Using the ETN Instant Payment API

Hi, I have thought about this and I think its relevant to talk about security and privacy as for the users of Electroneum Instant Pay.

Security: The users email address is supplied to the merchant by default. This does imposes risk to the users as their login username to their Electroneum account is compromised. I think this should be avoided at all cost to for the safety of Electroneum platform and for the user.

Privacy: Performing a purchase at a store/online does not and should not entitle the merchant to establish a relationship with the customer as it could be misused or, simple enough, you might not want wish to leave your contact info as you prefer to be anonymous to the merchant. Imo, this should be opt-in.

A solution would be to have three options available for giving your information out when performing a purchase.

1. Always
  2. Ask
  3. Never

Another solution would be to have an alternative email registered, considered public, in the system that would be handed out to the merchant.

Whatā€™s your thoughts regarding this?

2 Likes

Thanks, I donā€™t expect to be selling much for ETN to be honest, but itā€™s a bit of publicity, a few people who havenā€™t heard of it yet can find out about it, and I can tell them they can get a bit for free on their phones. Whether they actually come back and spend it with me Iā€™m not bothered.

I think Iā€™m going to need a Dummies guide.

1 Like

We are on it ! on weekend weā€™ll put together all relevant post s hereā€¦

1 Like

Just making sure I have understood correctlyā€¦ this method would not be using the instant payment app, but just a normal transfer?

For mail order that should be fine, it does not have to be instant (as long as no major delays).

I probably signed up to vendor app for nothing, oh well it will just be a dead account I suppose.

It will be a normal transfer, but still instant. Try sending someone some ETN and see how fast it shows up. But yeah, you wonā€™t be using the vendor API and therefore wonā€™t be needing an account.

1 Like

Can someone release the example code for making a web button to accept it?

Seems like you need to be an experienced PHP programmer to do this. $50 to anyone who can integrate this into my website when the vendor thing goes live. /u/UnFollo or UnFolloNetwork@gmail.com

1 Like

My website is in PHP. Any example code for this would be great as opposed to just guidelines. A simple click of the button with dependencies in a separate file and checkout.

Hi,
i am integrating the API webhook with Javascript, however i tried to use libraries for the SHA256, it just couldnā€™t match the SIGNATUREā€¦ anyone else had this issue?

And if you scroll to the bottom of the page here, itā€™s basically @Corentinā€™s demo from github above, with minor modifications! Works like a charm!!

1 Like

I have a social network and a lot of my users are asking me for a crypto way to pay for pro memberships. I didnā€™t want to go with BTC but there are so many plug and play ways to accept BTC.

@Corentin isā€¦ highly recommended ; )

2 Likes

If anyone is interested in a C# DotNet core API, I can look into this.

2 Likes

So if I have this correct this is an API which will allow instant payments but no IPN yet meaning you couldnā€™t really use it for automation where a customer buys a product and it is delivered when confirmed automatically?

Also I notice there are no custom parameters like for example a customers username so the sale can be attributed to their account.
There is a way around that however it relies on the ETN user having the same registered email as the one used onsite. Can you not just add a custom variable like all the other APIs like Custom1 for example?

Actually I have been able to do something similar with Zapierā€”if I am understanding you correctly. You can set confirmation (API hook) as trigger and tie that to an action, even with conditionals. E.g. I can use payment confirmation as the trigger and then the action is to enrol the person on the course they have just paid forā€¦ Bit of a work around but certainly possibleā€¦

1 Like

The PHP library has been updated to v0.1.1 (release notes below).

Please update your integrations using the beta branch. If using composer, remember to use the dev-beta version; for example composer update electroneum/vendor-php dev-beta.

Please see the repo for full details: github.com/electroneum/vendor-php.

v0.1.1

This is the v0.1.1 point release of the Electroneum vendor PHP library. This release presents minor bug fixes.

Fixes

Payload order of payment poll
Use cUrl in currencyToEtn(), if available, over file_get_contents()

General

README updated with remote API updates

github.com/electroneum/vendor-php/pull/2

Egg

1 Like

Brill. Thank you for that!! :+1::+1:

2 Likes

Hi! We have built a fully reusable web component, check it out on NPM https://www.npmjs.com/package/@palmabit/etn-vendor-payment.
Here an example of usage: https://codepen.io/ffrancesco/pen/yRaEam

3 Likes

But ā€œCzech Korunaā€ is rightā€¦

Yea, but ā€œCzech Repucalic Korunaā€ was not. Now it is good, has been fixed.

3 Likes