ETN Technical Analysis Society

What does your BTC TA suggest for the next 3-days?

We will most likely stick between the purple support and 21 day moving average through Monday, possibly breaking above that moving average on Tues/Wed to test the purple resistance leading into the break out window

4 Likes

Thank you - it will be interesting to see how things develop over the next few days!

2 times tested 200sats. I think if we test it again it will be likely that we break it and have an awesome trade opportunity.

grafik

7 Likes

Absolutely love this thread :+1:
Iā€™ve been doing a lot of studying myself lately and have learned so much from you guys.
Keep up the fantastic work.

9 Likes

Great work as always professor! :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Looks verry bullish to me :blush::blush:

1 Like

maybe time to sell my last shitty stocks then, monday, please come

I always anticipate a drop on Sunday and Monday, but a complete dump causing a pre-mature break of a pattern is not a typical event. I had set a low buy order on BTC. Good news is it filled. Bad news is the price dumped another $150ā€¦gotta love waking up being in the hole on an order that filled while you were asleep.

Oh well. So the question is, ā€œnow what?ā€.

Well, as with anything crypto related and charting the answer is ā€œit dependsā€. There is evidence to support both ways in this case but with such drastic moves itā€™s tough to forecast with no data. We are still outside two weeks before Chinese New Year and tomorrow is Monday, so itā€™s possible we dump lower. However, this dump is testing support on some previously strong resistance, so thereā€™s a possibility that we have a very quick and equal bounce back up. Weā€™ve seen those types of moves over and over in crypto.

This is not financial advice, but Iā€™ll tell you what I am doing with my recently filled buy order. Iā€™m holding. The truth is, when you zoom out and look at the big picture, there is A LOT more room to go up than there is to go down. I am not one of those that believe we are going to 1200, 1800, or even 2500. Of course, I can be wrong, but I believe the most we will dip to is 2800, max. Could we go lower? Sureā€¦but the odds are against itā€¦unless Craig Wright really is Satoshi and fulfills his promise, lol.

What Iā€™m looking for in the short term is a bounce back up because a pre-mature break of a larger pattern is often a temporary event. But weā€™ll see.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend all!

EDIT: My personal belief is we do not go any lower than the 200 week moving average. Currently, that average is at $3275

8 Likes

Up-to-date thoughts on ETN?

My thoughts from the post at ETN Technical Analysis Society have not changed overall based on the 8 hour fib. I believe the most healthy move ETN can make is to re-test for supportā€¦but that does not always happen.

With that said, when you zoom in on the 1 hour chart, there is a fib that can be applied there as well. That fib retracement patterns suggests we may not drop lower than 181 sats.

However, IF BTC has another major drop, we most likely will retest the support line in the mid 160s. As usual, a lot depends on daddy BTC, so thereā€™s a wide range.

2 Likes

Very strong tightening range. Volume is declining so a move becomes more likely.
If we get a breakout with volume its a great entry point for a trade.

Also we had a bounce from the 0.5fib line (forgot to draw it in) last time we had that we had a huge run after that.

4 Likes

Yeah, I saw all that as well. But I donā€™t put much credit into a break up due to that low volume you mention. The 200-208 resistance level is absolutely massive. It has acted as a support AND a resistance line dating back to November 14th and has required some large volume to get over or under. The silver lining is IF we can get over it, we know we have a pretty darn good new floor for the foreseeable future. But until that happens, we will see some interesting swings as the transition and accumulation period progresses on the current market.

2 Likes

Completely agree. We need a volume breakout. We could just fakeout with a 10btc buy order. But we need a little more than that. But then again as soon as we find support on 200 sats it will be very bullish with a target somewhere around 600sats possibly.

1 Like

Letā€™s see what happens when the dust settles after this last week. Iā€™m no T.A. guy but there has been a system at work. Roll on M.W.C. and some big investment.

3 Likes

Just a screenshot from blockfolio to show a picture perfect ascending triangle that is about to break to the upside. I think this bull train keeps chugging forward.

4 Likes

True the pattern looks very clear.

Lets see if we can manage to break to the upside.

3 Likes

I have to be honest, I was expecting a retracement of some sort by todayā€¦but the day is just beginning, at least here in the states. But that incline support is holding. I am trying not to get too excited and I still believe a retest of the former resistance line would be most healthyā€¦but Iā€™m fine with a sustained moonshot if possible. We are testing the heavy resistance area currentlyā€¦letā€™s see if we can actually do anything up against it.

What I donā€™t want to see is a buy the rumor sell the news situation where we see a massive drop after the iOS beta actually launches.

4 Likes

Hope alot fools now sold 170-190 and await the retrace, hehe, then the whales f*** them in the caviarcross, push on and they have to jump on higher. Fooled again :joy:
Also hope fools think its a dump on news, but it aint either. Then it can get interesting.

There is actually not too much resistance at 200 sats.
grafik

If we dont break it we probably test support again.

5 Likes