ETN Technical Analysis Society

Thanks for explaining your methods. Do you use the peaks of bull flags as contact points or do you count those as 0 as well?

I didnt see any significant flags in ETN chart yet. (Only on 1-4H). But yeah flags should have many contact points and should not be too long (ofcourse they sometimes can be, but thats often taking momentum). To answer your question I would need an example :slight_smile:

Yes exactly and I agree. Style is the very reason there are 10000 indicators.

My personal opinion is to keep it simple using trend, resistance and fib lines. TA is great for standard charting and rough estimates of trends, but it gets thrown out the window due to one main variable that no one can account for, volume. Any volume outside the average can completely destroy any trend line, so that’s the reason I do NOT use volume because it’s not something you can foresee or quantify until it happens.

Ultimately, it’s a guesstimate game that we place bets on…kind of like playing poker. You can analyze the hell out of the other players and calculate odds on the board and the cards you hold in your hand…but ultimately there is some luck to what the next card will be and I equate that next card as the unknown volume variable when applying it to TA.

I call TA educated gambling :wink:

5 Likes

I feel a bull flag work most of the time in a bull trend, and bear flag in a bear trend. So the trend you are in amplify the chans the flag have to play correct,

1 Like

Funny that you mention poker :slight_smile: I was a successful poker player before I started trading cryptos x) . Yeah volume is infact very important. If you see some pattern like a double bottom. Or a bounce from a trendline and its confirmed by higher than usual volume the price usually reaches the target :slight_smile:

1 Like

In the last bullrun this is how many people made insane profits. Just wait for some crypto to get volume, then wait for it to flag and buy the lower part of the flag and sell with 100%+ profits :slight_smile: It used to be really easy x)

1 Like

exactly, I have been known to dabble in some poker myself…which is probably why I love crypto…it’s nothing more than a global poker game. It’s probably why Doug Polk likes crypto too:) Strong correlation

Below is an example of what I was asking. Would you consider the circled peak of the “bull flag” to be a valid touch?

I can answer that. I would say no. Reason is because that would be a wick based on the red bar next to it. I never start trends based on a wick. If it is a solid close, then I would use it initially until the drawn trend is broken.

Wicks can be used more reliably in between, but I personally try to only use solid bars…but wicks can be used loosely.

1 Like

In general you can do that. Its just not that reliable.

I show you an example from the ETN chart so you know what I mean.

grafik

4 Likes

well, this sucks. The uptrend line put up a small fight, but lost. 248 is the next support. After that 220.

[Cryptoman976, not so fast, if you put your chart on daily time frame, you will see the trend line is still intact? So, this will give us another opportunity to BUY? What I actually want to say is don’t look too narrow, hourly chart, bigger picture beter? Hang in there!!!

2 Likes

yes, you are correct. Thanks for pointing that out…but it appears to be an uphill battle right now even as we are way oversold :frowning:

Trust me, a month from here you will smile, a year from now will have a gETNp - Global- ETN-Party!!!

2 Likes

I am not worried at all:)

2 Likes

May I ask you where do you guys “play” with charts? Do I need to download any program or what?

I use https://www.investing.com/crypto/electroneum/etn-btc-chart

1 Like

Most use Tradingview.com (me included) but the only site that has ETN on it is Investing.com (link above from Moonman). But the only pairing it has is ETN/BTC on Cryptopia. So if you use any other exchange, like Kucoin which seems to have a mind of its’ own, it’s hard to map with any real accuracy. I’m assuming Tradingview will eventually put a chart up for it using multiple pairs and exchanges at some point…maybe

Not holding my breath for a tradingview chart with Electroneum’s current exchanges.

1 Like