Liquid.com a starter guide

Liquid is a unified, globally-sourced trading platform that bridges the worlds of fiat and crypto.

I don’t know how many that us Liquid, but I do and I am trying to learn it. So wath I want to do is to make a beginners user guide in to Liquid exchange.

This is easy, go to https://www.liquid.com/ . Topp right corner there is Sign Up.

Create one account.

Choose your spot in the world where you live

On this page you must be aware of !!. above the E-mail address you can choose private or company.

When you have done the initial sign in and got the 2 part authenticator and al that up an running, there is the time to do the KYC thing they have. You need to upload some papire like in ETN Passport, driving licence, paycheck type of dokument, i used driving license because my passport was out of date and my driving license have a better picture, it didn’t look like a was caught with my fingers in the candy bowl.

2 Likes

When all the details are set and we are ready to buy, we need something to buy ETN with

This is a feature i have not used because i have bought ETN with BTC. The thing i notis is it could take up to 10 days from your payment to you receive your Fiat funds in Liquid. I want blame liquid for that but the fiat money system that liquide has to obey

1 Like

This is the wallet, just like my fiat wallet…Empty!

This is hove you deposit your BTC to the wallet so you can buy ETN, i use the BTC wallet so you can see the how easy it is to use. !!!If you deposit ETN never forget to put in the payment ID!!!

When you gonna withdrawal your ETN remember this is taking some time 1-3 days!!! and that is because this is a real exchange that checks that you’re ETN is nice and not a criminal thing like money laundering or something i don’t know.

3 Likes

When opening the deposit tab on liquid and you want to deposit ETN of some strange reason i want comment.
You get a wallet address and a payment ID. You copy one at the time and past them into your ETN wallet.

This are the tip from liquid

Tip:

1. Note that withdrawal service is available for approved accounts only.
  2. The address is not allowed to deposit other assets other than ETN, and any other asset deposit will not be recovered.
  3. The deposit transaction will be automatic, and the ETN transfer will need to be confirmed by the entire Liquid ETN network, and your ETN will be automatically deposited to your account after 50 confirmations.
  4. This address is the only one you can use on your own, and you can do multiple rechargings at the same time.
1 Like

No we move in to the markets :slight_smile: Remember it takes time to move assets so nothing is lightning fast.
You chose on this page witch market you are entering and i will choose ETN/BTC by scrolling down to i find the right market.

1 Like

Her is the trading screen

I did place a order, that is weary simpel. I can see the green buy thing is green, i can set the amount, but pused max, and down to the green confirm button afterwords, and confirm. Then you can see the buy orders when scrolling little bit down.

If i wanted to sell i can do it like buying, but then all buttons are red, I put in the amount of BTC i want for the amount of ETN and place order.

I tried to shove where the sell orders are but it went to quick that i didn’t get a screen shoot, but her is the confirmation.

A propper bad deal!!!

The live orders supposed to be on the left side where the rocket is. When the order is live, you can adjust it by click it or cancel it, you can cancel it even if it isn’t filled.

2 Likes

I did lose on the last trade so no i want my asset to work for me while banging my head to the desk. I gonna lend my satoshi to a better trader.

Look witch assets you can lend :slight_smile:

Her i have made the numbers and are ready to create an offer.

Her i can monitor my offers and cancel if i want to.

I wanted to do this with ETN but the ETN was sold in a blink of an eye.

3 Likes

nice guidelines for those who want to use liquid exchange

1 Like

@B.F.A Couple of questions bud,…

1. ETN withdraw fee?
  2. Minimum lending offer/deposit?
  3. We must do KYC prior to operating Liquid exchange, correct?

Thank you boss!

1. ETN withdraw fee?
  2. Minimum lending offer/deposit?

1.i am not sure, but i think it depends of the size of assets and witch type
2. I lend 0.00000137 BTC in the guid, so i think smale numbers are also available, but i dont know the exact amount

1 Like

So as little as 137 Satoshi :joy: Roughly 1.5 Electroneum. Thanks bud,…

You can try withdrawing any amount of Electroneum or even at 0.00 It should give out some fees, but Ill take a look at their website and see if I can dig some fees. Last time I created an account, Liquid wanted KYC before operating exchange wallets, will have to do that soon.

