The ETN Fomosapien Rocket To Mars’ Moons Club. Vol2; It’s all about the Gig

Thanks I’ll try it :wink:

1 Like

This is a real-world price for UK purchasers that I have used on several occasions…
https://cryptomate.co.uk/buy-electroneum/

4 Likes

I think around 25k…

1 Like

Is this a TV Studio?

16 Likes

Not sure, but both the ETN banner on the screen. and the banner on the desk, are photoshoped.

5 Likes

:point_up::+1::+1::+1::+1:

16 Likes

i love the picture :smiley:

10 Likes

I wish there was an official merch store with some of t shirts of the designs they come up with. That fish is especially good :smile:

7 Likes

I’d love to see that. Add in a portion going to a networked NGO of your choosing, in ETN of course, and I think it’d be a great pairing with everything else.

Could be linked to gigfair on the backend, so people can purchase using a credit/debit card, and have that said portion go through the OTC desk, and be passed on to said NGO.

@chris.gorman Just a thought.

7 Likes

I love the idea of it being a gig fair thing. I don’t necessarily thing it needs to help the NGOs, it could help Electroneum Ltd to keep going and adding to the coffers but do think they are missing a marketing opportunity here.

Too much thought has gone into this advertising for it to only be in Twitter posts.

7 Likes

I think they are being cautious with marketing until the tech is fully in place. Remember the pump and dump scheme by “Billy the Kid” just before KYC was set to come out last year? That really hurt ETN and soured a ton of investors.

Wait till gig is out. Marketing will hit full swing to promote it. Gig.fair is their bread and butter project. All guns blazing when gig is live! :gun: :fire: :bomb: :bomb: :fire: :gun:

13 Likes

Oh, by all means it’s not a necessity. But it would send a powerful message that Electroneum is here to empower the development of their target demographic. People tend to be more inclined to purchase something when there is a charitable cause behind it.

That money going towards NGOs also helps with bulking up the eLearning site, as they build content for it. So it is a reciprocally beneficial relationship.

Not to mention, the injection of ETN into those communities could go a long ways.

7 Likes

Btw, anyone else notice the comment from the Q/A regarding their work on a model ETN town in Africa? I find that extremely exciting! A perfect way to showcase ETN’s potential as a true currency, rather than a speculative asset.

11 Likes

That and the part about ETN being accepted at many locations somewhere in Asia, plus talk of large corporate partnerships…and ETN catching some eyes with it’s proof of concept model which must have something to do with their numbers in SA with The Unlimited. I don’t know, there was a lot to be excited about in there. Mostly stuff we know is coming eventually, but still nice to hear it from the PR guy…because he’s going to be kept in the loop for obvious reasons. Can’t really devise a PR campaign if you have no idea what you are preparing Promo material for can you?

11 Likes

No takers on this concern? Doesn’t make sense, probably just some glitch in the matrix so to speak. But who knows, for real?

Sorry for offtopic, but this has been bugging me for some days now…

I posted under that FB announcement, a friend of mine is unable to complete te registration step 3 because her paycheck is always late for two months. We submitted a proof of income from June several days ago and still got declined because “it needs to be less than 3 months old”. How is that older than 3 months. This way she’ll never register, and has several thousand of ETN stuck in her wallet, the investment from before the registration was mandatory.

1 Like

It is most likely some error in their data. Or data from some illiquid exchange where 50sat were traded with that price. Nothing to think about, it is not showing in charts of any reputable exchange.

1 Like

Really sorry to hear your friend is having issues with KYC Level 3.

Let’s try to get it sorted for her.

Are you sure she needs to complete Level 3, if she has “several thousand of ETN” in her wallet? It’s only required if she is using/holding over €10,000 per 3 month period in her ETN wallet. If you meant several thousand pounds/Euros/dollars of ETN then yes, KYC Level 3 will probably be required :slight_smile:

Even with under €10,000 in her wallet, Level 3 might also be required also for certain countries considered “high-risk” by various authorities, due to tighter regulations. Can you share which country she is based?

If you are having issues getting her paychecks approved, the Electroneum Team will also accept a letter from her employer indicating salary or a recent bank statement.

More detailed information available on the KYC/AML FAQs page.

Let us know how you get on.

Otherwise, @Rach may be able to offer more help tomorrow if your friend is still unsure (note that Rach has recently asked us not to open up a support ticket for KYC issues so let’s first see if it can be resolved this way).

9 Likes

Thousands of ETN itself, not in value. We are from Bosnia, things can be complicated in here… But anyways, still don’t get it how the June paper doesn’t count. She’ll get a paycheck for July in September, and so on. No way to do this the right way, she was also a 24/7 miner before the registration, just thinking how much of mobile miner time was wasted, lol.

Ah - regarding you both being based in Bosnia, the EU list of high-risk third countries did include Bosnia-Herzegovena, which means you would probably automatically be mandated to complete KYC Level 3, but The European Commission proposed to delist Bosnia-Herzegovena earlier this year.

If Bosnia was delisted, then the KYC rules would likely change for you.

I had a quick look around the European Commission website and couldn’t immediately see where the Commission currently stands with the delisting of Bosnia, but then it’s 00:40 here now and well past my bedtime so my fatigue and brain fog is kicking in big time :wink:

Hopefully somebody else can find the current list and status of Bosnia for you, or I’ll take another look tomorrow.

I can’t offer any explanation for the rejection of the paycheck dated June 2019; maybe Rach at Electroneum or another Community member can better help you with that.

Best regards,
Sally

11 Likes