that he tries to do his best to conduct himself with integrity and do things the right way to the best of his abilities, while holding his team to the same standards.

So I get tired of the nonsense sometimes.

4 Likes

Remember when ETN was first released they had hackers attack the system so they maybe made accounts for that. Also remember back when they didn’t have the multiple accounts issue sorted guys were making multiple accounts and at first tablets and other devices were allowed to mine before they changed it to only one device and it has to be a phone.
Also there used to be an issue with guys using bluestacks emulators on their pc to create hundreds of accounts and mobile mine.
Also you had guys that owned cell phone stores creating hundreds of accounts and running all those phones on the mobile miner.

^All that got shut down slowly one by one so there might be a bunch of invalid accounts leftover from that. I can only imagine what other hacks and schemes criminals have tried to game the system.

Then you have on top of that Western investors that invested just for purely profit reasons and can’t be bothered with the mobile miner. I got like 10 people at work to create an account and invest in it and only 2 of them mobile mine.
Also you have to remember there are lots of other projects out there. I’m involved in one right now and it’s having a rough start dealing with the volume of traffic it’s getting and fixing the bugs leading to me restarting my phone and dropping out of the miner count sometimes.
There are people in 3rd world countries that don’t have easy access to electricity so they might not have their phone on some days.

5 Likes

I nominate Richard Ells CEO of #Electroneum and Chris Gorman OBE for creating the world’s first #AML, #KYC compliant and environmentally friendly, #cryptocurrency aimed at helping the world’s unbanked while also creating real user value by enabling instant mobile voice and data top ups.

13 Likes
2 Likes