The problem with Electroneum (ETN)

Oh well

i am amazed by this well researched article …NOT (irony)

“Tron Weekly Journal”, lol…

Yaaaaaaaaaaawnnnn. Next. :sleeping:

I don’t know why this user links this $hit here.

You might imagine a person should be able to decipher between an intelligent well written article (positive or negative) and this drivel written by a poor excuse for a journalist.

Please stop linking this crap here.

2 Likes

Yes. A stable coin (ish) is going to ruin us. Are there eyeroll gifs in here?

3 Likes

I just saw a guy on youtube saying that when ETN reaches a dollar, the team will release more ETN to keep the price at a dollar and that the reason for the two decimal places…to replicate fiat. I’m so sick of ideas like this being floated…

4 Likes

Richard did say in a previous video a long time ago that he liked the idea of keeping just 2 decimal places for ETN so it more accurately reflected fiat currencies and therefore easier to deal with than the 8 of BTC.

They cant release new coins without a fork and would need appropriate compensation to those already holding else there’d be a lot of bad feeling

1 Like

Increasing the supply when ETN hits 1 dollar would be a good thing for the Electroneum ecosystem. Of course if overall supply increases by X%, so does your amount. You would hold the exact same value in ETN but have more ETN.
VEChain increased its its overall supply about a year ago using the same methodology.

Nothing to worry about. Besides, that would mean we all hit the jackpot. We can only hope value rises to the point where supply needs to increase.

3 Likes

I see your point, but if that is their intention, I think they should just come out and say it.

1 Like

Most people wouldn’t consider ETN hitting 1 dollar as hitting the jackpot. Nice yes but not the jackpot in crypto terms.

If indeed the point of having two decimal places is to keep ETN at 1 dollar, then a) why show the fiat value in the app, if the value is going to always be the same, b) that means they’ve known from the beginning that this was the plan, and basically lied by omission by not stating it outright. don’t you think that would be something investors would want to know?

I would consider any investment that shot up 200x a massive jackpot win. To each their own.

2 Likes