Trusted remote node

I think we need a trusted remote node, perhaps an official remote node for those who have limited HDD space and run cli. Many people have paper wallets and it gets difficult keeping up a copy of the whole blockchain. This also makes sense now after the latest fork.

I have an ETN node running with the new software working great 50 peer connections.
I would be willing to leave it running 24/7 365 as it is on a datacenter with full commercial support, unlimited bandwidth and 2 separate fiber connections for redundancy.

I’m just not sure how to get it approved as a trusted node?

2 Likes

Would you let us use it? thanks.

1 Like

I second this. Hashvault was the only public node I knew, now it is closed and I’m unable to access my offline wallet.

I cant run full node due to storage, data and internet connectivity issue, situation I’m sure many other users are in.

1 Like

I second that. Can we please have a trusted remote node again @andrepatta ?

Keeping a full node updated is easy, but installing one from scratch takes too much time, space and effort…

2 Likes

I’m just reading up on how to set one up… Azure credits from work can come in handy at times :slight_smile:

@Rach do I need any permission to do this or can i just crack on??

1 Like

I will check the possibility of setting an official remote node with the team, although having multiple remote nodes from the community members would be best IMO.

3 Likes

Go for it man! :smiley:

3 Likes

I’m on my 4th attempt:

• First one didnt have enough RAM and was taking an age to import the blockchain.
  • Second one ran out of hard drive space
  • Third one I thought I’d try sync’ing the blockchain from scratch and thats taking far too long
  • Fourth one is now about 1/3 of the way through the import and making good progress but i’ve really over-spec’d the VM for it and will wind it back once imported

5th attempt - ran out of space again not realising it would still try to import the blockchain into a specific folder so I’ve manually set where to import it to

5 attempts, 50GB of storage and 11 hours later, I have a synchronised node. If anyone is able to test it for me, please send me a DM and then i’ll open it up for all to use

Good idea, but we still need ETN to host a “MoneroWorld”-like server ( https://moneroworld.com/#nodes ) scripting / “sniffing out” community members sharing their node by RPC on port 8081 (is this the correct port?). The community could for instance reach these nodes by using
–daemon-host=nodes.electroneum.com:8081

I’m not running my node 24/7, it’s more like like 8/5

I’m willing to run and share my node 8/5

darn, I’m lost. What would be the correct options/settings/daemon_command ?
./electroneumd --rpc-bind-ip 0.0.0.0 --rpc-bind-port 8081 --restricted-rpc --confirm-external-bind --public-node

**Failed to parse arguments: unrecognised option '--public-node'**

Just skip the --public-node command?

(EDIT: changed port)

1 Like

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 12 hours unless flagged)

This evening @RSKNOR and I have been playing with a remote node for the community. I have set one up that kind of works - it seems to have issues with multiple connections and is a bit slow even though the server is doing nothing. In any case, it is there for people to use if they want and without support or warranty. When starting your CLI wallet, you need to add: --daemon-host=52.138.176.219:26968

Example: Linux: ./electroneum-wallet-cli --daemon-host=52.138.176.219:26968
Example Windows: electroneum-wallet-cli --daemon-host=52.138.176.219:26968

Once again, there is no support nor warranty with this.

@Rach - is there a developer I can talk to about the experiences during the testing?

2 Likes

I’m testing it right now

EDIT: Not able to connect right now, will try again.

EDIT 2: Works perfectly with new port.
Thanks a lot

Wrong port, we decided to go for port 8081. Check this out:

2 Likes

How did you get on with the new port - 8081???

Windows: electroneum-wallet-cli.exe --daemon-host=52.138.176.219:8081
Linux: ./electroneum-wallet-cli --daemon-host=52.138.176.219:8081

2 Likes

Works perfectly with new port.
Thanks a lot

2 Likes

Great stuff, glad it works well for you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, I’m unable to connect to the daemon, is the remote node up and running ?