ETN Retracement rebuy/trade Idea

grafik

We are forming a descending triangle a breakout with volume will be tradeable :slight_smile:

I think we will retest the lower fib level before breaking 305

2 Likes

Possibly. Volume would confirm your prediction. Though when volume starts to really become low and price starts moving very little is usually the time where huge moves are possible.

Yeah volume looks weak and we are still in a downtrend. I wouldnā€™t consider us safe until we break 310.

1 Like

True. And that triangle has a target of 320 sats. But after that we may still correct lower.

How do you get fib into ETN charts btw?

2 Likes

I use kucoin charts:
https://www.kucoin.com/#/trade.pro/ETN-BTC

Right click and add drawing tools

1 Like

Oh cool, thanks! Iā€™ve used Kucoin for a long time but never knew they had that xD

2 Likes

poss

1. Hard & Soft Downward Trend crossing, impossible to sustain. ETN gets smashed down.
  2. ETN re-tests Hard Downward Trend but gets smashed hard once more.
  3. ETN find support at the double bottom that also correspond with support trend from previous rally.
  4. ETN smashes through the hard downward trend with ease.
  5. ETN smashes against the soft downward trend over and over again until they eventually break above.
  6. Possible continuation: ETN bounce again the soft downward trend as support and keeps a slow rally along the long term (green trendline).
4 Likes

Fantastic and the reading / learning begins!

3 Likes

Okay so a quick question if you have a hard and soft downward trend is it also possible to have both going up? Or would it converge at one point and just be one trend line?

Yes both can go upwards but thatā€™s usually a sign that the run-up is unstable. The further away to trendlines go from eachother the more higher risk they will converge. For upwards trendlines that usually after explosive growth that canā€™t be sustained. The green line is our upwards trendline but also our hard support. If that line breaks, ETN might be in danger.

2 Likes

sda
Two upward trendlines but we couldnā€™t sustained the blue so we falled back to the green (more longterm) trendline.

3 Likes

Okay that makes sense to me. With news being reporting almost daily and events is it not nearly impossible to do charts in the sense that it would have to be like hourly or something? What kind of time frame are we talking in general would a chart follow? Daily, monthly? Or am I on the wrong track here? Seems to me I would have to make a new chart every 20 minutes lol

Depends, I vary between 5,15,30 min if Iā€™m doing short term trades to 8 hour or daily if Iā€™m looking for long term positions. The patterns and indicators remain the same no matter which time frame but longer the period the more accurate it is to analyze.

2 Likes

Fantastic, thanks so much! So now its time to learn the anatomy of a chart. Once I understand what all the lines represent then a clearer definition should make more sense to me. What you have explained makes perfect sense and now that does not seem so damn confusing. Much more work for me to do but it is making a little more sense now ā€¦lol

1 Like

Over the last few days Iā€™ve mostly watched 15/30min since Iā€™m been doing some swing trading which further increased my hodlings with 18k ETN :smiley:
But since we are on approaching collision with the long term support line, I will probably just sit back and watch the climb occur.

Do you anticipate some explosive growth based on what you are looking at or a steady accelerated climb?

It really isnā€™t that confusing, most people just donā€™t spend time understanding it. Everybody makes bad calls and trades though, that happens. My biggest lessons in trading has come from impatience and doing emotional decisions.

1 Like

Slow and steady, unless some news comes out from media or the ETN team. Buy orders will most likely start to creep up as they realize fewer and fewer people wants to sell below 300. And just as @M-Kid recently mentioned in another thread, the dumpers are running out of steam.

1 Like