Yet another locked out of coins thread

My KYC verification has failed and the only comment given is: “The details on the document do not match those provided.” :roll_eyes:
I am assuming it is because my drivers license does not have my address on it. NZ identity documents do not contain addresses so I’m not exactly sure what they want me to do???
Even better, I tried to create a support ticket and it made me verify my email which just took me to a 404 page… good one guys :+1:
I’m about to resubmit the same document and hope to get lucky but I don’t like my chances.
Any help would be appreciated

Is this the same as the one (DL) you provided when you opened the account ??

1 Like

Just use your passport. I did my kyc in nz and used that. To verify your bank account you need to get a letter from the bank stating your address account number name etc. They do the letter for free usually. Is the name you used to setup the account your real name? People who setup accounts and used a nickname have issues because what ever name you use is the name and it can’t be changed.

2 Likes

No, the license is newer than my account

1 Like

Ok thanks for this, I’ll try with my passport. Should I leave the address field blank or still fill it in anyway? I don’t think I need to verify my bank account for level two as they haven’t provided me an input for that. I think I used my real name for my account but I can’t double check now as they’ve locked me out of everything hah

2 Likes

Thanks @Mulder

Appreciated

I think you should put your address and then that can be verified from the lettter from the bank. I am with kiwi bank in nz and they do the letter for free. The letter has your name address bank account number. Its pretty simple. I think proof of funds i used a bank statement. I am sure i sent in 3 things but its been a few years since I did it

1 Like

Right, thanks.
The problem with this is that there is no box to upload a letter :confused:
The only two uploads available are for ID and selfie.
On top of that is this note: "Only copies of documents that are plastic and that contains a photograph of yourself will be accepted. "
Quite a rigmarole this

Its done one at a time as far as I know so once the first one is passed they ask for the next one.

Yeah it sucks but to be honest for most people it should be quite straightforward. The issue is that people are worried about their funds being frozen while the process is being completed. I think i got one document rejected but then sent another and it was fine. It was a long time ago though.

1 Like

Thanks for your help. I’ve just tried with my passport so hopefully it goes somewhere this time…

good luck man. Don’t worry should be all good as long as you used your real name when you created the wallet and your passport matches that is easy enough. Then they ask for the next one get the letter from the bank while you wait for your id to be approved. Then proof of funds will be a pay slip or bank statement or something else. Just keep plugging away… I just wish the ledger was available so i can move my coins there… that is taking a really long time.

2 Likes

One other thing to try if your passport doesn’t work is make sure you put your license ID number in the field in the form that says something like ID number of document or w/e. I assume you probably already did that when you submitted it the first try, but just in case I figured it wouldn’t hurt to point it out.

2 Likes

For me, the frustration is the time lag each time. I can only upload one document. I’ve been asked to provide “source of funds” and basically I have attempted to provide a full history of how I got the money I used to invest, and the method I used to convert it to ETN (Bank (GBP) → Coinbase (BTC) → Cryptopia (ETN) → Electroneum). Multiple docs to prove it. So I compiled them all into one pdf and submitted that.

2 Likes

yeah they are hiring more people and it all takes time for training and things. All the teething issues will get sorted out over time. Hang in there.

3 Likes

Good morning Stone, I think a multi file upload for this is a great
idea. I’ve forwarded this suggestion for you. Appreciate the feedback!

1 Like

Facing the same problem since Jan. Hope you get it sorted soon.

Community Terms | Main Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy | Support Tickets | Main Website