Small amounts :slight_smile: it was the money i used while making this guide, i didn’t think it could go thru, but it did

1 Like

Oh Btw, what about the KYC for liquid? For being in United States, they wanted me to supply Identification to use exchange :neutral_face:

Liquid is a exchange in japan that runs under government laws, so they have to ask about your personal information the same way a bank have to do. You can use Passport, driving license, The therms and condition beside that i am not familiar with, Cheeking…

Verify your individual Liquid account

A verified Liquid account comes with a much higher withdrawal limit

Thanh avatar

Written by Thanh
Updated over a week ago

Account verification on Liquid is optional. However several services, such as deposits and withdrawals in fiat currencies, require you to have a verified (“approved”) Liquid account.

Why does Liquid need to verify my account?

We need to make sure that you’re a real person we are dealing with, not a bot. Knowing who you are helps us protect your assets and ensures we are compliant with regulatory bodies.

What do I have to provide?

You will need to upload 3 documents:

1. Government-issued ID document (driving license, passport, national ID card or VISA for legal stay)
  2. Proof of address
  3. Your selfie

Accepted formats include bmp, jpg, png, pdf or tiff.

1st document: ID DOCUMENT

• Use government issued IDs only - i.e passports, driving license or ID card.
  • This document must have your photo in it.
  • Your name on this document must match the first name and surname you have submitted and the name on your proof of address.
  • We must be able to read your name in Latin alphabet (A, B, C, etc).
  • Use a single picture file. If the ID is two sided, please submit only the side that has your photo.
  • Your ID must be current and un-expired.

2nd document: PROOF OF ADDRESS

We accept any bills or documents that are issued by a financial institution, a utility company, a government agency or a judicial authority. These include:

• Credit card statement
  • Bank statement
  • Electricity bill
  • Water/gas bill
  • Council tax bill
  • Tax letter/bill

The same document used for proof of identity cannot be used for proof of address. Your name on this document must match the legal name first (given) name and family name you have registered on our platform and the name on your ID document.

We must be able to read your address and name in Latin alphabet (A, B, C, etc). If this is not possible, you will need to get your document translated and signed by a notary public.

Finally, the proof of address document must not be older than 3 months. Hand written documents are not accepted.

Some handy tips for ID document and Proof of address

• We need clear photos of the whole of the documents (eg an entire unobstructed photo page of your passport, the entire unobstructed surface of your ID, or the entire unobstructed front page of your utility bill).
  • Make sure that the images are clear and not blurred and there are no reflections or glare.
  • Take your photos directly above the document while they are on a flat surface.
  • Don’t obstruct the documents in any way with fingers or thumbs.
  • Don’t use Photoshop or other editing software; do not alter the documents in any way.
  • Do not crop the images; try to have margins on all sides.
  • Use color images only and no lower than 200 DPI.

3rd file: SELFIE

To make sure it’s really you, we need you to take a selfie. Make sure you bring on best selfie game and take a proper picture of your face, and ONLY your face, and not your pet cat (yes, some people actually do that).

Selfie DOs

• Take a selfie to help our system verify your identity using facial recognition.
  • Make sure you take a clear, straight-on head shot, with no reflections or shadows, for the tool to work properly.
  • Take a color photo.
  • Hold your camera steady.
  • Wear a shirt! Nobody wants to see you topless.

Selfie DON’Ts

• Wear sunglasses or a hat or anything that can obscure your face.
  • Crop the image. Use image editing software.
  • Use flash.
  • Take your photo with a colored or noisy background.
  • Hold a passport or note in the Selfie image, your headshot is sufficient.

I’ve uploaded my documents to Liquid. What happens next?

Once you have submitted your documents, they go for automatic screening, all adhering to the strictest security standards to ensure your data is protected. Cases that don’t get approved right away for one reason or another will be flagged and dealt with manually by our Customer Support team.

3 Likes

Thanks a bunch! :blue_heart:

2 Likes

Set up 2-factor authentication

Add an extra layer of security to your Liquid account

Thanh avatar

Written by Thanh
Updated over a week ago

Upon signing in for the first time to Liquid, you will be prompted to set up 2-factor authentication.

This is the FAQ article on how to do it.

Firstly, download the Google Authenticator app to your phone (Google Play Store or Apple App Store). Alternatively, you can use an authentication app like Microsoft Authenticator (Google Play Store or Apple App Store).

