The 2020 Fomosapien club vol 3

Really? An integration press release with a large company will shoot us to jupiter :innocent:

2 Likes

with the huge crashes taking place ETN is holding sideways at least. It seems to weather these storms way better with the number of coins in circulation I guess plus the less trade might help sometimes.

1 Like

April 14 … I remember that announcement now, but since it was a ways off when it was announced I kind of forgot about it and never looked into what it was all about.

1 Like

Apparently it’s a telegram tipping bot

2 Likes

:peace_symbol::heart::grin:

11 Likes

“In separate discussions, Microsoft executives have reportedly discussed letting people pay freelancers through LinkedIn using a digital wallet from Microsoft.”
Seems familiar.

1 Like

Below a cent…Screenshot_20210223-173538_Chrome
Almost all crypto are in a red war zone…

1 Like

Might not be over yet. Could be a further drop to $42k (ish) for BTC over the next day or three!

I guess the positive to take out of this is that if ETN had not had a step up the other week, we could now be sitting around $0.0025/30!!

If BTC gets to 42 ish then I would expect ETN to be around $0.006/65. BTD opportunity I would think, as ETN has not yet had the meteoric pumps that other alts have, (ADA, Link) etc.

Not financial advice of course, and always do your own research.

7 Likes

$18.5m in fines for Tether. I wonder what Electroneum’s fine would be if they listed without a legal opinion letter??

2 Likes

hahahahaha - that’s beautiful corporate speak right there :smiley:

5 Likes

I loved that quote too

1 Like

Just sitting here celebrating the Quarter Year anniversary of my account being locked. :tumbler_glass: :gun:

Don’t anybody say “patience”.

9 Likes

I would not dream of saying that to you. I sincerely hope you can get this resolved.

4 Likes

I feel really bad for these people have account issues. It worries me to be honest - what if for some reason your account is locked again and you really need the access. It feels like a good idea to keep paper wallets, the ledger when it comes, and even keep coins on exchanges that have insurance. Can’t be too careful I think.

2 Likes

Anyone can use the GUI or CLI wallet to have 100% control of their coins. Looking forward to Ledger finally signing off the integration so that it can be used with them as well.

Only keep coins you wish to use in the online/mobile wallet.

5 Likes

Hate to disagree but I have to. Technically anyone can use the cli. I certainly do. Still a very sizeable portion of people do not feel technically able to use it. A big part of the appeal of the project is precisely the utility of the app. But now it comes with the risk of having funds frozen for poorly articulated reasons. I get that the law prevents communicating the reasons but still it seems like a built in FUD machine.
Hopefully the ledger fixes that. It also seems like it is going to be a persistent point of headache for the project to have to cope with UK level kyc when trying to service the developing world.

An idea.
Perhaps it is time to start licensing the instant payment system to new partners in different jurisdictions so that they can kyc and service their base according. It would let the team focus on growth again instead of scrambling to clean up messes. It would also add some needed decentralization back. . etn-uk*, etn-us*, etn-ug* and others could all be prefix addresses and allow businesses to better comply with their local rules. CLI could still use etn* as a prefix. The prefix would indicate that the wallet follows rules according the the jurisdiction in question and quite possibly make local businesses feel more comfortable accepting etn.
I swear I am not trying to FUD here. I’m the sort to look for solutions. It’s how I am wired. There is a legit problem that needs a fix. If I can’t hold enough of a balance on the app to use locktrip properly on a trip without risking kyc locking up my funds there is a real problem. I really don’t want to have to bring a laptop with a cli wallet on it to be able to book a hotel a day in advance on a vacation.

What exactly is the issue with the ledger app? Does it work but hasn’t been validated by ledger? I am waiting on this being there to buy a ledger device. Can it be run at my own risk now?

7 Likes

Most importantly someone lit a fire underneath etns a$$ and recovered it above a cent

3 Likes

Substantially even.!!!

2 Likes

So out of claimed 3 million or 4 million users, probably 90% never logged in for a few years (like me, because i am aware of all these issues) and rest 10% have their account locked out.

P.S - Pun intended

1 Like

Have a good one

8 Likes
Community Terms | Main Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy | Support Tickets | Main Website