The Space Thread - Discussing all things space!

While I’m on the Starship, someone did an amazing rendering of what they’re going to look like upon full completion and they’re beautiful!

3 Likes

Another subject to bring up which is key to the future of space travel is the debris! It’s such a huge problem and there are some people working on this issue. One of the big ones I follow now is Astroscale and there are others of course but I love seeing this issue being tackled. We need to clear all the garbage out asap before it get’s much worse.

I thought I’d bring some attention to them since they deserve it.

https://astroscale.com/

They’re working on several methods now to help correct this problem. Can’t wait to see their solutions evolve over time.

2 Likes

Time for another fun rocket launch to watch!

United Launch Alliance will be launching the NROL-71 satellite for the US National Reconnaissance Office on a Delta IV Heavy from Space Launch Complex 6 at the Vandenberg Air Force Base.

Wasn’t there an idea to send out hundreds of little debris catchers out of one launch and they would collect it then either burn up in atmosphere or go into the ship them come back … something like that lol.

Will watch this one should be a nice launch ( reminder set )I always wanted to watch the sts launches live but they cancelled it…
Maybe one day I’ll catch the Orion launch

1 Like

Yep, Astroscale is just one company but all of them are working on a multitude of different ways to catch debris and in some cases use a laser to just vaporize it entirely. Also, Elon mentioned if I recall using the Starship to help remove some of it possibly too.

We’re going to see a lot of cool things come out to combat the debris problem. Also once we colonize Mars, we’re going to be really prepared to prevent that entirely there as well as other moons/planets we colonize.

1 Like

They just need this tbh

1kvpLb6_d

Sorry I couldn’t resist… On a serious note it’s fantastic that they are trying to do something as there is a lot of junk that needs collecting .

Thanks for the updates on the topic very interesting @J5Alive :clap:

3 Likes

Lmao Mega Maid! The joke I can’t post here, but you know what one it is haha.

Spaceballs is sooo funny, I love that movie it’s comedy gold.

And to toss this in, you know where Tesla got the Ludicrous mode from haha.

533e26bd14ce97d4818be53fb174794f

You’re most welcome @Plankton_ETN , I got an endless amount more to post too, we’re gonna break the 10k post here Lol.

3 Likes

Hahahaha you beat me too it that was my next picture to post hahahhahaha … superb film … may the Schwartz be with you…

2 Likes

Lol, that saying will be forever stuck in my head. That’s hilarious, soon as you posted something Spaceballs related that’s the first response I had pop in my head. :joy:

2 Likes

Hahahahhaha , I won’t derail the thread hahahaha .

1 Like

Lol it’s alright, just a small one it’s impossible not to sometimes on any thread and well technically the movie often takes place in Space at least.

Back to the normal topics! That launch should be pretty cool tomorrow. Everyday Astronaut does an awesome job hosting these launches. If you didn’t check out his site yet, he has a list of most upcoming launches in general which is always being updated.

1 Like

We’ve got a super blood moon coming this weekend. I saw one about 2 years ago and it is such a cool thing to see when you have a good view.

2 Likes

Wow, thanks for the heads up about the super blood moon. They are incredibly beautiful. Although it’s said they can trigger earthquakes?

2 Likes

From what I’m reading that’s not the case, most sources making that claim are unable to back it with solid science. I wouldn’t worry on an earthquake.

High tides and earthquakes

These rumours have clearly frightened some believers, but how much truth is there that a lunar eclipse will trigger a devastating earthquake?

According to the evidence, a categorical “none”, says the British Geological Society, with studies showing the coincidence of earthquakes and the phases of the moon were entirely random.

2 Likes

They are totally beautiful, the one I saw a couple years ago was my first and I just couldn’t stop staring! I wished I had a high end camera for that, it’d be awesome to film one with a RED camera. That’s the same ones most Hollywood studios use.

1 Like

Blue Origin to Launch 10th New Shepard Test Flight Monday

Another interesting company to keep an eye on owned by Jeff Bezo’s who own’s Amazon.

1 Like

When I was around 12 years old I lived in Southend on sea Essex …
Right near the beach , perfectly clear
Summers evening
I remember it vividly . Was around 5-6pm light was just going down .

I remember walking to the top of the forest walk near my house which leads into the main road to the beach just up from the pier.

Southend Pier is a major landmark Southend pier Extends 1.34 miles (2.16 km) into the [Thames Estuary it is the longest pleasure pier in the world

And sitting on the end of the pier

Was a red moon , nothing I have seen or witnessed since . I’m not kidding when I say it filled the sky . I remember saying to my friend , that looks like it is going to hit .

It’s hard to describe it , like your standing a foot away from the moon but seeing it from a mile and a half away … in your face …

Unbelievable , the worst part of it is o still can’t find any pictures of it . A few articles in the papers but that’s it…

3 Likes

Wow, that’s as perfect a spot for a clear view as a person could even get. I can only imagine in my head how magnificent it must have been. Just mind blowing, our universe and everything in it is just truly incredible.

I’ll have to add that place to my never ending bucket list of places to visit now!

Another thing I’d really like to see I find equally amazing is the aurora borealis ( Northern Lights ) which I’ve never had a chance to see. That also looks like something incredibly to witness.

1 Like

I agree @BegaMutex, lot’s of new rocket companies springing up all over now. I support all of them, the more the merrier and the quicker we become a multi planetary species. Sooo much progress is being made & that’s another thing I like about Elon, he just wants to see every rocket company succeed.

Much like his view with Tesla, he released many of their patents just to see every auto manufacturer build great ev’s. It’s all about bettering life for all of humanity as it should be. It’s a beautiful thing to see.

1 Like

This !!! I’ve never seen it … Definitely on the bucket list

1 Like