ETN Fomo Moonwalk Club

I can see Storm is typing…lol

1 Like

Yeah tend to make a few posts at one time and then spend rest of the day researching ETN :wink: and going to the gym, and swimming!

4 Likes

What are you researching daily? Lol

1 Like
1 Like

It’s not our job to get all worked up about it. ETN has to follow KYC regulations for where they’re based. It doesn’t matter if you like it, or agree with it, it is what it is.

ETN could not move forward with mobile partners or any corporates without KYC/AML. end of story.

You should take a look at some of the laws and regulations being put into place in Singapore for example and it’s rather obvious where crypto, fintech, any service that has a payment platform, anything that is digital and transfers money will be regulated eventually.

Including exchanges.

I imagine they will eventually find better solutions for those who are currently having issues with level 3 verification. Those sort of things can’t be solved over night.

It’s not all unbanked that are effected by the issue you and your wife are having with KYC.

4 Likes

No thanks I will stick with ETN.

1 Like

It does seem to contradict the goal of targeting the unbanked and then asking for a bank statement. We need a list of countries that require level three and a list that do not. From what I’ve read it’s most countries that are outside of Europe. Maybe I’m missing something. Can anyone confirm ?

The unbanked aren’t going to have thousands/millions of dollars worth of ETN

1 Like

I’m not saying they don’t have to comply to regulations, I’m just saying that advertising ETN as crypto for the poor and unbanked (aka 3rd world countries) and then asking for data about employment status and bank statement is not right.

@3babf70bcfdf24cd84b7,

Like @Dngruss said, it’s not really Electroneum’s call. Governments of the world, namely US, EU and UK have determined certain countries to be at risk of funding terrorism and money laundering for other “nefarious” means. It’s a government problem not an ETN one.

(Please note, I’m not saying the governments are correct or incorrect in claiming these things about certain countries. As the saying goes, not my monkeys, not my circus.)

2 Likes

For some countries (at least mine), it doesn’t matter how much ETN you have. My wife has about 300 ETN (she got it through mobile mining only), and she still has to complete level 3 KYC to be able to access wallet and continue to use mobile (now cloud) miner.

2 Likes

Yes correct, that’s why it’s strange that they require level three to even use the app with only 300etn

Got ya. Something Something Squirrels

Hello, @BegaMutex do you know where we can find the list of countries that currently require level 3 kyc just to use the mobile miner? Thanks

Its weird but i cant see the registered user when i go to the website.

Sorry to hear that @davorf. It really isn’t right, but unfortunately as stated above it’s a government problem, not an ETN one.

ETN is “paying the price of admission” to legally operate in the system the govenrments created.

It’s also an etn problem, depending how big the list is. As it defeats the purpose of the project. I’m hoping it’s just a small handful of countries.

1 Like

I dont think level 3 is required by all only those who hold large sum of ETN. I wanna say that is why YOTI is involved because all that is required for everyone who holds under 100 EUROS only need to complete level 1 which is a selfie.

Once again, no, it’s not “only for those who hold large sum of ETN”. They require level 3 for my country and wallet that has 300 ETN (it’s about $2 worth of ETN).

1 Like

@Corentin , is there a list of countries tht require level 2/3 no matter what? Thanks.

1 Like