Tesla cyber truck

Has everyone seen tesla’s newest cyber truck? I really like it and if etn moons, i’ll definitely getting one. Dont know about everyone but i like how its made.

Whos getting one? Haha

Loved it, very special, challenging and futuristic design yet very clean and sexy IMO. I understand alot of people might not like it, but I really did due the fact how challenging it is.
Specs of the vehicle seems to make other trucks look like childrens toys.

But again, then im a “tesla-fanboy” or whatever the interweebs call us.

However wether me being a fan or not doesn’t change the specs of their world leading tech :slight_smile:

My next new car will definitely be a Tesla wether it being the truck or a M3 not sure probably the M3 though, And I will choose Tesla even if other brands are joining the field as of late, because I have 0 support for the other brands in the field (except Toyota) anymore after all those years they bashed and tried to bankrupt tesla and now they are all playing the catch-up game.

1 Like

It took a second as I digested it. I like it more and more as time passes and it’s a no brainer when you compare it with other trucks, not to mention once I saw this I was completely sold

The Reserve fee is surprisingly small and the big thing the fine print says is the cost of self driving is LOCKED IN with reservation and yet you can cancel at any time and get your deposit back. Musk has been pushing the price will go up exponentially as the system improves and when they reach the ultimate goal.

I should mention I am a Model 3 Owner and some would call me a musk fanboy.

3 Likes

Take me a ride in ur M3 please <3 I can pay you some ETN’s :wink:

1 Like

Happy to see so many from this lovely community also “praise” the god of entrepreneurship.

Just think about it, thanks to the man E.M we as Electroneum can exist since he was the inventor of internet payment transactions in the first place and opened up a complete new world of economy. Surely someone else would’ve invented it if not him, but he did it.

I’m not gonna hold it back, if there were anyone on this planet that i truly look up to it is Elon himself. So much good coming out of one individual it’s quite frightening to be honest. So much tech that he has invented with being chief engineer at spacex, chief engineer at tesla, solar panels that quite literally will last longer then your damn house, powering your electric needs and even making your house give you free money in the long run.

The truck really does grow on you the more you watch it, its growing to become the sexiest vehicle I have ever seen if im going to be completely honest.

Haha, I Do love showing it off, maybe one day when the Tesla Uber like network is up and running it’ll accept ETN! and you’d be able to choose what you need, cybertruck for homedepot and airport runs and model 3s for other typically runs

Etn @ATH= tesla cyber truck for me.
I dont know why but i like E.M’s ideas.
This reminds me, i saw a video of him when he was at paypal or when he just sold it, he had receding hairline but when we became a millionaire, his hair came back. I want my hair back too. Hahaha

2 Likes

The Cybertruck weights almost double as much as model 3 and probably has more aerodynamic drag too. So I would argue it needs nearly double the battery size for same range. With the price of 40k$ I think that this just shows how much Tesla is aiming to get the battery costs down by 2022.

I don’t know how much that steel or the glass they are using for it costs but my guess would be more than the body of model 3. And the interior does not seem to be any lesser either. Plus the bed of the truck with automatic cover, 220v charging, air pump etc. do most likely rise the costs up too.
Maybe they somehow can drive down some of the manufacturing costs by not having so much curves on it but I think that the weight of the materials would drive the costs up somewhat.

So the conclusion I came to is that they plan to have extremely cheap batteries and possibly drivetrains when they start the production of the cybertruck. This would have an huge impact on the pricing and margins of the other models they make. So overall, the truck itself seems to be a major hit and it also gives clues for some major upgrades through the lineup at Tesla. It will be interesting to see how other car makers will compete.

It seems Rivian R1T starts at 69k but is way worse spec-wise than the 69k Cybertruck, 69k R1T seems to be somewhat comparable to 49k Cybertruck. Also Rivian plans to start delivering late next year so it has some time in the market before straight competition from Tesla.
Also Ford did do something interesting with its ~45k Mach E model that would be somewhat competitive with model Y, which was surprising. Ford could have something similar to the Rivian coming up when they lauch their electric pick-up, most likely they are aiming for better.
VW has made some deals to get their battery price per kwh down to under 100$. So they could have something interesting coming up in terms of price too. Probably not in the pick-up’s but maybe something against model Y or 3.

Tesla is definitely not alone in the EV market anymore. At the moment they do have the competitive edge but I would not like to go as for as say that they are so much ahead of the crowd that its unreal today. I think I should wait for the battery and drivetrain -day at the beginning of next year to say that. Although other car makers have not yet proven that they can actually deliver EV’s in volume so might as well say that today :grin:

1 Like

Ford has 37B Cash on Hand so they should be able to make some infrastructure happen. But it will be interesting to see can they convert any of the old infrastructure to be usable with EV’s. At worse case if the EV revolution hits hard and they cannot make any use of their old infrastructure, it could drag them to bankruptcy. In best case, they could stay in the game and actually be competitive.
When it comes to brand, Tesla definitely has the top spot. But it is not like others have it bad either.They have much more history, good and bad, but masses know them and some even love them.

In the future (like 10-years), I think there will be one or two car companies that will be able to compete with Tesla. At least I hope so since competition would only be a good thing for the consumers in the end. I take myself as a Tesla fanboy but regardless I don’t want to rule all the other competition out just yet :blush:

*Lol, sorry for taking this so much off topic :joy:

This

was the model i was hoping for … its stunning. :point_up::point_up:

But for the sci-fi kid in me . The one they released is awesome… love the atv that goes in the back or the camper style…

images%20(1)

Definitely different :+1::+1::+1::peace_symbol::heart::grin:

I agree it is different which is what tesla is all about. I do like the futuristic look that blade runner style light. Love it .

Hopefully we all get one … be like delorean owners all over again … :grin:

Especially like the sledge hammer part zero dints … was brilliant

1 Like

Elon actually replied to a Tweet that it was the sledge hammer hit that broke the base of the glass and that is why it shattered.
So no sledge hammering the car but throwing metal balls at the glass is ok :joy: But probably both are ok when it comes to production :blush:

2 Likes

You can still use a sledge hammer but you have to do it AFTER throwing those metal balls at the window glass.

2 Likes

They are probably going to have it fixed eventually, since if they don’t MSM will be like, but when i drive this truck out in warfield on my everyday journey to my fishing cabin how will I protect myself if the windshield can’t take bullets and rockets launched at me?

My Ford can’t do anything of what this Tesla can do, but since your failed bulletproof glass broke I think the vehicle is complete garbage for a very decent price?

Best regards, CNN, Fox news, MSNBC, and what ever the rest of the MSM world is called.

Jokes aside, I do believe they will have a look wether they can do something against this incase thieves will use this mechanism to get inside the vehicles.

2 Likes