We are down 10,000 mobile minors this is the opposite of viral growth what's the deal

Well I’ve had my say on support on here before which I found pretty underwhelming. It was pretty much no help whatsoever. Saying that, I don’t know of many other crytpo’s that even offer support so there is that. Then again, it would be pretty silly to say well no other crypto’s even have support so the level of our support can be poor and at least it’s better than nothing because the impression that support gives is the impression that person will have of the overall company. I think I saw some threads locked earlier today which I would have liked to comment on but obviously a higher authority had decided we won’t be allowed to talk about that and that’s that.

This is an approach I don’t like, especially from a centralized system, that is controlled by the same authority and it raises questions on where that power lays and how it will be used. I don’t think it’s lost on many people that the main idea of crypto currency is to remove the centralization of power from everything that it touches so there can be no interference or middle men. We find ourselves then in somewhat of a strange situation where we’re using decentralized technology, re centralizing it, adding in a middleman and giving control to a central authority. Now it seems slightly odd when you look at it like that.

However, I do believe there is a place with this type of structure. It depends heavily on trust of the users that Electroneum is that trusted party. That’s why it concerns me when I know of folk who have had there account blocked forever. Or when something is brought up and the thread is locked or deleted because you shouldn’t talk about that. It used to happen on the telegram group all the time. It’s censorship and it’s very very bad for Electroneum. I don’t know if it’s Electoneum’s policy or if it’s over eager admins who have power issues but I don’t like it one bit.

This is the whole problem isn’t it. Crypto is supposed to remove this “control” where someone can click a button and all of a sudden your post is gone or your account is blocked. it’s supposed to be decentralized from an authority, ie a central bank and controlled by no one. I don’t know, I’ve confused myself now lol

2 Likes

Who’s winning? You or your sister?

2 Likes

Lol here we go again @LordSF95 :joy: couldn’t expect any less from you :joy: We will see in a year who was running the wrong way :joy: :joy: Glad to still see you around, hopefully you don’t run to far things are about to get exciting.

Don’t fud yourself, see you later down the road friend :wave:

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m not required to take a selfie every week.
I just push extend every 1-5 days to prevent the miner stopping after 7 days

5 Likes

You can give someone a abacus but you can’t make them count, you can give someone a map that doesn’t mean they know the way. The facts can be right in front of their face that doesn’t mean they understand it. if they don’t understand it… It doesn’t work.

I think a lot of it is user error because there is “to much effort” to do it and not just a “moon” button.

3 Likes

This is true. I made two threads about it. One got deleted and one is locked here. I dont know why the ETN team reacts on critique like that… Negative reviews accumulating on playstore

The reason is clearly that people dont like taking selfies, see the reviews on google play. It’s very obvious, that people didnt really like the latest updates.

On the other hand I understand why you need some verification to keep bots outside. I just wonder if its worth it. I guess if you would just make it harder (not impossible) for bots its better for overall adoption of the mobile miner.

At the moment the selfie thing together with complicated KYC( it should be integrated flawless in the app) is whats holding many people back to support etn.

The premise of your thread was valid at current times sometimes I also wonder why threads are closed with no response with kyc and such some people need to be walked through it. There is no current response to your statement though we know the current situation. They have to keep out bots but keep it simple, they have to be kyc compliant but also user friendly, they have to make something people want to use and not a hassle. This is the first gen of cloud mining and kyc we can expect upgrades to the current process, perhaps they are already working on this issue and that is why your thread got deleted because there is nothing to do about it until a enhanced registration/user process. This is part of growing pains they had to change and adapt their system and now there is more steps because of the validity behind the system. Ease of use will come in time I agree with you simplicity is key but they also need to be compliant and make sure the system is secure. I’m guessing they have been working on this and they are going enhance process accordingly. They realize what’s going on they get all the support tickets. I agree with you it is of importance i just thought I would add this.

@CryptoMatt @Chris-FreeETNCentral

2 Likes

My first buy was at .16. '‘It will never be that price again they said’ hahahahahaha. Lucky for me, I just bought small amounts over a long period, and loaded up heavy at just around .055

1 Like

Yeah, I agree, I went away and was thinking about it and thought you know, this is only the first iteration of cloud mining and kyc and if they can see improvements they will obviously make them. I was just talking off the top of my head what I was thinking at the time.

