How to guide on Notifications on the ETN-Network Community Forum

Heres a quick guide on how to change your notification settings within the ETN_Network Community Forum

Lets start with the easiest first.

Pause notifications

Left click on your profile picture, or if using mobile simply click once on your profile pic… Top right …:point_up_2:
side bar

locate the person icon at the bottom, left click on that then click on Pause Notifications
pause

You will then get an on screen prompt asking how long would you like to turn notifications off … Simply pick your desired time frame
eg: 30 mins, 1hr etc or set your own schedule and click enter.

pause time

This will then show a moon next to your profile image to show notifications are snoozed

snooze

To re-activate notifications simply redo the steps above and click on pause notifications and this will turn them back on.

Email notifications

click on your profile pic ( top right )
side bar
click on the person icon at the bottom
then
Click on the cog - this is user preferences related to your page on the ETN-Network Community
preferences

This will bring you to your account settings page, on the top of this page you will see a list of different tabs related to your account

For email notifications please click the Email tab

This will bring up a selection drop down menu lists for your Email notification settings

the drop down menus are as follows:

Email me when I am sent a personal message

• Always - you will receive an email every time you get a message
  • Only when away - after 10 mins the site will email you a notification of a response or a post
  • Never - turned off, no emails received

Email me when I am quoted, replied to, my @username is mentioned, or when there is new activity in my watched categories, tags or topics

• Always - you will receive an email every time you get a message
  • Only when away - after 10 mins the site will email you a notification of a response or a post
  • Never - turned off, no emails received

Include previous replies at the bottom of emails

• This just shows previous replies to the posts in the email so you can keep a track on what was quoted, written etc.

Email me when a policy needs my review

This is a default setting of never as its not required or used on this site.

So after setting up the email preferences you go onto the site and browse a few topics. Each topic has its own setting at the bottom so you can either :~

• Muted - nothing,nadda zip…

These settings work in each topic along with emails so if you have emails set to always when quoted, and you have watching on the you should receive an email for every reply quote etc…

To quickly find unread or counts on several topics you follow, :point_up_2: simply click on the ETN logo top left and that will take you to your landing page…

This concludes the How to Guide on the ETN-Network Community Forums notification settings, If you have any questions please dont hesitate to contact myself or one of the moderators on the site…

Plank

2 Likes