The ETN Fomosapien Rocket To Mars’ Moons Club. Vol2; It’s all about the Gig

Easy…he was just expressing an opinion…you made your point…let it goooo…altho it is nice to see some posts in here again…I think the crickets even left cause it was to quiet in here…

4 Likes

No, there should not IMO. They already have a mission to succeed, for themselves as a business, their business partners and the users of the product (ie. the app, the instant payment, Anytasks and all that stuff). “Success” from an investors point of view should derive from that, though it’s not a given (at least not in a specific timeframe).

We as investors have taken a gamble, there have been many opportunities to make profits if that is how we want to play it. Anyone who is not a trader but a long term HODLer needs to think long term.

Of course there is the aspect of the “community” (but a community of users or a community of investors?) Should the community be “rewarded” with price gains? It’s not within their power to give! We have seen price not respond to positive developments on so many occasions, it’s not just that it goes down through missed deadlines, it doesn’t go up with met deadlines either. A community of users would be better than one of disgruntled investors that we are better off without.

An increase in value is, so they say, designed into crypto… at least into successful ones when user numbers and money velocity and all that come into play. That’s where I look as an investor for the gains… the team does the nuts and bolts things to make it possible, but those things alone don’t pump the price. Back in 2017 they would have done, we’d have hit $5 just on the hype then dropped back down all the way. In a way it’s good they launched when most of the boom was over. Our gains will be real gains, not the sort of speculative froth that people laugh at crypto for. That’s how I see it anyway.

4 Likes

People don’t read stuff properly, short attention spans. I’ve been dealing with a printing company this week trying to get a job finished off, had to ask them three times to make some changes, “oh we’ve done it”… “err, no you haven’t, you need to read ALL of my email not just the first few lines!”. It seems you can’t actually ask some people to do two things in the same message because they will only do one of them, think what a good boy am I, click “save” and “send”. You actually have to ask them to do ONE THING. Wait til they’ve done it. Say, yes, very good thank you then ask for THING NUMBER TWO the next day, then THING NUMBER THREE the day after.

Sorry for the rant, but such numpties. :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Ahh in my region, that form of speech would generally indicate given the context that ‘‘the project is not going away’’ but I understand the confusion. Western Canadian, eh.

4 Likes

It was my first coffee of the day, what can I say lol

4 Likes

I figured…After I re-read a few times I understood the meaning…

4 Likes

I can see why people have an expectation. If, like you say it was an equity, then the company has a duty to the shareholders to deliver dividend payments and/or capital growth.

In our case the capital growth is the equivalent of the value of the coin relative to other currencies (both fiat and crypto).

If I exchange my euros for pounds today because I think we have a good Brexit deal and the value of the pound will increase, does the Bank of England, H.M. Treasury owe me the expected increase? No. The gain will come if I have gambled correctly. If it doesn’t work out do I blame the politicians, or British industry? No. Is this a fair comparison to a small coin like ETN?

We aren’t shareholders or members of the team, but yes, we are financial backers, those of us who bought at ICO. However there is no contract, no signed piece of paper, nothing to say what they must deliver in return or that our investment will increase. If for some reason they wanted the value to be less than it is now, we have no comeback, we can’t turn up at an AGM and demand that heads will roll! Such is the fate of the crypto investor!

It is like betting on a horse, nobody will listen to you when you cry because that horse has lost the race. It’s enough to know that the jockey, the owner are all trying their best (yes I know this doesn’t always happen so that’s where the analogy with horse racing breaks down!). We all understand the gains that CAN be made, and our community involvement variously will be to help achieve that in the longer term, or to simply help create use cases to make a cool product for ourselves and others. Most here are probably in the former camp.

6 Likes

Yep, great point.

People need to be very mindful of what they ask for because they.might just get it.

I remember when during the ico Richard would regularly post on bitcointalk and telegram but the whiners drove him away.

Less news is less hype is lower price.

Sure missed dates aren’t the best but if you know that when Richard gives us glimpses of the future it may be delayed, folks shouldn’t get annoyed when it happens. They do it to themselves.

2 Likes

Haha that gave me a laugh. I’ve noticed the same thing with email directions.

1 Like

Actually, an ICO is more like a kickstarter (or whatever crowdsource project you guys use).

We put up money to get a product. In return, the company gets operating capital to develop said product. We’re not buying shares, we’re buying a product. This is not an investment in a company, it’s an investment in a product which we hope will appreciate in value. (Similar to the idea of buying a Star Wars toy to sell down the road). That’s a very important distinction that would be wise to bear in mind.

5 Likes

Well that depends if you are looking at the Electroneum Ltd product (almost delivered now), or at ETN the coin. We kick started the product, but the coin itself… the analogy is more with forex.

2 Likes

Well, we got a nice list of countries and continents today from Olivier. I’m happy with the list knowing they are coming, the “don’t know when” doesn’t bother me at all. We’re lucky to just have one telco in one country never mind anything else… I’m sure there must have been times when it looked like lawyers and accountants would scupper the whole thing.

3 Likes

Thats insane… ALL of Africa and Asia? Those are the two largest continents with many many countries!

4 Likes

I think it’s perfectly fine to be disappointed with proposed dates passing by.

Back in August Olivier said:

We were launching a hardware wallet ‘in a few weeks’.

Gigfair should be ready ‘no later than the end of September.’

If you’re a supporter of Electroneum and you hear this from their PR guy then surely you are well within your rights to expect these things and feel disappointed when they don’t happen.

That doesn’t automatically make you a fudder or mean you don’t support the project.

Yes, execution and timings, legal stuff, strategic planning, waiting on others, red tape etc etc may mean there are delays.

But I’d find it weird if people didn’t question why things weren’t happening.

18 Likes

It is all about honesty. I am glad he said he has know idea “when” all those other countries will go live. It lets me know the bigger picture, but doesn’t give me a false hope of these things happening by a stated time, then it not happening when they said it would. All about honesty.

Do the British remember Bagdad Bob? In America, we called Sadam Hussain’s PR guy Bagdad Bob, because he always gave an obviously false picture of reality. It was actually kind of funny. No the PR guy at ETN is not Bagdad Bob. I like him and really appreciate the information he gives us. I hope yall all have a great weekend.

5 Likes

It’s OK to ask questions but some people seem to think it’s the end of the world!

Though I do agree it’s sort of funny when he says they are going to keep more stuff as a nice surprise, and then comes out with a huge list of places! :smile:

5 Likes

But saying “should be the end of September” is also being honest, but then something changes.

Personally I don’t care what month it is, they are just numbers on a calendar and have no meaning.

2 Likes

He did say ‘whole of Africa’.

That’s 54 countries I’m expecting, no fewer.

Don’t come at me with 53.

I’m screenshotting it.

6 Likes

Well, the bottom line now is that these projections should smooth out over time. Once anytask goes into beta, now we have some meat on the bone.

4 Likes

Oh yes, I think we called him Comical Ali, denying that an invasion was taking place while you could see U.S. tanks rolling up on the lawn behind him!

2 Likes