Diamond Hands 2024

Hahaha yep :sunglasses::zap::zap::zap::rocket::full_moon:

6 Likes

Wonder if we will ever go back to ā€œboots on the groundā€ in Africa and blue painted huts. Or is that phase behind us. Did we change our focus, or is all this additional?

4 Likes

Yup, anyone can now deploy smart contracts to make new tokens and application ON the ETN Smart Chain networkā€¦

Just like lots of projects and apps are created on the Ethereum network.

Read that link I added above and watch the video from rich attached to it. :+1:

7 Likes

The technology driving the ETN Network is not intrinsically linked to projects using it Pete. Focus hasnā€™t changed, just split to open up a whole new stream of opportunities that are more technology based.

As you know, AnyTask.com allows for unbanked users from around the globe to offer their digital skills and earn ETN. ETNEverywhere.com shows the extent of commercial entities interacting with ETN so people can use their tokens for goods and services. ETNDonate.com is a great platform created to allow NGOs to get involved, increase exposure for the network all whilst helping good causes. The mobile wallet has commercial integrations to allow direct purchases using ETNā€¦

Many many more use cases and projects will come with time which make up the ETN Eco-System to fill it with actual real world use cases (rather than just fancy technology white papers)ā€¦

This new EVM Layer 1 Smart chain builds on thatā€¦and opens a whole new way for the network to expand and grow. Interact with other EVM networks like Ethereum, offer the ability to build new tokens and apps on top of ETN-SC, cross chain interoperability, swaps, defi, NFTsā€¦ The possibilities are endless and are only now possible.

These features are not new in the crypto world and donā€™t make a project a success by themselves, but when combined with real world use cases - its a whole new ball game.

The old blockchain had its purpose, but it was long overdue to tap into some of the incredible things that can be done with a smart chain. We had some real challenges over the last few years trying to make the technology fit the purposeā€¦ now it not only compliments Electroneumā€™s goals, but enables them.

17 Likes

Cheers BegaMutex. Crypto has evolved in amazing ways, itā€™s hard to keep track. To think I was already impressed and blown away by the latest updates. I have so much to learn. Iā€™ll check out the link, thanks again :+1::+1:

9 Likes

So much information to take in in that link. Of course when I first opened the developer resources document, I went straight to the Gas and Fee section because I wanted to know if ETN would be burning coins haha

But yeah Iā€™ll do a deeper dive to wrap my head around all the possibilities

6 Likes

How to access this tour? Thanks

3 Likes

Good Morning Everyone,
Looks like spring is finally here! Excited to see the news!! Great work team!!! Also Love the project name, holds a special place in my heart! Also, I donā€™t believe in astrology, however ā€¦itā€™s year of the Golden Dragonā€¦so Iā€™ll make an exception :grin::joy::wink:

Especially Loving this MetaMask functionality! No more exchanges playing kingmakers, true accessibility!!!

A little wiser, a little grayer, but Feels like 2017 againā€¦:rocket::rocket::rocket:

12 Likes

Another thing not to be overlooked in all of this is, if I read it rightā€¦ETN transactions made from and ETN mobile wallet to another ETN mobile wallet have zero fees.

If true thatā€™s a big deal IMO. I guess if it is fact it would apply to any ETN network address to another ETN address direct transaction, not just mobile to mobile wallet.

7 Likes

I canā€™t find where I read that, maybe I imagined it haha

4 Likes

I wonder too. I think there is a good chance that a refinement of that continues. Electroneum has been pretty good at the last mile part of the equation.
How I imagine it is this. Until now it has been an Island. An Island with cool stuff for sure, but not connected well with points off of the Island. Getting off the Island was slow and expensive. Kind of like a ferry with no competition. With the smart chain now there will be bridges. Some of the services offered elsewhere will set up shop here because the ability to use those bridges.
Another round of boots on the ground is likely in order to get the word out. Starting a word of mouth wave was always the goal of that. The actual boots part wasnā€™t going to be a forever thing.

A question not necessarily aimed at you Pete. Outside of the US is last mile a phrase or is it last meter or last kilometer?

8 Likes

Definitely a phrase here in the UK, as we still use miles on our road signs etc. Even before we quit the EU.

Over there it might be differentā€¦ the last kilometer, or the last baguette, or the last bratwurst. I donā€™t know because Iā€™m on an island without a bridge too, though we do now have a tunnel. :thinking:

3 Likes

Biggest problem I see now is where to purchase and sell ETN.

We need exchanges.

At the moment no place to purchase Etn living in America.

** Update. Legit as I type this.

Changelly exchange has reopened and is exchanging ETH for ETN on the app in America.

13 Likes

Does ETN get any benefit from other coins veing made on ETN SC blockchain? Is there any ETN that must be purchased or used in making coins on ETN SC? (Does that make sense?)

4 Likes

As the gas fees are ridiculously low, Iā€™d think as ETN SC tokens are made it will drive up the price of ETN as intermediary as has happened with BNB, CRO and others.

4 Likes

Tokens on the ETN Network will use ETN to be sent, so yeahā€¦adds activity, fees etcā€¦ Very cool.

Also remember, there is a burn mechanic on base fees for transfers.

13 Likes
8 Likes
10 Likes

TradeOgre said they are waiting on ETN to finish with the API. Can anyone with ETN confirm that TradeOgre has started to migrate or has started process?

5 Likes

Yep just checked. Donā€™t know if that is actually working though.

5 Likes