Update 17/05/19

Good afternoon all,

As promised, I’ve put together an update on what’s been happening over the last few weeks. It’s a bit of a short update, but I wanted to make sure you were all up-to-date and cover a few things that occurred this week.

Remember, announcements/ important news will always be released via social media, so make sure to follow if you aren’t already:

facebook
twitter
instagram

Phone App update

Update 4.1.0 was released earlier this week. We were in close contact with Apple during the first 48 hours as a problem in the App Store delayed IOS being rolled out. This has been resolved by Apple and should now be available for all users, apologies for the delay.

V4.1.0 includes the new 60 second onboarding process. If you remember back to Richards video last month, the new process was identified as part of the work done in South Africa to make it easier for people to sign up and get started. We are excited about how the changes will be received on the ground and will be monitoring feedback directly in SA.

Also, a quick thank you to the community for your feedback over the last few days. A small bug was identified on IOS whereby the “Back” button image is not showing on the transaction screen. It has been passed to the developers to resolve. In the meantime, you can still close the page by clicking where the button should be (top left corner of the screen).

M1 Phone

The M1 phone is back in stock on Amazon and available for purchase.

We had some queries from the community regarding the time it took to restock, so I wanted to take this opportunity to shed some light.

The primary goal of the M1 is to raise brand awareness and help with virality. We have seen a great deal of demand from our existing community (more than we expected). However, during these early days of release, while we are still finding our feet with manufacturing and distribution times, we must ensure that we can meet the needs of vendors on the ground in our target locations as well as orders from places like Amazon.

It will take us some time to find the right balance, but we will continue to analyse demand so that we can tailor supply to meet all needs moving forward. Thank you for you patience and if you have purchased an M1 phone, we would love to hear how you are finding it. Why not send us a tweet to let us know how you are getting on.

Blockchain Update

There has been a great deal of discussion in the community regarding several key aspects of the ETN blockchain.

The blockchain developers have been working extremely hard on our private repo coding a range of changes and improvements ready for the next update (referred to as a “fork” or software update).

It has not been finalised as to which changes will be included in the next release, thus unfortunately I am not allowed to give any specifics at this time.

As soon as the decision has been made, and testing is complete, an announcement will be released.

Support – Specifically KYC (Know Your Customer)

Lastly, we are excited to announce that our support team is growing as we have recently recruited 3 new members of staff to help with the KYC/selfie submissions. This should help speed up the process for users as well as provide more support for our Live Chat service that was mentioned in my last update. Please join me in welcoming them to the team.

That’s all for this week. I will try to get another update out in a few weeks.

All the best.

:arrow_right: PREVIOUS UPDATE 03-MAY-19

Thanks for update :slight_smile:

super happy for 3 new people for KYC…much needed :slight_smile:

9 Likes

This is great. This is the real thing it is so good to get a update like this THX :grinning:

7 Likes

Thx Rach for nice update… have a lovely weekend to you and all ETN team!

6 Likes

Thank you for the update :+1:t2::smiley:

6 Likes

any news on gig.guru?

4 Likes

Thanks for the quick note. I would like to hear more about how the trial is going. It has been 3 months since MWC19 started and the trial was set for a three month timeline. Is that trial being extended? When can we expect to hear more about it?

5 Likes

Thanks @Rach - have a great weekend :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thank you for these updates @Rach! :grin:

To all the team, you, and this community, make it a great weekend!

5 Likes

Great update and more staff onboard can only mean good things for the community. Welcome :smiley: Hoping the app update is a success as rewarding the people on the ground in the key areas should magnify etns success and growth. Keep up the great work.

4 Likes

That does not answer any question. That is just a statement being passed as an answer to a question I didn’t ask (I am not trying to be cheeky).

While it is awesome, I am asking how much more time the trial needs considering Richard himself stated they already smashed all the requirements they sought to hit in 2/3 the time. What are some of those milestones they smashed? Do we look good to get out of a trial phase and move to a live phase? Stuff like that, of real substance and info engagement.

5 Likes

Thanks for the update, @Rach! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thank you for update :smiley:

4 Likes

Thank you very much for the update @Rach, much appreciated as always. I hope you and the whole team have a wonderful weekend. :grin:

4 Likes

Thanks for the update @Rach
Any chance we can arrange a Q&A with Richard on Friday the 31st?

5 Likes

Thank you for the Update @Rach

4 Likes

Thank you very much for the update, @Rach. Hoping you and the team have a lovely weekend :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I appreciate the update @Rach :+1::wave: keep up the hard work team :zap:

3 Likes