Another thing I was thinking was that they intend to bring a fee for the instant payment and I hope that’s it’s a very small fee that doesn’t take away what I feel would be the main advantage for people to choose etn over other payment processors. I’m always thinking more about what pitfalls they may face and what things may be problematic and that’s what interests me. I think we all decided a long time ago that ETN is a brilliant project and we are all very passionate about it. I suppose it’s like when you have something you really care about, you are constantly scanning for things that may be problematic or harmful. The last thing I’d want to see is the project fails to reach its targets.

I think that maybe sometimes it’d be nice to hear more about things to feel a little more informed. I think it’s more a thing for me of being so deep into Electroneum to the point it’s now a part of my daily life that perhaps I spend too much time overthinking things.

I also don’t like to answer folk who are clearly having problems and invalidate what they’re saying because I’ve heard it a lot, from many people and seen it around and had a bad experience using support so I feel to say to someone, like the guy above anything other than a truthful account of how I perceive things would be wrong on my part.

So sometimes it’s not nice to say “bad” things about the things that you love, but you have to say them if that makes sense. I mean I could just say oh this reason explains this, this reason explains that and give a biased account of my experience but then I’m just lying to myself as much as I’d be lying to that person.

My experience with support wasn’t awful, they were perfectly polite in the first reply, I just never received any more correspondence after that reply. I was referred to a basic help section which I’d explained I’d already looked at, tried and waited which was why I was now contacting them to see if they could shed some light. It was a stuck transaction which had been stuck for some time and I was in a situation where a customer had paid money, I think around £80. I had sent off their etn to the blockchain and that’s where the problems began. In the troubleshooter, it said something along the lines of the transaction will retry and then will drop off. (don’t quote me on that, it was a while ago) anyway, I was trying to find out if the transaction would drop off or it would go through and there was just no answer, no help, just silence. The customer was very reasonable and after some days requested a refund, which I decided that in view of the situation, he hadn’t received his coins and that was unfair and that I would process the refund immediately.

I think it was the day after I processed the refund that the Electroneum actually didn’t drop off and went through to the user’s wallet. Luckily for me, the user was extremely honorable and repaid for the Electroneum. I think very highly of him for that and if he reads this, thank you, I respect that a lot.

So from my eyes at the time, and my first contact with the support I though my beautiful electroneum would respond with fantastic customer service and boy was I severely disappointed. So that causes me questions because if we’re dealing with people who are new to crypto, they need good support. The support you receive from a company, in my opinion, is one of the most important parts of any business. It’s where a business reputation is built or destroyed and Electroneum needs to have a good reputation especially when they need users to trust them.

So if I’m leaving that point of contact with Electroneum with such a bad taste in my mouth and I live for the thing, how is someone that is new/ having a problem going to perceive Electroneum as a company if they receive this level of service.

Maybe support is better now, I’ve not needed to use the support service since then. I just wonder though with so many people saying otherwise. I’ve had users on my site message me about the support etc, what can I tell them, that they’re wrong? I mean if the support was helping them then surely we wouldn’t have threads and users reporting that they are still stuck with problems.

I don’t know, I’m just discussing remember. I’ve not just decided today to come over and be mean to Electroneum or to the support, even though you know I’m saying my experience was not great, I don’t have nearly 3 million users to support and I’m sure that brings challenges that I cannot foresee, but what I can do is give my feedback and come here to say to other people what do you think and I think it’s always good to look for a wide variety of opinions to take everything into considrtion, even the fact that I may be wrong lol

5 Likes

I am a tad ahead but she is about to sign up someone so will be close.

1 Like

You’d best pull your socks up then haha! I tried with my brother to get him to stick with Electroneum but he got fed up with it. Now it’ll be me big softy that has to sort him out when Electoneum makes it big and he didn’t listen to me again lol

I love my brother but you know, what can I say lol

1 Like

My sisters play all those phone games all the time so I guess earning free ETN on the app is a no brainer for them ;)lol

It is always important to take everything into consideration and look at it from all angles. There is always going to be something that can be improved. They have limited team members they can designate to support team and it is prioritized to help those with kyc I’m pretty sure. I understand what you are saying and the support team is crucial, but realize there is only so much they can do day to day. I had to get help from the support team recently and it was very professional and in reasonable time. The circumstances were different but I expect it is always something they’re working on. With all the users imagine all the support tickets imo it’s better to fix the problem rather than try to fix every single users issue. Remember this is first gen they had to get the product out there and it works for me, for most, but they will make it better and easier for all, than support will have a better handle, they may even add more team we don’t know their plan but we can assume they know this and are striving for the best resolution as quick as possible. As on their roadmap they are planning for a enhanced registration process. Thank you for sharing your feedback

1 Like

Yeah it’s very easy to look at a football game for example and say oh, what are you doing etc but it’s very different actually being in the game. That’s why professional players are on the field and you’re sitting in the stand lol So yes, my ignorance of actually being in the situation is showing here a little.

