i think kyc will have ups and down…

downs - this will reduce significant no. who had
plan to register on ETN… becoz right now
ETN is easily accessible, after kyc i think
it would be a hassle for some

ups- kyc will encourage big company to jump
on etn…

1 Like

I do expect us to loose maybe 50%-75% of our community when this get implemented but the current community really isn’t the future of ETN. Mass adoption will happen when we go main stream and those of us that have invested and hold will be rewarded greatly but there are plenty of us with deep pockets ready and waiting for the mass dump of coins we are going to get from all the people that want to remain hidden with their privacy coins.

1 Like

Sure yeah everybody waiting for that moment hopefully we will do it .but in my opinion our users right now we can’t just let them go easyly so hope from our team to plan for that .

i hope if the kyc get implemented, we still able to open our wallet but instead put some limitation if we do not do kyc… but still it is good if we can still open it and registered like we used to do…

More than likely KYC is going to be mandatory for everyone that has mobile app or uses online wallets. Don’t comply then the only option would be to transfer to exchange or paper wallet, but pretty sure they are going to make it impossible to use your Etn using any of their platforms. Hence while we are going to get a major dump of coins because people want to remain hidden, sorry your time is up and you either come out into the light or you will pretty much have to sell. So if you don’t like this idea it is a good time for people to sell and move on because it is going to get pretty miserable for those who don’t want to conform to progress!

1 Like

Under 50 Euros, no registration necessary (Just need a Name). Electroneum CLI wallet or paper (offline) wallet is not affected by the KYC. You may send all your mobile wallet coins to your cli wallet. I supplied a link to a cli wallet guide below.

You can keep up to 50 Euros worth of Electroneum in your mobile wallet before you will be forced to cough up more information. When you reach around 40-45 Euros worth of ETN on your mobile wallet through mining, simply send total amount to your cli wallet.

A guide on cli wallet can be found here: Basic Electroneum CLI Wallet Guide with Remote Node method

We also have a paper (offline) wallet, which simply only stores Electroneum, in order to use Electroneum on your paper (offline) wallet, you would need to go through a paper (offline) wallet import either to cli wallet or mobile wallet in order to extract Electroneum.

Electroneum paper (offline) wallet guide can be found here: Electroneum Paper (offline) Wallet Guide

4 Likes

KYC can be frustrating sometimes but we still need it. If at all we say Blockchain is the future then KYC will reduce any fraudulent act.
Besides the 2m users we have might be just cloned account so with this KYC fake account would be deleted off system. Go ETN

4 Likes

thank you, this really help… i’ve got over 50 euro and still planning to add more

1 Like

@kaiser24 Absolutely, and if you do not have a computer to operate CLI wallet, study the paper (offline) wallet, and make sure if you do generate a wallet through our paper (offline) wallet that you use a very secure computer! Preferably one that never gets connected to the internet.

As long as you know that you generated your wallet safely, you can keep storing Electroneum to your paper (offline) wallet for years to come, and of course when needed, there are ways to import paper (offline) wallet to cli or mobile wallet.

1 Like

I dint see any problem on kyc , even almost exchange need kyc . I bet their doing this because their wanna get a real investors . Not a fake account or something else that get referrals from mining . After this , many big company will jump in and get involved to etn . Its massive . Believe in the team

1 Like

yeah… i already had paper wallet… can i store my etn on the same paper wallet?

Absolutely, just ensure that only you and the ones you want have the private keys, it is very important to make sure paper (offline) wallet is safe. Security is always a major factor.

Also, I have just written a guide how to check paper (offline) wallet transactions/balance, keep an eye on that, hopefully it gets approved soon :wink:

2 Likes

can i directly send etn to paper wallet using mobile wallet just hitting the send button? it would not get lost on cyber space?

It will not be lost. Just ensure when you send from mobile wallet that you send to correct paper wallet address! Double check!

We can also confirm that transaction has arrived to your paper wallet once you have sent it from mobile wallet, this is done at https://blockexplorer.electroneum.com/ the guide that will be approved soon will help you understand how to prove transaction from mobile wallet to paper wallet.

If you have more questions, don’t hesitate to drop me a private message :slight_smile:

2 Likes

thanks a lot dude… i have already bookmark our conversation here… it would be nice if we can follow someone in this forum

2 Likes

ETNs goal is to become mass adopted, that will include KYC and AML. It needs the corporate partnerships to get the vendors accepting ETN. People can get monero for private transactions.

1 Like

There won’t be Mass adoption of everyone needs to go Tru KYC.
People are lazy or just don’t want to bother.
If KYC goes live I will be removing etn from my wallet and continue with other projects.

1 Like

I hope you realize but after a few years, Electroneum might be a different kind of animal.
Because of the high number of the transaction, we might end up with a “pure blockchain”~no privacy of any kind.
Also if price increases a lot the team might add another decimal to lower the transaction fees so if you now have 10000 Electroneum you might end with 100000 in a few years.

1 Like

Hmn binance and cryptopia dont require KYC.

Binance does, Cryptopia doesn’t.

Community Terms | Main Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy | Support Tickets | Main Website