Want more ETN? Want to help stabilise ETN Price?

@Mr.Poink I wouldn’t recommend mining from your MacBook Pro
Puts way to much heat and stress on your system.
Don’t want to burn out that MacBook :wink:

Mining shouldn’t do any damage to modernish hardware. It does utilise the hardware to its capacity but doesn’t destroy it.
That being said i have never setup a miner on a Macbook only Windows.
My son’s Computer had an old i3 CPU and an old Geforce gtx 660 and that Machine was hashing 360 h/s generating 230 ETN per week or a smidge under 1000 per month. And thats an OLD Computer about 7yrs old i think.

I have been mining Stellite (XTL) for the past 3 months and have been converting XTL into BTC daily and have been purchasing ETN daily as I convert XTL into satoshi.

A PC hashing around 15 hashes a second is enough for difficulty of 500 or less on Cryptonight algorithm.

This is extremely effective! Need to pick the right coin to mine. I feel bad dumping XTL constantly, but I pay for my hardware, time and electricity.

1 Like

Don’t feel bad @cuddlesquid between those 2 i would choose ETN also :wink:

2 Likes

I almost did the same thing, I was about to buy some GPU’s and create a mining rig and luckily I didnt. Instead when I saw that ASIC mining was going to be allowed again I jumped on ebay and bought one for myself @ about $1700 thinking the price would go up as soon as people knew, or they would all be snatched up.

I have had the Antminer X3 a few months now and maybe mined about 40K ETN since then but now the rate per day is slowing. I get about 350 to 700 ETN per day, lately around 350… and I 'm thinking if I only had bought $1,700 worth of ETN today I would have been better off (325K ETN at today’s price).

I’ve been holding the ETN, not selling it… but I think I made a big mistake as it would take over two years at current difficulty to make the same amount of ETN…

That being said, what if ETN forks again? I’ll need to mine some other Cryptonight coin and try to hope I at least get my money back. Of course ETN will rise and I’l make my investment back and more, but not anything close to what I would have made just buying the dip instead…

Hindsight is 2020!

1 Like

Hi, How long did it initially take to sync, I’m just over 400 Days behind, I’ve sync’d about 25/30 days in just over a week, not sure if it will be worth sync-ing and start mining? Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks :wink:

there is a thread here where it is explained how to use a remote node as a parameter in CLI wallet so you don’t have to sync

2 Likes

:+1::+1::+1: Thank you for your help. Really appreciate the pointers

I have been through the same situation with only one difference I have got 3 times more of hash power than you that gives me around 36.000 of ETN each month, but then again this is a big investment that I hope will pays off one day. :grin:

Sorry but no.:neutral_face:

Not that bad as for Geforce gtx 660, nearly the same h/s as gtx 970 that gives me 420 h/s.

Sure does. As long as proper mining software, specific low difficulty type of coin to mine and a pool that will allow low enough difficulty.

An old computer capable of just 15h/s is able to produce a very little income. I can give you an example:

As you can see roughly 15 hashes a second will produce a share every 40 seconds on average at 500 difficulty mining coin called Stellite (XTL) :slight_smile: I convert XTL into Electroneum daily.

15h/s will produce an average of 44 XTL per day, 44 XTL is worth around 132 satoshi which becomes roughly around 1.5 Electroneum a day on just 15 hashes a second :joy:

If you think 1.5 Electroneum a day is good enough then Ok :+1:

Its not if 1.5 Electroneum a day is good enough.

Is 15 hashes a second good enough for 1.5 ETN a day and 15 hashes actually capable of obtaining coins. If posters machine can produce atleast 15 hashes a second they could learn a lot and still obtain some coins.

Ok now I see, all make sens, very clever approach, you get a lot for nearly 9M ETN a year and do not have to spend any cash on them what is more you still have the equipment that can be sold at any time, what would give you some return of initial investment, so whole amount of ETN that you got in fact will not cost you that much as it would, if you play out all well and sell all Asics at some stage ( of course if they will not loose value to much ) you may get all ETN nearly for free, of course there is cost of 25KW of electricity as well. My guess that was original plan in first place :+1:
hats off to you :grinning:

In conclusion, only wealthy man can save the money :thinking:

That was sooo good read… inspiring! !!

Yes, I also mine XTL with my laptop, making around 1000 a day. So if you don’t have a rig or any other mining hardware, mine low difficulty coins, as they can eventually rise in value.

2 Likes

If you do it right, overclocked gpu rig 40+ days up-time. I prefer GPU mining because of the freedom, I also feel like ASIC have to be upgraded more often :sob:

I’ve also been mining XTL for more than 3 months, but it gets converted to ETN :smiling_imp:

I hold XTL, as who knows what’s in store for the future with this project. Maybe it will rise like crazy, as other coins did.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your information regarding your mining strategy. I had a similar issue however it was changing from one setup to another during the fork which confused me and ever since ive not been able to figure out how to set up my pc and mine etn. I would be forever grateful if in some way you would be willing to make contact and walk me through your method and setup my pc to help level the playing field and soak up some ASIC dumped etn for the benefit of everyone. Please email me for a swap of contacts. brentewins@gmail.com