Diamond Hands 2024

Correct me if I’m wrong but aren’t the exchanges responsible for implementing the new code? Even we all have the documentation with clear instructions. What are exchanges doing?!

2 Likes

this sounds like Kucoin did what they needed to with the code but they never received the coins in order to perform the swap. If ETN doesn’t send the coins there is nothing to withdraw.

I wonder if the coins can be sent in that way to facilitate the swap - it might not be possible to do it .

Crypto is a joke - the hits keep on coming

Curious update. Would like ETN’s take on this. I would guess Electroneum can’t just give them a bag of new coins as it’s minted on bridging.

3 Likes

yeah who knows - but this kind of thing just happens too often - there are so many continuous problems. The liquidity is pretty low on HTX too - those new exchanges can’t come soon enough. I am fully supportive of ETN as a project but lets keep it real. We have one exchange and if that was lost we will be in serious trouble. The spread on HTX makes it hard to make buys due to the liquidity issue. Its a serious problem.

So yay for us we have a nice slick blockchain but until that translates into something concrete I will be watching very carefully.

1 Like

Write your story down Verified business platform to set up stuff - #4 by License

Yeah more exchanges is certainly a priority.

Coinex & Tradeogre have already migrated and opened deposits/withdrawals.

HTX is still working on their migration, hopefully wont be long until they open deposits/withdrawals.

2 new exchanges coming soon with more in the pipeline. So its moving. :+1:

4 Likes

It’s great Kucoin have delayed their deadline while they sort this out. Seems weird they are having issues when they have known about the upgrade since mid last year and other exchanges have migrated fine…

Users in the community have already pointed out the Kucoin hot wallet was migrated weeks ago, so if that’s correct, not sure what’s holding things up for them to start withdrawals, perhaps there is more going on…or they are waiting for something else from the team. Hopefully won’t be long for their users. It’s a shame anyone still has ETN on Kucoin 6 months after delisting announcement…when will people learn. :man_shrugging:

Perhaps what’s happening with the fed from last week is causing them some issues or delays. Hard to know what happens behind closed doors when you’re being criminally charged, but I’m sure the team will be helping in any way they can to get Kucoin migrated.

If anyone is in the unfortunate and avoidable situation of having ETN on Kucoin, they need to stay in contact with Kucoin support until resolved.

7 Likes

Good morning all and happy SPRINGTIME :blush:!!

6 Likes

That doesn’t seem possible as far as I’m aware. If the instructions for migrating are followed, then doesn’t that automatically burn the ETN coins in the old blockchain and mint the new ETN tokens in the Smartchain?

Correct me if I’m wrong but sounds like KuCoin didn’t follow the instructions properly and is throwing blame.

EDIT: OR… they’re just plain old pulling a dodgy

6 Likes

Dodgy as!! Bye bye KuCoin :wave::wave:

5 Likes

Ugggg refresh refresh refresh. When’s the next RE update??

6 Likes

Nice dip.

Bought it.

4 Likes

Anyone here using Metamask? New to me, just created a wallet. It has given me a “0x” address on Eth Mainnet, is that what I use for ETN, rather than “Add a network”?

Thanks in advance.

Bah! Tech stuff! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

This. Exactly.

3 Likes

Is ETN viewed as a threat to any top 100 crypto projects or more like an ally? Just curious :face_with_monocle: I mean why not promote the projects success rather than bash it. Never understood people’s logic of thinking. Oh well we got some great thinkers here.

3 Likes

Network supposed to be Electroneum Mainnet, NOT Ethereum Mainnet. Here is the short guide to setup ETN Wallet:

STEP 1 OPEN METAMASK IN BROWSER / MOBILE
Add a network manually FROM NETWORK DROPDOWN AT THE TOP LEFT

STEP 2 ENTER THE FOLLOWING
Network name
Electroneum Mainnet

New RPC URL
https://rpc.electroneum.com

CHAIN ID

Currency symbol
ETN

Block explorer
https://blockexplorer.electroneum.com

4 Likes

Thank you!

Is that info on this forum or Electroneum site? I probably should have looked before asking…

1 Like
4 Likes

Thanks, yes, defintely should have looked… though “developer resources” does not seem the obvious place. Sometimes forget there is more than diamond hands topic!

2 Likes

This guide has a section for setting up MetaMask.

It imports a bridged Paper Wallet which isn’t necessary for what you are talking about, but shows the main setup and network configuration of MetaMask.

When you install MetaMask it gives you a seed, this is what derives your ETN addresses (0x*****) so keep that super safe. Or you can use Ledger with it to hold your wallet and sign your transactions (the best option!)

3 Likes