Step 1

Click Set Up 2FA (screenshot above), or hover your cursor over the humanoid icon at the top right of Liquid dashboard and click the first tab ( Security ).

Click Enable 2-Factor Authentication .

Step 2

Dashboard will provide you a QR code and a text code to enable 2-factor authentication.

The QR code itself is an image file. Back it up by saving it and the text code to your safety storage. Liquid does not provide backup codes so you will need to save your own in case you lose your 2FA device and need to re-enable 2FA with a new phone.

The screenshot above is only an example - do not scan or save the example codes. Scan the one provided by your own Liquid dashboard.

Step 3

Open Google Authenticator (the app you just downloaded to your phone right before STEP 1).

1. Tap on the plus (+) symbol and select Scan a Bar Code .
  2. Use your phone to scan the QR code provided by the Liquid dashboard.
  3. Alternatively, tap on the plus (+) symbol and select Enter a Provided Key , then enter the text code provided by Liquid dashboard.

If you use a different app, tap whatever it takes to add a new 2FA account, and scan/enter the codes provided.

Step 4

Google Authenticator will provide you a six-digit code that is specific to your Liquid account. Enter this six-digit code to the Liquid dashboard.

Step 5

Click Enable 2-Factor Authentication .

Once you have 2FA enabled, you will be asked for a 2FA code (“token”) upon signing in. Whitelisting withdrawal addresses, submitting withdrawal requests, resetting/changing password, and adding new API key all require 2FA tokens.

2 Likes

Account access troubleshooting

What to do when you have trouble accessing Liquid

Thanh avatar

Written by Thanh
Updated over a week ago

Not receiving Confirm New IP Address email

It can take up to 10 minutes for this email to arrive to your Inbox. If you still don’t receive the email after 30 minutes, let us know and we’ll investigate. Here are some common causes:

• One of our emails sent to you previously was marked as spam, either by you or the email service provider.
  • The email service provider cannot receive emails from Liquid server (technical issue).
  • Your email address is disabled or deactivated by the email service provider.

2-Factor Authentication

My 2-factor authentication (2FA) code doesn’t work

This error happens most often when the date and time on your device does not completely sync with the global time. Please first go to Settings to check whether the date and time is set as “automatic”. Then switch it to “manual" and update it correspondingly. Lastly, change the setting back to automatic again. If you still experience the issue after completing the above steps, restart your phone and try again.

Android users can also use the Settings > Time Correction for Codes function on their Google Authenticator app (GA) to recalibrate.

Another common cause is that the 6-digit code you’re getting from GA isn’t meant for Liquid. The GA account should have an indicator of Liquid or Quoine, and should display your Liquid account email address partially.

I no longer have access to Liquid 2FA tokens

If you have saved the original QR code (or text code) when you first set up 2FA for your Liquid account, simply use your chosen 2FA device to scan that code again.

If you don’t have this code, we will need to disable the 2FA setting of your Liquid account. This is so that you can log in again without entering 2FA code and get 2FA set up anew.

The process will require you to provide an “ID selfie” (a photo of you holding your ID document and a note that mentions Liquid and date/time of request). The ID selfie is to verify if you are the owner of the Liquid account that will have its 2FA setting disabled. See requirements for ID selfie at the end of this article.

Password

If you have forgotten your Liquid password but still have working 2FA (i.e. your 2FA device can still generate codes without issue), Liquid provides the ability to reset password yourself.

1. Click Forgot Password on the Sign-In screen of Liquid.
  2. Enter your Liquid email address and a 2FA code from your 2FA device.
  3. Click Send Token to receive a security token via email.
  4. Follow instructions in the email to proceed.

If you do not have working 2FA, drop us a message and we will assist. The process of resetting password will require you to provide an “ID selfie” (a photo of you holding your ID document and a note that mentions Liquid and date/time of request). The ID selfie is to verify if you are the owner of the Liquid account that will have its password reset. See requirements for ID selfie at the end of this article.

Change Liquid account email address

Currently users can’t change the email address of their Liquid account by themselves. To do so, please let us know and we will assist. The process of resetting password will require you to provide an “ID selfie” (a photo of you holding your ID document and a note that mentions Liquid and date/time of request). The ID selfie is to verify if you are the owner of the Liquid account that will have its email address changed. See requirements for ID selfie at the end of this article.

