Some Questions Regarding Payment (and being Offline)

I have been thinking about the use case of ETN and how one in the banked and unbanked world will be able to make payments if they have poor connection.

I am aware that when Vendors are on-board they will have API’s that are obviously linked to the internet thus allowing payments to be accepted. But what if someones phone loses connection and they can’t login to send an instant payment?

Please stay with me on this, as i have been mulling over something that I really want the Electroneum team to be aware of. That is a payment system by Tesco, the British Supermarket company. They are involved in banking and have brought out an app called Tesco pay+. Which links to fiat (Visa, Visa Debit, Visa Electron, MasterCard, MasterCard Debit, Maestro and American Express.)

Where this is system is different is that users use a QR code to pay even if they have no mobile connection and are technically offline. I am not sure it could be implemented into our system, or is going to be down the pipeline…

Looking forward to your responses and reassurance that this system is bullet proof so to speak.