Unanswered questions

I’m a little bit late to this party, but good to see the regulars again.

I thought the video by Richard / ETN was decent and I always think he comes across very professionally - he is my main source of hope, obviously in conjunction with the team he orchestrates.

However, having watched the video - my first question was about the unmentioned patent.

I would have liked that to be addressed.

I also do not think the OP was inherently negative.

3 Likes

@Jo_Boo Here’s the link to the ongoing patent application

It can take 18 months or longer, maybe even up to four years, to have a patent granted. The ETN hybrid blockchain transaction system patent was lodged in April 2018 so I am not expecting any news for a few months yet, although I’m no patent expert.

I’m sure when it is granted ETN will let us know :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Didn’t think of The Unlimited not advertising to keep the numbers clean and neutral. That totally makes sense :blush:

2 Likes

Didn’t realise we could view the filing. That’s pretty cool, now if I ever wonder I can just come to this thread and look it up, thanks :blush:

3 Likes

Its becoming very tiring seeing people asking questions on this forum and getting told there being hostile or not supporting ETN its making me come on here less and less, such a shame…

3 Likes

I think the way how the questions was asked was bad e.g. “Will etn seek to get on bigger exchanges or is Richard too cheap for that?”. For me that is sound rough…

Granted wasn’t the best wording yes… I have been a member of the forum since the first day it opened and check in almost everyday I have just noticed a rise recently in people shouting FUD at people asking questions or getting annoyed very easily if people question stuff… There was alot of actual FUD before and people seemed to brush it off and laugh about it but latley it just feels to me like even genuine questions are getting a bad reaction. Its making me engage less in the forum but I get people are alittle on edge because of the current price and market just feels like its not helping the situation but Im just an idiot at a keyboard what do I now haha :laughing:

4 Likes

Hi all. If you rearead @HBomb post, they are jjst questions and he even says that richard invited questions on the forum. His questions are valid whether the answer has been given or not before because questions do not equal fud. We have to be careful that in trying to defend etn we are not tearing down the very community we’ve come to love assuming they are fudding. Some people may even sound like they are fudding but are really just sad and just need some encouragement and reminders of the projects potential. Lets try to not be quick to judge the posts. Questions are okay. Baseless accusations, name calling, and lies about the project or users is not okay. Thats the differrnce we should keep in mind. :pray::+1::heart:

5 Likes

@Rach

I also have a question that I’ve asked before, but has gone unanswered:

With so many companies starting to accept cryptocurrency as payment, must they pay ETN (for patent use) when the ETN patent gets approved, or do these companies have patents of their own?

If they have their own patents, what would be so special about the ETN patent, when approved?

Thank you so much for your reply.

https://blocksdecoded.com/companies-accept-bitcoin-cryptocurrencies/

@Rach
I have one question too… long time it is in my mind… how active miners on app work? Recently every day we have around 1500 new registered users but… active miners number is not growing even close to that. What is a reason? How it works? Thx
If that was already explained and I miss it… could anyone give a link to that?

2 Likes

ETN’s patent will only cover there method of instant payments meaning other companies can’t copy or use there technology so it is protected and only they can you use it. Some other coins already have instant payments not that many. I don’t think and Im not sure if they are protected. What it means is others might see ETN’s instant payment method and think thats awesome but they can’t use it themselves they would have to invent a different way of doing it or maybe team up with ETN in someway.

The patent is more to protect ETN’s method from being copied/stolen so if another coin uses there own they will have had to design it themselves and it be diffarent to ETN’s system so they could very well design there own system that could potentially be better in someway. ETN have said in the past they want to allow other coins to use there app but this was awhile ago and we didn’t have much detail like if instant payment would be supported and so on.

Thanks

I have the app installed, but I don’t mine, not all registered users cloud mine.

1 Like

It’s really hard to say without comment from ETN as they have all the statistics but I think a large amount of the wallets are from Investors who got a wallet bought some ETN and just left it at that they are not interested in mining a small amount of ETN.

Without knowing more details on the amount of users ETN has like how many of these wallets are active as in have been used in the past month or so for example alot of people may have made an account just to see what its about then left the app never to use it again. I think currently the majority of users on ETN are western users and they don’t really need to mine as you get so little. Over time as more people join from poorer countries they should have more insensitive to mine but without knowing more this is just speculation.

Bega’s point is also very likely that alot of people have web wallets and don’t use the app which has the mobile miner on.

1 Like

Thx… I can see that all is speculation… that is the reason I would like to get that answer from RE… hope we will get one day :wink:

Sorry I didn’r realize you had quoted Rach… slaps self :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Thanks, Danny. I somehow had it in my head that ETN had THE ONLY WAY to transfer money with Crypto or at least, the VERY BEST WAY. I thought ETN was going to make a fortune licensing their technology to others. That’s what I thought of when I thought of the “Monster Deals” Richard mentioned a while back.

Heres a good video about ETN’s patent. Imo, it basically covers/protect the idea of having a cryptocurrency being instantly transfer from mobile to mobile with a hybridized structure. That being a centralized App that acts as the notification between two parties, which facilitates transactions onto a decentralized blockchain.

1 Like

The reason I thought ETN would be successful and still do is because of it’s ease of use, I still have not seen another that is as simple to use in my opinion, I mean I could get someone setup and using it within minutes. Most of you like me are probably pretty good with tech but go use other coins there annoying so no way is your average joe going to even give them a chance that was the first thing I noticed in Crypto I was like what wallet do a download theres like 3, where do I store my crypto is it safe bla bla. ETN was straight forward and easy so I was sold.

Also since its a decentralized blockchain with a centralized app I still think this is a huge strong point… not for everyone of course since blockchain was kind of created not to be centralized in anyway but you could argue thats not even true right now for many of the coins.

The tech is super important but some of the coins are years off with there tech and might fall behind, if ETN can get into some of the markets first and make a huge name for themselves what stopping them bringing in tech later or buying from other coins its entirely possible. Simply getting in first could be enough to carry is through I think, there are some other coins with very impressive tech but I just don’t think there user friendly at all even after all this time.

It’s kind of like when computers first came out they were really complicated and no one cared about them they were just for nerds and no one thought so called normal people would ever use them. When the user interface came along like windows and having a mouse pointer they took off because they were easy to use. I think this is where ETN could shine since I still feel its the only coin getting this point, people really don’t care they just want it to be easy. User numbers offer a huge advantage, I think even if ETN can achieve a huge userbase some of the other stuff dosen’t matter as much right now, were almost at 3million were not doing to bad but who knows what the future holds.

5 Likes

@sallypinkhair thanks for the link regarding patent.

I understand these things can of course take time and I’m not trying to express impatience on this.

But it hasn’t been addressed by Richard in what seems a long time and this is my concern, particularly with the huge excitement Richard originally spoke about it.

Just an update, even if that means saying currently there is no update - at least it gets addressed.