I froze my account in mistake

Unintentional account freezing happens when you accidentally click on the Freeze Account link included in all login-related transactional emails sent from Liquid, such as Confirm New IP Address or Successful Login from New IP emails.

If your account has zero balance, let us know and we will restore your account back to its previous status. This process does not require any additional step.

If your account has positive balance, we will need your help in providing an ID selfie. This is to make sure that you truly froze your account in mistake and not some hacker trying to bypass our security setting. See requirements for ID selfie at the end of this article.

Requirements for ID selfie

The photo needs to include the following:

1. Yourself (preferably NOT topless)
  2. Your ID document
  3. A handwritten note detailing your request, a reference to Liquid, and date/time of request

Requirements for selfie

• Please use a light, neutral background.
  • Please look straight at the camera.
  • Selfie must be in color.

Requirements for identity document

• Identity document can be national ID, international passport, or driving license.
  • Identity document must be original (not photocopied).
  • Identity document should be in characters of Latin alphabet. Japan driving license is accepted.
  • Information on document must be clearly visible.

Requirements for handwritten note

• Note must contain a reference to Liquid and time/date of your request, for example “Liquid 1/10/2018 12:54pm.”
  • Note must be handwritten and original (not photocopied).
2 Likes

A better answer regarding fee structure.

Fee structure

Fees applied to trading, lending, and deposits/withdrawals

Thanh avatar

Written by Thanh
Updated this week

Home currency pair

Home currency pair is BTC + the home currency of your Country of Residence selected at registration. For example if your Country of Residence is Japan, your home currency pair will be BTC/JPY.

Your home currency pair can be found by hovering the cursor over the humanoid icon on the upper right side of the platform.

Trading fee

Spot trading (EXCHANGE mode)

For crypto/fiat pairs, trading fee is zero for all pairs (home and non-home).

For crypto/crypto pairs that were previously on Qryptos only:

• 0.15% execution value for market taker
  • -0.075% execution value (rebate) for market maker

If you choose to pay trading fee using QASH, there will be a 50% discount applicable only to crypto/crypto pairs for market takers.

However, please note that crypto/crypto pairs that were previously listed on Quoinex are currently zero fee/rebate (for takers & makers). These include BTC and ETH pairings with QASH, BCH, DASH, QTUM, NEO, UBTC, XRP and RKT.

Margin trading (MARGIN mode)

Trading fee for margin trades made in all pairs (crypto/crypto and crypto/fiat) is 0.05%.

Deposit fee

Crypto deposits

Liquid does not charge fees for crypto deposits at the moment.

Fiat deposits

Liquid does not charge fees for incoming fiat deposits. We credit to our customers what we receive from our banks and payment processors. If your deposit is not the full amount when credited to your Liquid account, the difference is always bank fee.

We are using the following banks and payment processors:

• SBI Japan (JPY): local transaction fee
  • Swapforex (USD, AUD, SGD, EUR): zero fee
  • UAB Misterango (EUR - for deposits within SEPA): Processing fee of 0.99 EUR is applied by UAB Mistertango. Note that if your account is also held at UAB Mistertango, zero fee is charged.

Swapforex itself is a payment processor, not a bank. Transactions processed by Swapforex are subject to fees and charges imposed by their banks, which are in this case Raiffeisen Poland and DBS Singapore.

Withdrawal fee

Crypto withdrawals

Liquid does not charge fee for crypto withdrawals at the moment.

Fiat withdrawals

Withdrawal fee collected by Liquid for fiat payments is deducted into withdrawal amount.

• USD: 5 USD
  • SGD: 5 SGD
  • EUR: 5 EUR
  • AUD: 5 AUD
  • JPY: Liquid fee 500 JPY + local bank fee 216 JPY (applied only if recipient bank account is local)

Payment processor charges:

• Swapforex: 35.25 USD equivalent per transaction
  • UAB Mistertango (SEPA payments only): 0.99 EUR per transaction, or zero if the beneficiary account is held at UAB Mistertango.

Lending fee

“Interest Payment Fee” is 50% of Interest Transfer and is collected by Liquid from the lender whenever Interest Transfer is credited.

2 Likes