Electroneum CLI wallet guide with Remote Node method

Error: failed to generate new wallet: failed to save file “–daemon-host=nodes.hashvault.pro:26968”: Unknown error

@fin , please use this command to retrieve wallet from keys. I have also updated guide up above to reflect these new changes. Thank you for letting us know!

electroneum-wallet-cli.exe --daemon-host=nodes.hashvault.pro:26968 --generate-from-keys=wallet

@cuddlesquid
Firstly, thanks for the the instructions :slightly_smiling_face: … This is my first time to use CLI-Wallet using Remote Node
But I noticed that when syncing using Remote Node method, it syncing fast only if you are creating a new wallet using this command

electroneum-wallet-cli.exe --daemon-host=nodes.hashvault.pro:26968 --generate-from-keys=wallet

And when importing from existing paper wallet using this command below, it’s syncing very slow and seems to take days …

electroneum-wallet-cli.exe --daemon-host=nodes.hashvault.pro:26968

Is there a fix for that ?

Hello there!

Im very sorry for any troubles, however I went ahead and duplicated steps above you mentioned and I am not running into very slow sync.

Upon executing “electroneum-wallet-cli.exe --daemon-host=nodes.hashvault.pro:26968” you should be asked to enter an existing wallet name or simply create a new one. Here is a an example below.

Since my wallet is already on refresh status, that means wallet already pulled an up to date blockchain.

Note: If you have a very poor quality computer “refresh” process will take some time. Any refreshed blocks are saved, so on next wallet load you will only refresh new blocks.

Hello cuddlesquid,

I have a question. Let’s say that I am Synchronizing the Blockchain the Old-fashioned way it is slow and you have to download the whole Blockchain to your computer. Because you run everything from *C:* is there any way to download the Blockchain to an external drive, for example *D:* where it is a much larger space.

Thank you!

Hello there!

Here is a guide on downloading and importing raw blockchain. :slight_smile:

Thank you so much for your quick response!

Trying to do a transfer from a wallet I had used when mining (back before ASICs), I have kept up to date on releases. Refresh works fine and my amount is still correct. When I try doing the transfer from this wallet to another (consolidation) I receive an error

error

There is enough unlocked balance, and I’m sending less than that amount to account for fee. But I still get this error, even if I set the priority.

Ensure you have the latest client, top of guide for link, which is electroneum-win-x64-v2.1.1.1 as of 10/02/2018

Error clearly states its related to insufficient funds for fee. In order for me to try and help you before I send you to raise a ticket, Ill at least need to know how much Electroneum you are trying to send out?

I have the latest client, as mentioned I kept up to date on releases.

I am attempting to transfer roughly 2400, leaving a few ETN behind for fee.

Try leaving at least 5 ETN in your wallet, if that does not work you may have to try leaving up to 10 ETN. Sometimes the wallet wants you to leave more than what the fee is, I’m not sure of the reasoning behind this.

Yep I just needed to leave more behind, thanks

I sent 10 ETN from my Online Wallet to the CLI Wallet as a test. It was successful on the blockchain but the CLI wallet still shows a 0 balance after like 2 days. Any insights into that? Thanks

Should have already received it, ensure you used correct address to send Electroneum to.

• Follow guide below to Prove Sending

If PROVE SENDING page shows correct address, and you have not received your ETN, you’ll have to open a support ticket.

Support Ticket: http://support.electroneum.com/

CLI to CLI I would simply say you entered incorrect address since blockchain should never make this mistake unless hacked.

But, from ETN Mobile Wallet to CLI, I can not say there is a holdup with your transaction on the mobile side or something went wrong, this is why I refereed you to support if you still haven’t received ETN :slight_smile:

may i request a guide for linux (ubuntu) users trying to use remote node method?

im stuck on
step 11a ,it says:
electroneum-wallet-cli --daemon-host=nodes.hashvault.pro:26968 --generate-from-keys=wallet
electroneum-wallet-cli: command not found

Coming soon

For Linux OS, include ./ in front of command, like this:

./electroneum-wallet-cli --daemon-host=nodes.hashvault.pro:26968 --generate-from-keys=wallet

Step 1

Open terminal

Step 2

Execute command:

mkdir electroneum-linux-x64-v2.1.1.1

Step 3

Execute command:

cd electroneum-linux-x64-v2.1.1.1

Step 4

Execute command:

wget https://github.com/electroneum/electroneum/releases/download/v2.1.1.1/electroneum-linux-x64-v2.1.1.1.tar.bz2

Step 5

Decompress downloaded bz2 by executing command:

tar -vxjf electroneum-linux-x64-v2.1.1.1.tar.bz2

Step 6

Now that we have wallet executables, run the following command to start Electroneum wallet from remote node

./electroneum-wallet-cli --daemon-host=nodes.hashvault.pro:26968 --generate-from-keys=wallet

Name of your wallet will be: wallet

You can rename it if you wish

thanks alot for the replies :slight_smile:

if im going to rename the wallet,the other files should be renamed as well? ie:
1wallet
1wallet.address.txt
1wallet.keys

#2 question:
please see the attached pic for the error.
prior to this i used the command:
./electroneum-wallet-cli
to load the newly created wallet using the remote node method.
prior to this i also renamed the 3 files (1wallet / 1wallet.address.txt / 1wallet.keys )

Hi there, be sure to execute command with remote node flag like this:

./electroneum-wallet-cli --daemon-host=nodes.hashvault.pro:26968

You will be asked to specify your wallet name.

Correct, all 3 should be renamed.

Hi,
I was curious and I sent 10 ETN from my mobile app to my cli wallet connected to your remote node. I see 0 balance for entire 3 days. I have no problem with losing 10 ETN and will wait some more days but would you have some ideas about that?
Thank you.