I agree with what you’ve said, and the team have delivered and have overcome every problem that they have faced and I’m sure it will be the same result with this situation.

What’s nice is this thread didn’t turn into a pure ego contest and thank you for being not being one of those people. It’s the main reason I absolutely hate forums due to the constant battles where two users will increasingly insult each other until both declare themselves the winner of the pointless ego contest they’ve just wasted Two hours of their life on.

1 Like

I want my kids to take an interest in cryptocurrency but they just don’t care. 10 and 14, it’s boring they say. I’m not for trying to ram anything down their throats so I’ve left it for now lol

I agree with you and I look at the same things, there is always something to be improved. But like you said they have risen to every occasion and done what is necessary. They are on the grounds in South Africa I’m sure they are getting feedback first hand of the registration process and how it is being taken. They also recieve countless tickets to support so they know what needs to be improved. Like you said it is easy to look at it and say " this could be better, that could be better" but it is different to actually accomplish these things. Regardless the team has always figured out the best route, they understand the importance and will always make adjustments as needed, but they are not always instant. I think it is good to conversate about these things we don’t need to shy away from discussing a known issue but there will be a resolution that will come, so it is temporary. Hopefully we see it sooner rather than later.

2 Likes

To Crypto_guy… Argument is… with crypto you never know when will be the cheapest point to buy… and you can wait of course… but don’t be surprise if one day you wake up and it will be to late to invest

3 Likes

Show them what they can buy when it grows (with quality projects) and then they will start liking it. ;)lol

This is the kind of thing that worries me and I’ve seen this many many times. Along with other types of blocking of accounts for other reasons. It’s not KYC I have a problem with, it’s the fact that clearly people who are clearly stating that they are not moving over 150 a month but are being forced into higher tiers and if you don’t comply well your funds are “frozen” which is a pretty way of saying “stolen” because yes the etn may still be sitting in the account and the team may not touch it, but if you can’t access it, it’s technically not yours, it’s been taken from you.

I’ve seen this argument before that well it’s still there the team isn’t taking it for themselves. If I go to someone’s house and take their wallet then say oh it’s ok, I’m not stealing it, I’m just putting it over here in my safe that you will not be able to access unless you do whatever it is I’m telling you then that is still stealing. Previously I’ve also seen two cases of your account will not be unblocked due to “suspicious activity” and one of them, that I saw reported in this very forum was eventually overturned.

This is a serious issue. Blockchain is supposed to move us away from these issues. It’s also really bad for trust in Electroneum. Then we’ve got the responses below, which I don’t believe that Electroneum is simply just farming data and I don’t even believe that they are thieves either but something is not right here at all. I thought I was finished on this thread and I didn’t go looking for this post, I was checking on a post I had made in an Electroneum mining group when it caught my attention.

It’s starting to make me wonder if it is safe to keep coins within the centralized system or if one day they can just be taken from you and that is something I will not support. It defeats the purpose of cryptocurrency. If the account is to be closed there should be a way to remove the funds from the account if you do not want to continue. At the moment this is akin to being held to ransom.

Now I’m thinking if blockchain = transparency then does Electroneum = blockchain? Like the whole point of Blockchain is that it’s transparent. A public entity. You can see everything that goes on.

I think I remember Chris Gorman saying on a podcast with all the big etn youtubers how do we get the facts out there, how do we get the electroneum s**tcoin tag off. Maybe it’s to become more transparent with the actual operation of the “private” part of Electoneum, the company because the majority of folk in crypto are actually so hot on crypto for these actual reasons. So the idea that this big chunk of the coin is private will stop them from ever investing or taking Electroneum seriously.

Yes, I know, Electroneum are targeting the unbanked but let’s be clear, they would be in a much stronger position if a portion of the crypto space came into Electroneum and would benefit hugely if the coin was sitting at a higher price. What I mean by that is, they have a set amount of coins for the miner, if each coin was higher priced then they would give less coin but the same fiat value.

4 Likes

This is happening usually because of AML if accounts are being asked for higher teir, they are probably in a country on the AML black list. It’s also possible that using a VPN would trigger it…

But I agree it’s a bit of a mess and they need to reorganise the knowledge base and support structure fast.

This I think is wise. etn custodial wallets are not hack proof yet. I don’t want that to be the something big.

I also have some concerns about the way things are going with regard to support and reputation.
But maybe we are a bit off topic here… oh well. :slight_smile:

2 Likes