Will ETN rewards end some day?

Hi, I’m still with some doubts about this ETN rewards.

I understood that, the ETN creators have now a one place to mine it and they are the only ones that can do it. So they grab part of this ETN mined and distribute it like the ETN rewards for us.

So, it will end some day?

the reward etn was premined in 2017. it was about 8 billion.

the team decides how to distribute it not the NGOs.

it can last years till 8b depletes

3 Likes

Thanks, makes sense. And we really can’t mine it fisicaly anymore right? I saw that we had an official mining tool here but isn’t available anymore.

you can mine other coins and exchange them to etn. I’ve been doing it since half a year. more info here

3 Likes

Too bad… because, these rewards are really helping people that have no conditions and have a lot of potential on helping good causes with it.
And they do not want to allow us to mine it on our androids in the future right?

1 Like

you don’t mine on your phone. you get rewards. even if your phone is switched off for a week you get the rewards (for now)

1 Like

Endeed, it is very important to keep that in mind.
But, it feels like we have more like a investiment that returns us a small amount, that is not much in the beggning, but by the years and months can become something to these people.
I think is important to keep this program, but without harming the company. Maybe they should think about it in the future, since the main project is to make it more easily to use for the people that doesn’t understand nothing about crypcurrency.

Rich closed the GitHub question as it was off topic.

and your point is ?..

1 Like

Please refer to Phase 2 community Update from Richard Ells 19/05/2020

1 Like