TICKET 753c04a5a9f7010c2fd2] NOT RESOLVED

753c04a5a9f7010c2fd2

6d

YOU DID NOT REPLY TO THE BELOW REQUEST FOR OVER A WEEK, THEN YOU FINALLY SENT ME AN EMAIL TODAY ASKING IF THE ISSUE WAS RESOLVED BUT CLOSED THE TICKET AFTER 4 HOURS WITHOUT GIVING ME A CHANGE TO SAY NO THE ISSUE HAS NOT BEEN RESOLVED…SO I HAVE REOPENED A NEW TICKET SAME ISSUE…

LOOK ETN PEOPLE, THIS WHOLE KYC PROCESS IS REALLY FRUSTRATING BECAUSE OF MY TIME YOU HAVE WASTED AND LACK OF PROGRESS…PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE JUST TELL ME HOW TO GET THRU KYC 3 asap so I CAN GET OFF THIS PLATFORM…WHICH IS JUST HORRIBLE…

I have opened a YOTI account using a smart phone, uploaded my passport successfully, but when I login to my ETN account I cannot find anymore the ‘scan with Yoti’ QR code that is referenced under How to complete KYC Level 2 and 3 Identity Verifcation/ Final Step.

Specifically when I click on Settings / Your Profile , the Final Step indicates that I should scan a QR code using Yoti BUT THERE IS NO YOTI QR CODE TO BE FOUND when I click on my profile.

Guys this process is really unnecessarily complicated, so far it has been a 3 hour waste of my time over several days with no progress. I simply wish to get verified at L2 and 3 as you have instructed me to do. How about some timely help?

They’ll attend to you