ETN Technical Analysis Society

ETN/BTC is forming a rising wedge. Those break mostly to the downside.
Target would be under all time low imho.

I marked in red the place where I’d take profits for the last trade. Incase anyone even trades this chart :smiley:

What do you think ?

On the bullish side we still have some inverse H&S formed on the weekly chart.
But that pattern is only tradeable if it breaks up (If that happens it would be also the break from the rising wedge pattern up).

1 Like

I have been away since Christmas Eve and wont be home with access to my normal chart setup until the 2and. Please forgive the rough mobile chart and hand drawing…but this is so obvious on the daily BTC/USD Coinbase chart that it doesn’t need much explanation.

Possible inverse head and shoulders.

EDIT 24 hours later:

BTC got rejected on the move up to the neckline. But the pattern is still valid for the next day or so. Maybe a new year pump could be coming? Sure would be nice to start 2020 off!

3 Likes

Happy new year everyone!! Hope this year will be our Crypto year? Just something I saw, the similarityu between big wave 2 and the smaller wave 2 of wave 3?

2 Likes

38 days later and BTC finally removed that resistance at 7880 to 8000. Next stop 8200 to 8350, this area isn’t as strong, but it is resistance that needs to go.

We are still in a down trend on the monthly, weekly and daily. But, the 4 hourly chart is looking very bullish and the lower time frames are also still supporting that trend.

BTC seems to be holding these highs but momentum is slowing down, so I’ll be expecting BTC to kick down to 7750 to shake out any weak long positions and to get the liquidity to move higher. But we are still in a down trend and smart money will only enter the market if BTC gets a daily candle to close above 8600.

Something to keep in mind is that for the past 5 years, BTC has dumped on average 35% in the first two weeks of January.

1 Like

We are breaking the rising wedge to the downside.

ETN/BTC daily chart

Targets should be under the all time low.

But volume is really low, so we cant be too sure if we reach it. Also I personally dont think that pattern plays out very strong, since the breakout doesnt have any noticeable volume (may still come though or its a fakeout).

Edit: Volume came. 45-47 sats should be resistance now.

grafik

2 Likes

Meanwhile BTC is looking really strong.

It’s very likely now that the local bottom was in.

BTC/USD 1D chart
grafik

1 Like

So now the interesting part comes again,

We had the fairly expected retracement back to 0.618 and 0.786 with the 42 wick.
Now let’s see how it plays out. Neutral personally for any direction as of now. Personally not interested unless we go further down to a double bottom or get some closing candles of 54 sats.

Summary

Summary

And as for the Tesla part, I guess most of you already heard of the billions of USD worth of losses for short sellers :slight_smile:

Summary

*Edit and also as per usual this is not in any way financial advice.

2 Likes

ETN struggling at resistance. Volume building up.
If we could get back into the previous pattern within the next days that’d be very bullish.

5 Likes

I have been watching this pretty closely. When it broke below it was acting like it was going to fall. Then the announcement if Anytask this month, the free fall was halted and price has been in a holding pattern since.

1 Like

Something like a BEAR trap?

1 Like

Sorta, but I don’t think it was intended or manipulated to be one. It appeared that it was going to be a simple sell off from the previous gains. But the news of anytask seemed to have halted it. It could still dump, but it could also go up…there is a big bear and bull battle going on in that mid 47 sat range right now.

1 Like

Could be, as the initial drop on the ETN chart was casued mainly due to FOMO into BTC when it reversed from the local low of 6800~ something (IMO) it seemed to line up pretty perfectly with eachother.
Though we did get some semi decent volume on the selling side as it all unfolded. But from personal experience and history, usually a selloff to FOMO into BTC are quite bear trappy so could see us coming back into the range.

But gotta say, until we get some news that will confirm this project to suceed and to gain traction we won’t be breaking out of 54 sats without it as of now, I think all the futuristic speculators are already sitting on their positions and waiting for confirmation of the projects future.
So I’m personally leaning towards a further selloff to either double bottom or another ATL (unless) we get news in the very next coming week.

*Edit - add a picture

As probably everyone knows already, but breaking into 48 sats (into the green range of the pitchfork) will be crucial for any sideway momentum or somewhat further upside momentum. Stay under 48 sats for an extended period of time will likely result in a selloff in the coming week.

So as of now, we’re living on fumes of news IMO. Anything can obviously happen, but if we don’t get anything this week I’m expecting dbl bottom or even ATL sats prices.

Summary

2 Likes

AND then eventually BTC breakout, after about 6 months!, lets see if this will gain momentum?

4 Likes

Do you think ETN can hold onto it’s sat value and how psychologically good would it feel to break and sustain above the 0.004c price barrier, prior to the anytasks launch?

I think it will hold, and gain momentum with BTC? In my opinion, everything happens because it is already read into a pattern, so for me something like anytask and when it launch, is already build in. I know many here is waiting for the launch moment, to see if ETN will moon, for Elliot wave principle believers, it will show in the pattern, as part of the bigger picture. Hope it make sense?

3 Likes

If I am understanding correctly… the sat value is holding because of the imminent AT launch and without this the value would be much down from where it is now?

Where would you say we are in the main trend from wave 1-5?

Do you not see any bounce when AT is launched and if you do, where do you think it may go to and where might the correction waves happen?

Yes, if you want go and look at the dollar a few days prior to 9/11, it reacts before the tragedy, but it was part of the bigger wave count, as if it was bound to happen?

Not really a pattern in ETN yet, this can still be a correction to the downside? If we break 72 level, I would argue that we are in wave 1. (there is some wave count that some consider, me as well, but confirmation lurks at 72?

The bounce will come, whether it was caused by a BTC move, or the launch, doesn’t matter. Wave one, is the only wave that Elliot wave cannot predict. But we look for overall negativity in the market as a point for launch. Also the main reason why I wlll buy wave 3, because it will retrace to Fib 61.8 or 78.6 (fact)

If we brake 72, I will through a bag of money, for sure?
Edit:
This can also happen, when we break the support line (bottom X) we wil go down. Same for if we break the resistance line (top X) uptrend?

4 Likes

ETN still keeps trying to get back in the pattern.

Lets see if we can break into that important barrier or get rejected and make new all time lows.

grafik

3 Likes

What are the chances for etn to go back into the pattern? I have a chance of making a good 15% profit if sell a bit now. I know people dont like selling here but i need the extra cash.

Chances lessen if you sell. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: