What Could be ETN's Key to Unlocking India

I’ve posted this info about the Kailash Satyarthi Children’s Foundation (KSCF) in India before, even contacted @chris.gorman through PM about it, but it’s never been read, let alone acknowledged or responded to.

A little bit about the foundation

Nobel Peace Laureate Mr. Satyarthi’s experience and proven track record of almost 4 decades at both the grassroots and global policy level uniquely position him to expand and build his work globally through the Kailash Satyarthi Children’s Foundation (KSCF).

We believe that all children must live freely with dignity and have the fundamental right to be safe, healthy and educated in order to realize their potential. In order to make this a reality, KSCF focuses on the 3Ps: Policy, Practice and People.

• Policy​

We work to strengthen policy, share research and practical solutions to build the capacity of governments, businesses and communities in creating a child-friendly world.

• Practice​

We engage with children and stakeholders in communities for promoting a child-friendly environment.

• People​

We engage, inspire and mobilize diverse groups to free children from slavery and exploitation.

What is a child’s freedom worth?

An excellent documentary about their work and how it began.

Watch “The Price of Free”

With their track record and stature within India and globally, surely they are worthy of at least being contacted and discussing the possibility of becoming an ETN Trusted Miner partner NGO.

What they do doesn’t stop with just rescuing the children from slavery, there’s lots to do once that’s accomplished.

Link to my initial post about this subject.

It would be nice if someone on the team who may read this could make sure that this info is read by Richard Ells or Chris Gorman.

Maybe it can’t happen to work with them, but it is for sure worth taking the time to contact them and explore the possibilities.

5 Likes

Tweeted :+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:

Child labour should NOT be a thing. The worst part is most of us will be wearing or using something made by these children from all over the globe.

Children should be allowed to grow up like children and play learn have fun not be beaten worked or starved or even worse. The more we all can join and team up and fight against this the better. Same for anyone animals included.

Hopefully one day with etn we can make this world a better place step by step.
:heart:

I agree it could be a fantastic in road for etn whilst helping countless children. Well spotted @Dngruss and thankyou for sharing…

:peace_symbol::heart::grin:

3 Likes

Yeah, It’s a sad, sad thing how cruel some people can be to children of all people, those who can’t protect themselves, those who are supposed be protected.

Well I didn’t spot it initially, just followed up on it more.

I thought wow, what a great fit this could be. We need someone in India that has some clout with gov’t agencies there and their foundation could benefit from working with ETN in some capacity even if not a NGO mining partner.

Although I don’t see any reason that should be a problem.

I mean the dude and his organization has rescued over 80,000 children and risked their lives time and time again for over 3 decades.

If anyone deserves to get an assist via Partner NGO cloud miner rewards it’s these guys. IMO

3 Likes

Very noble cause indeed.

…however, if you look at the selected NGOs up until this point, they have had strong links or feed into the narrative of the gig (tasks) economy. Which makes sense… Electroneum’s goal is to have a crypto which is mass adopted worldwide. The route to market they have chosen has the huge benefit of also helping people, but at their core, its still a business.

In a growing economy like India, i’m sure there are plenty of NGOs which focus on helping people out of poverty and building links to western industry. Those are the ones which i suspect would get attention from the team at this point.

On a side note, no-one should take a lack of personal communication by the management at Electroneum Ltd as any kind of reflection on their suggestion or effort. The team truly appreciate the communities passion but are incredibly busy at this crucial stage in ETNs development.

You may want to submit a single support ticket with details, along with a link to your thread on the forum. That way the support staff can pass to the relevant person when possible.

3 Likes

Well this NGO also focuses on education too, once they have rescued children…which ETN has mentioned is part of the criteria.

The reason I think it’s worth looking into is this guy has won the Nobel Peace Prize and if you look at their 3 P’s

This one in particular

• Policy​

We work to strengthen policy, share research and practical solutions to build the capacity of governments, businesses and communities in creating a child-friendly world.

Ummm…He has over 3 decades of relationships with the India gov’t

You want this guy on your side probably.

If he has a reason to champion your cause because you are making a difference for his cause.

Kailash Satyarthi has been a tireless advocate of children’s rights for over three decades. In 2014, he was jointly awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for “struggle against the suppression of children and young people and for the right of all children to education.”

Mr. Satyarthi and the grassroots movement founded by him, Bachpan Bachao Andolan (Save the Childhood Movement), have liberated more than 87,000 children from exploitation and developed a successful model for their education and rehabilitation. He has been at the forefront of driving child related agendas into the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). He has also highlighted the need of governments to prioritize the child related SDGs and put children first.

As a global campaigner for children’s rights, Kailash Satyarthi founded the Global March Against Child Labor, the largest civil society network for the most exploited children. The 1998 march covered 80,000 kms across 103 countries and culminated in the unanimous adoption of the ILO Convention 182 on the Worst Forms of Child Labor.

He is also the founding president of the Global Campaign for Education, an exemplar civil society movement working to end the global education crisis, and GoodWeave International, which raises consumer awareness and positive action in the carpet industry.

To fulfil his vision of a world free of violence against children, where all children are free to be children, Mr. Satyarthi established the Kailash Satyarthi Children’s Foundation.

Currently, Mr. Satyarthi is spearheading the 100 Million campaign which aims to inspire and mobilize young people to stand up and act for their own rights and the rights of their peers, and to achieve the world’s biggest youth mobilization to end violence against children, eradicate child labor and ensure education.

I rest my case

Mic Drop

2 Likes

My point is this guy is at least worth the effor to sit down and have a discussion about ETN with.

He obviously is a man of action. You convince this guy that ETN and crypto in general is good for his organization and India, and he is on your side…then he would probably do everything in his power to get the right people in the Gov’t to see the benefit to India and the Indian economy.

Lots of Potential Gig workers in India, it’s probably the largest potential market.

High highly doubt any other single NGO or non profit has his connections or experience with dealing with India Gov’t officials while also having the global voice and presence he has.

But hey if ETN has found a better solution to unlocking India already then great. If saving children from slavery isn’t worthy enough to support with block rewards that’s fine.

Because yeah, that wouldn’t be good publicity at all…yep…not at all…not even a little. I’m just a dumb community member, what would I know.

Why on earth would ETN want a a respected Nobel Peace prize winner who has been in the trenches fighting thre good figth for over 3 decades on theri side beting the drum about how great ETN is and what a difference it can make.

Silly 'ol me, where do I come up with these unworthy ideas. There are smart people for that.

1 Like

There are a million good causes out there which i’m sure Electroneum would love to help… but i’m sure you can appreciate they cannot help them all… and thus have to prioritise based on what they are trying to achieve and whats good for the project… Electroneum Ltd is not a charity.

Its not my place to say whether this NGO fits ETNs project. They may have other plans or see opportunities I have not… but as the KSCF targets children who cannot use the system in a scenario that does not feed into the gig economy, in a country that has historically shown it is very against crypto… common sense says its not a very good fit.

You have highlighted it, and described in detail the good they do… as i suggested, i would recommend you perhaps pass a link to this thread to the support system. There is no doubt its a great cause.

3 Likes

They aren’t all 5 year olds lol

I’m well aware there exists more than one NGO that is worthy of consideration.

I’m talking about getting a foot in the door into India while also doing some good.

Getting India to accept crypto isn’t a priority for ETN? That’s silly talk.

All I’m saying is talk to the guy, see if it’s a fit, see if he share’s the vision that ETN could be a game changer.

If they have a better way to unlock India, then great go for it. I can’t wait to hear about how they solved the problem. Last I heard about it, there hadn’t been any significant progress. Maybe there has, and we will hear about how India loves ETN and gave them the green light.

I’m not making a support ticket, Chris Gorman asked to be notified about any NGOs that ETN should be looking at.
I posted about it on July 7th I think both in the forum and a PM to him in response to that request.

If he can’t be bothered to read it that’s his problem, not mine.

1 Like

OK, well you have made your thoughts known.

Thank you for your contribution, plenty of information there for the team to consider. :+1:

1 Like

It’s cool BegaMutex.

Love how you are always so nice even if I’m not.

I just wanted Richard or Chris to at least see the info and then if it made sense to them contact Kailash Satyarthi.

I think at worst, even if it’s not a fit, he’d be a good contact to have especially his insights into dealing with the India gov’t. He may have some ideas on how to convince them to come around.

I have no idea if it would be useful to them in the end, just want them to have the info available is all.

1 Like

Its a very valid point. Contacts are a very big deal in this kind of industry… I cant speak on behalf of Rich or Chris, but hopefully all of these suggestions are feeding back to them.

Cheers Dngress. :+1:

2 Likes

Have a good one, appreciate you

1 Like

ETN has a lot of potential in India.
I’m talking like hundreds of millions of users.
But I’m still not sure whether people here are even ready for crypto yet.
ETN will get here ,… Eventually.

1 Like

Right now people here just see crypto as a tool for criminals.
They’ve been brainwashed completely.
People think those who use crypto are criminals.And I mean seriously.

India lacks proper education about block chain.
Everywhere I see they say they want to use block chain but without crypto involved.
That’s not possible.

When people get educated and see the upside in crypto , I think ETN will have no problem in becoming one of the most used cryptos over here.

1 Like

That’s one advantage that ETN has though, since it’s essentially a KYC/AML compliant digital payments solution that does not require a bank account to use, it can market itself to consumers as that. They don’t even really need to mention crypto or blockchain in their marketing materials aimed at the 99% IMO.

All that does is add confusion to the equation anyways. But just about anyone can understand digital payment method.

Only blockchain enthusiasts care about that stuff. I could care less how paypal works as long as it works, same with credit cards or any other payment method.

2 Likes

Plus the fact that you could you recharge your mobile data with ETN would lure Indians like moths to a lightbulb.

2 Likes

haha, yeah no doubt.

2 Likes
Community Terms | Main Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy | Support Tickets | Main Website