ETN Rocket to Mars FOMO Club

Another 150 MM’s and that will be 3000 in 19hrs - not sure we have hit 3k in one day for a long time!

Happy days :clap: :clap::clap:

7 Likes

Question: If we achieved several million additional MM’s in a relatively short period, (say within 3/6-months) but from the developed/banked, how might this be viewed by ETN and the community?

I would say we would all be pretty happy that so many people with money to invest were buying it up lol

1 Like

I did not say they were investors, initially MM’s but who knows from there!

I get that, but if several million people from developed nations were mining, a percentage of them would invest, and the price would go up.

1 Like

It’s how I got here.

It’s why I wasn’t upset when my MM rate was lower than South Africa. No issue at all. I don’t need an airdrop. Don’t get me wrong, it’s nice that I am collecting from it again, but no biggie. I am not the target demographic. Yet.

2 Likes

That’s kind of one of my points, that if millions from the developed nations are receiving the coins, (as opposed to the target market) and only a small % go on to invest is this still a good thing… what are the pro’s/con’s?

Well since that’s out of our control, I’m not going to stress about it. I doubt people in markets where partnerships and use case aren’t yet present would be joining just because they can cloud mine a few coins. I’d think it was more because they saw the future potential and wanted to get involved, maybe invest or just to support the project.

At least in developed areas, I know people in Nigeria and other places are joining collecting what they can through the miner while waiting/hoping a use case and partner goes live in their areas eventually.

6 Likes

But couple them with the gig economy. When business owners, mobile operators etc see that people are using the currency, they will wish to engage the economy. Those will be our institutional investors. I love the bottom up approach they are taking. As Richard is fond of pointing out, you and I in the developed world already have multiple ways to pay digitally. But we haven’t a way to pay an unbanked gig worker digitally. That’s our golden ticket.

2 Likes

@Dngruss - I wouldn’t want you, (or anyone else) to stress about it. Sorry for being a bit cryptic but I have ideas in my head that could help get others, (in significant numbers) involved in cloud mining. However, before I think about taking this to the next level I am interested to know what others felt about having large numbers of cloud miners from the developed nations as cloud miners. I know that in the UK we are receiving IRO 200 coins each month, so I can do the math on this aspect and I know that a % would naturally investigate the project and a further percentage of those would go onto buying from exchanges etc.

There must be lots of other views/angles to this though, so wanted to throw it out there.

The pro’s would be that when the time does come for ETN to approach or are approached by potential partners in those developed areas they can show them the user numbers that have ETN wallets and are just waiting for somewhere to spend their ETN.

They will have that, large user numbers plus all the other existing partnerships and the results from those campaigns to show partners in developed areas that may be on the fence. It’s like an Ace in the hole.

2 Likes

We need the numbers to entice potential partners, so I would see it as a win/win I suppose.

I’d maybe hold off until some more of these partners went live, unless you want to promote it hard and give them the opportunity to invest before things go crazy.

Either way, more user numbers is a good thing, no matter how, where or why they come to be I’d think. Richard seems to love the doors large user numbers can open, so I’d think he’d be okay with it heh.

1 Like

I am not thinking of or referring to institutional investors.

I wasn’t either, just casual investors like most of us. As far as partners, I meant pretty much any potential corporate partners, whether it be MVNO, MNO, a restaurant chain, ATM networks, online retailer…anything, real world use cases.

Presumably we also need a good amount of the “developed” to also be aware, (MM’s etc) to help kick start/support gig.guru and not just existing ETN investors?

1 Like

True…Dat

:chipmunk::chipmunk::sunglasses:

Electroneum
V.8 fork
Soon

:chipmunk:

17 Likes

I personally think that the developed users will come when it makes sense for them to come. But if you have some ideas about marketing it to developed countries and it is cost effective, I wouldn’t cry if more people from developed areas got involved.

I’m sure Richard must have some sort of strategy in place to attract buyers to the gig.guru platform.

Facebook marketing maybe, who knows., I’m sure he’s not just leaving it up to chance though.

4 Likes

At 150,000 mm we’re giving away about 90 million etn per month. Price is gonna move soon.

5 Likes